Sweet Pepper's Day!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Absolute001

Absolute001

9 Sep 2021
Hey guys! I hope you are doing well.

This evening I brought you two dishes that me (lunch) and my mother (evening) cooked.

Today I was so busy that I completely forgot to have lunch and being pretty late (14:30 ish) and feeling a bit creative a decided to make something with the ingredients available in my fridge.
The result was this:

Pasta con i peperoni

I know it doesn't look that pretty but trust me, it's worth the time.

To make it you pan-fry some sweet peppers (the small ones) alongside with a clove of garlic, some chillies and a bit of basil (I know it sounds strange but TRUST THE PROCESS), I did it accidentally and found out that the basil releases it's taste in the oil.
To give it an extra kick I decided to add a bit of nduja calabrese, a spicy sausage made in the region of Calabria, Southern Italy.
I guess you could replace that with the interiors of a regular sausage (as nduja is tipically consumed with the skin off and then spread on a piece of bread)+ some chillies.
After all of that you add a little bit of tomato sauce (to give color) and you let that cook until your pasta is ready. Assemble the dish and voilà! It's time to eat!

This evening tho, my mother prepared something that truly is special:
Stuffed peppers.

Peperoni ripieni

This dish is really simple to make:

Cook the rice, let it rest.
In the mean time cook some grounded beef with a clove or two of garlic (in olive oil).
Fill the peppers with rice and beef and then put them straight in the oven for 40 minutes at a temperature of 180° (celsius) or until the rice is crispy on the top and the peppers are REALLY. REALLY. TENDER. 😍

In the mean time pur yourself a glass of wine and enjoy all the amazing smells in the kitchen!

I hope that these two recipes will satisfy your daily needs and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Have a nice day/night!

As long as the food tastes good, looks don't matter. 🙂 They both look really good! lI remember my mum making the stuffed peppers and rice dish when I was about 15 (cough 45+ years ago). Wife isn't a fan of peppers so we would try this. Can recommend this as an easy but tasty meal.

Do you have a recipe for making pasta? I have tried a few and they are OK but too often if I make ravioli it seems too soft and sticks to everything before being cooked.

This is what I use: 250gm 000 grade flour, 3 yolks and 2 whole eggs

As long as the food tastes good, looks don't matter. 🙂 They both look really good! lI remember my mum making the stuffed peppers and rice dish when I was about 15 (cough 45+ years ago). Wife isn't a fan of peppers so we would try this. Can recommend this as an easy but tasty meal.

Do you have a recipe for making pasta? I have tried a few and they are OK but too often if I make ravioli it seems too soft and sticks to everything before being cooked.

This is what I use: 250gm 000 grade flour, 3 yolks and 2 whole eggs
Glad you liked the recipes!

Unfortunately we don't make pasta at home so I can't help with that. I would advise though, to coat the pasta with flour or starch to prevent ir from sticking to everything. It's ok for the pasta to be soft, in fact, here, fresh pasta is really, REALLY soft, it just firms up because it's kept in a cold environment, as long as your seal is good there should be nothing to worry about!

Cheers. do use semolina on the surface but even that doesn't work if the pasta is left for even a little while.

Cheers. do use semolina on the surface but even that doesn't work if the pasta is left for even a little while.
I looked at a recipe online and the proportions of the ingredients for four people is as follows:

400 grams of general purpose flour
4 whole eggs

Given that you're putting 250 grams of flours I'd suggest you to try to use 2 eggs.

Reactions: glenwilson

Users who are viewing this thread