The Difference Between "ranked" And "official" Servers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
on both server modes points counts normal. but there are huge differences in settings. so i think i will try to explain both modes a bit so everybody get a bit more info about this.

Server is running in ranked mode means:
All points counting normal and a lot of settings can customize. admin is working so you can kick and ban player. external cheating plugins also working fine. user can join with reserved slots. so this is the mode we normaly prefer.

Server is running in official mode means:
All points counting normal but you are not able to customize all settings. so no admin is working. not ingame and not over procon server console. you can not ban or kick any player. external anticheating is not working. so server is running only with the EA based anticheat and this is crap as you can see how manycheater can join a game. no reserved slots working same as no external plugin working.
but, and this is the main point to run a server in this official mode, player who pushing "play now" button only can join on official server. so this is the reason because the server is filling up such fast in that mode. sadly this is not working if its running in ranked mode.

Thanks for clearing it up!

We're in official mode, yet I see users banned in the chat all the time due to external cheater databases? What's up with that?

Also what do I do if a guy says XXX is hacking, I look and he's going 58 to 1?
What resources can i check?
I'd assume gametime etc....

Any websites though?

you can use this link to check the guy.
247FairPlay.com - CheatDetector Service
there are different other checks on the right site to have a deeper look at. imtortant is that bf4stats.com link on the right because mainly all anticheat tools using that data and this had to be "fresh". so push the update button on that site if you see the data is older than some days.

sadly, in official mode you can´t do anything against cheaters. same as our plugins. they have not the right to kick that players although they are still working as you can see in the messages. thats why i let run them nevertheless. it confused the cheating cocks and also they got banned for later setups back in "ranked" mode. :D

oh, and not all bans are because of cheating. there are also some because off bad behaving or racism or something else. but sure, most of them are because of cheating.

Had that question when I started doing admin. Stats don't always tell the full story though so sometimes you need to swap teams and join their squad to watch them (also helps if you give them a hint that you are doing that - just say in chat that you will check and follow) and sometimes go and spectate them too - again you can say that is what you are doing. That can do enough to make them leave if they are dodgy.

If you have gforce experience running or fraps you can record the game play or your spectating for evidence. You can then add that to a post on here saying why you banned them should they wish to appeal a ban. I usually do a post just for the record so you don't forget the player name etc.

Chat abuse can be down to your own personal tolerance but anything racial or homophobic should get the spidey sense going. The in-game language bot will warn, kill and kick but there are some times when a straight ban is justified. There have been plenty of threads on here about what is acceptable as banter but there are a few lines that shouldn't be crossed and racism is one. Cancer and other similar comments would probably trigger my ban button but again, if you ban for something a post in the ban section is a good idea. It can explain your reasons for doing it. For in game text ProCon is good as you can go back and check the conversation and copy and paste if necessary. Screen prints are also useful as evidence.

If you are unsure then you can always ask on here for what people think and that can help you know for the future.

Had that question when I started doing admin. Stats don't always tell the full story though so sometimes you need to swap teams and join their squad to watch them (also helps if you give them a hint that you are doing that - just say in chat that you will check and follow) and sometimes go and spectate them too - again you can say that is what you are doing. That can do enough to make them leave if they are dodgy.

If you have gforce experience running or fraps you can record the game play or your spectating for evidence. You can then add that to a post on here saying why you banned them should they wish to appeal a ban. I usually do a post just for the record so you don't forget the player name etc.

Chat abuse can be down to your own personal tolerance but anything racial or homophobic should get the spidey sense going. The in-game language bot will warn, kill and kick but there are some times when a straight ban is justified. There have been plenty of threads on here about what is acceptable as banter but there are a few lines that shouldn't be crossed and racism is one. Cancer and other similar comments would probably trigger my ban button but again, if you ban for something a post in the ban section is a good idea. It can explain your reasons for doing it. For in game text ProCon is good as you can go back and check the conversation and copy and paste if necessary. Screen prints are also useful as evidence.

If you are unsure then you can always ask on here for what people think and that can help you know for the future.

Awesome, cool; thanks for the wall of text!

Reactions: glenwilson
I'm used to writing guides and manuals so some stuff can get a bit wordy. Never been one to hold back information as a means of retaining power - would rather share experience and knowledge. People have helped me so I try and help others. Even as you get older you can still learn even from the yoofs of today! :)

Reactions: tousledmonkey31

Users who are viewing this thread