Techy Stuff

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What should I do?

• Leave it like that?

• Put new legs on TV and tidy up the wiring?

Results are only viewable after voting.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
We always have a week around this time of year at my Mum’s. Usually involves getting odd jobs done around the house. She has had this 32 inch Philips TV since HD was first out so wanted a new one. Most things you read say the TV size should be based on how far away you will be from it. The vertical height (not the diagonal) should be about 5x the distance away from it. So based on that 55 inch diagonal should be the right size as her chair is about 2.5/3m away. So new TV was delivered. Wasn’t till then I noticed where the legs on the thing were in comparison to the table used as a TV stand. As you can see we had to improvise until the alternative legs arrive (see pic below). :) Boss level improvisation!

Also replaced the battery on her iPhone.

Ongoing is trying to convince her IP that 1.25mbps down and 0.2 up is quite a lot different from what she should expect to get. Plus the connection drops every 10 minutes. The bullshite they give you is a joke. When plugging in the TV and logging into Netflix it said do you want to upgrade Netflix to 4K. Me: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry::ROFLMAO:.

F80E6E6F 7324 49A0 B042 0A4A324E5147

lmao first i had to laugh my ass of with that wiring lol

on a more serius note, i would buy a wall braket. best choice a full motion one so your mom can move it a bit in that direction she needs. also you can place the little table a bit more central under the tv and hide the cable a bit or just buy a cablecanal to hide it.

Reactions: Teofild
lmao first i had to laugh my ass of with that wiring lol

on a more serius note, i would buy a wall braket. best choice a full motion one so your mom can move it a bit in that direction she needs. also you can place the little table a bit more central under the tv and hide the cable a bit or just buy a cablecanal to hide it.

I would have normally gone for wall mounting but don’t have any tools with me. All the walls are solid brick so cannot hide the cables through them. Once we have the new legs it cables will be tidied up and hidden by creating a false back to the table. Will show the completed installation.

This was todays project. Came down armed with all the hardware and tools to mount TV and sound bar. Need to get some cable channeling to tidy up the wires.

8693C93B 757C 428A 8E16 90FF2E6EEC3A

Users who are viewing this thread