Summer - Moments Of Joy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
General_Misery

General_Misery

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Halmstad - Sweden
So, just a thread on whatever is enjoyable in summer; small or big...

Some moments I've hade recently:

Sitting in comfy garden chair reading interesting book, blackbird singing and roses smelling like perfume.
Fetching the newspaper in the morning in shorts and t-shirt, pale sun in the distance, air filled with "summer smell" and sound of waves rolling in.
Playing with the dog on the lawn getting acupuncture by stiff straws on the back and a number of mosquito bites, hearing daughter and wife laughing in the background.
Eating delicious strawberries and not regretting having too many.

"Summertime, and the livin' is easy"...:)

The simplicity of a moment of silence in the early morning save the distant sounds of birds.

Reading the newspaper while a gentle scent of lavender is filling the air.

Sleeping with the windows wide open and the covers thrown back.

Unexpected rains with a cool breeze during a heat wave.

Watching our two little nephews playing “Fireman Sam” with the garden hose and getting ourselves almost soaked through because of their strong ‘sense of duty’.

Making their eyes light up by offering them the second mini ice cream cup on a hot day and listening to their contagious carefree laughter. :)

just laying with my wife under our weeping willow tree in the shadow while its sunny and hot around us.

sitting on the terrace and watching the birds flying around. beens, bunblebees and butterflies flying around on the flowers beside us.

walking around in the garden and discover the changes in flowers every day

go on a walk with the dogs and wifey out in the fields between fields of rape ( raps ) and smell the flagrance while they bloom in a overall yellow.

Tidying things in the garden and have the sparrowhawk swoosh past just inches away to then perch on the fence about 2meters away.

Enjoying the sounds of the baby birds demanding to be fed by their parents.

Enjoying a coffee and watching the blackbird collecting worms and insects for its young.

Watching buzzards glide around in the sky.

Reactions: General_Misery
Having a late and long breakfast, reading the morning newspaper in detail, listening to the soothing drizzle of rain outside the window.
Waking up at 6:30 realizing "no work today", take a leak and go back to inviting bed and fall asleep...
Forgetting date and day of week - and not caring one bit.
Having a slow pace day to such extent that you forget the following day what you did the day before.
Forget when you last played BF.

Today is not particularly warm but would be relaxing if the neighbour to the right wasn't cutting their lawn. The neighbour to the left is sawing something.

But with headphones on I can sit and watch the ballet of bees going from flower to flower.

The chorus of bird warnings as another neighbour's cat looks for its lunch.

Time to get the lawnmower out!
IMG 3173

A few video clips from when I was sitting out there earlier. The bird on the apple feeder and the blackbird were about 1.5m away. (Metres not miles :) )
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: lakaelo
Thanks guys. :) Life is easier when you can remember what you did last night and no need to wonder all weird shit later and ask about it from somebody who was there. :D Also saved thousands of euros are nice bonus. :)

I know the title is summer moments of joy, bur here is most of the time shitty weather, I am still ill with my back and my fiancee moved out some weeks ago. So not my best summer. :tbag:

I know the title is summer moments of joy, bur here is most of the time shitty weather, I am still ill with my back and my fiancee moved out some weeks ago. So not my best summer. :tbag:

Thank you for putting things into perspective. So often we forget that there are folk not having the best of times for any amount of reasons. I've only ever tweaked my back and suffered for a few days so can only imagine what an extended period of back issues would be like.

Really hope that you get to feel better and that other things improve so it isn't a summer you wish to forget and that you do get some summer joy.

Reactions: Mr.X
Thank you for putting things into perspective. So often we forget that there are folk not having the best of times for any amount of reasons. I've only ever tweaked my back and suffered for a few days so can only imagine what an extended period of back issues would be like.

Really hope that you get to feel better and that other things improve so it isn't a summer you wish to forget and that you do get some summer joy.

Echo Glen again, hope things get better soon m8...

Reactions: Mr.X

I am really sorry to hear that.
Finding appropriate words in such a situation is rather difficult but you should know that we, the members of your NRU family, are just an e-mail away.

Mr X, I hope you find relief from whatever you’re going through at the moment.
Please don’t forget that we care for you.

Thanks for your words fellas, didn't wanted to interrupt this thread....
My moments of joy are the days when the sun shines and I am pretty much doing the same like Lakay, checking everday the flowers in the garden.
Lmao what "hard" bunch of BF Soldiers we are :)

Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread