[NSFW] Star wars - which order to watch?

• Thread starter General_Misery
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
General_Misery

General_Misery

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Halmstad - Sweden
Yes, I know I’ve been living under a rock but I’ve not seen a Star Wars movie, only snippets. I’ve now bought some SW boxes* and wonder in which order I should see them - by number, year released or other?

Any comments welcome 👍🏻🙂🚀

* Shows I’m retired 😁

• Wow
Reactions: lakaelo
Haha nice! I'm a (little?!) fan of this Universe. So in chronological order :

1 - Novel "Darth Plagueis" by James Luceno. A real masterpiece if you like to read. It's explaining the WHY before all events we can see in SW I, II, III + historic context + background of main characters + learning from the force + lore of SW. Really I insist don't hesitate to take it if you like to read and like this Universe.

2 - Episode I : The Phantom Menace
3 - Episode II : Attack of the Clones
4 - Star Wars : the Clones War (anime serie)
5 - Episode III : Revenge of the Sith
6 - Rogue One : A Star Wars story
7 - Solo : A Star Wars story
8 - Episode IV : A new hope
9 - Episode V : The Empire strikes back
10 - Episode VI : Return of the Jedi
11 - Star Wars Battlefront II campaign (game)
12 - The Mandalorian (serie)
13 - Episode VII : The Force awakens
14 - Episode VIII : The last Jedi
15 - Episode IX : The Rise of Skywalker
16 - Episode X : Bonaparte the new CockEmperor

+3 new movies under preparation
- New trilogy
+3 new series under preparation
  • Obi-Wan
  • Cassian Andor
  • The High Republic

Last edited:
Many thanks for the fast response 👍🏻.

I assume I’m in for a feast as all episodes are evidently epic and great, uhm - episode X sounds crappy though 😁

Oh, the only explanation for my late awakening ☺️ is that I was never so hot on sci-fi movies in general when SW arrived in theatres...

Reactions: CoquilletteUwU
It's never too late to enjoy! If you have questions don't hesitate!

Have to admit that Star Wars bores me almost as much as the Lord Of The Rings and Hobbits films. Yes, still have my 100% record of not staying awake through any of the Hobbit or LotR films 😴

Star Trek though..... 😍

Reactions: lakaelo
Have to admit that Star Wars bores me almost as much as the Lord Of The Rings and Hobbits films. Yes, still have my 100% record of not staying awake through any of the Hobbit or LotR films 😴

Star Trek though..... 😍
Well, I never watched Hobbit and Lord of the Ring films, Star Wars is always cool to watch. But I don't get Star Trek. At least not the series that are played on TV, these seem pretty boring when you zap through the programs :D

Star Trek though..... 😍
true, some of the new star wars movies are really crap. a bit like bf5 lol great grafic but just boring to play. therefore the old ones like return of the jedi having a good story but you can see that you watching a 30 years old movie.

compared with the new star trek movies, i would say i like them more.
not only because you don´t have to know some shitty story like ( this is the son of xyz and he killed the father of abc and therefore the daughter from qwe is hunting the son of xyz lol ) holy fuck, i will just watch a movie and having some entertaining 2 hours, not studien the family tree of all this muppets. :D

Reactions: RIZLOID
I would watch it in releaseorder like laka said

edit: do what sam said

Haha nice! I'm a (little?!) fan of this Universe. So in chronological order :

1 - Novel "Darth Plagueis" by James Luceno. A real masterpiece if you like to read. It's explaining the WHY before all events we can see in SW I, II, III + historic context + background of main characters + learning from the force + lore of SW. Really I insist don't hesitate to take it if you like to read and like this Universe.

2 - Episode I : The Phantom Menace
3 - Episode II : Attack of the Clones
4 - Star Wars : the Clones War (anime serie)
5 - Episode III : Revenge of the Sith
6 - Rogue One : A Star Wars story
7 - Solo : A Star Wars story
8 - Episode IV : A new hope
9 - Episode V : The Empire strikes back
10 - Episode VI : Return of the Jedi
11 - Star Wars Battlefront II campaign (game)
12 - The Mandalorian (serie)
13 - Episode VII : The Force awakens
14 - Episode VIII : The last Jedi
15 - Episode IX : The Rise of Skywalker
16 - Episode X : Bonaparte the new CockEmperor

+3 new movies under preparation
- New trilogy
+3 new series under preparation
  • Obi-Wan
  • Cassian Andor
  • The High Republic
I will only keep the movies thank you (+ the mandalorian that I already seen)
Now I mustn't fall asleep in front of

• Yay
Reactions: CoquilletteUwU
Having worked our way through Star Trek and the MCU finally coughed up for Disney+

So will start watching Star Wars films. Maybe I am missing something but they all just seem quite sterile and un-involving. I know that some people take SW quite seriously but it has never done anything for me.

Having worked our way through Star Trek and the MCU finally coughed up for Disney+

So will start watching Star Wars films. Maybe I am missing something but they all just seem quite sterile and un-involving. I know that some people take SW quite seriously but it has never done anything for me.

Star Trek the next generation aged a lot better than star wars IV to VI.
Last 2 years I used netflix to watch every fucking damn star trek series, because I never saw it before. Star Wars fans dont read pls: Old Picard has more character then all Star Wars characters combined.
Only thing with Star Trek is that they lost the way. Its all only bigger and war and did I say war?

Star Trek the next generation aged a lot better than star wars IV to VI.
Last 2 years I used netflix to watch every fucking damn star trek series, because I never saw it before. Star Wars fans dont read pls: Old Picard has more character then all Star Wars characters combined.
Only thing with Star Trek is that they lost the way. Its all only bigger and war and did I say war?
Thanks, I think that points out exactly why Star Wars seems sterile to me, the characters seem lacking any depth and like a lot of films when a main character gets snuffed you think, whatever, because you don't really know them or it is very superficial. Trek spends a little time to let you get to know them and actually have some sort of feeling for them even if it is a dislike. It is almost as if Star Trek invested in decent actors and Star Wars invested in the scenery and effects and then thought about the story and actors.

Never watched Voyager or DS9 - somehow missed them so now might be the time to catch up.

This may sound a daft question but do you watch them speaking English, dubbed or with subtitles? Whilst I really don't like subtitles they are preferable to poor dubbing with crap accents. You also end up concentrating on the subtitles and missing the film. Poorly dubbed speech is just as distracting like in the old Kung Fu films.

Never watched Voyager or DS9 - somehow missed them so now might be the time to catch up.

This may sound a daft question but do you watch them speaking English, dubbed or with subtitles? Whilst I really don't like subtitles they are preferable to poor dubbing with crap accents. You also end up concentrating on the subtitles and missing the film. Poorly dubbed speech is just as distracting like in the old Kung Fu films.

What makes Star Trek so nice is that its most of the times different writers and directors. The Actors are often time just casted for Star Trek besides TNG with Whoopie Goldberg.
And the Budget must have been reaaaaally bad ^^

And what I didnt like where the TNG era cinema films I thought they were really awful after watching all off TNG

Whaaaat you have to watch it both :) At first DS 9 feels like a 90s sitcom with that station but its actually awesome :D More about other species and how (not) to interact with them on long term
And Voyager is just awesome :)
Though the "war" sceme started in that time - its not all optimistic solution finding anymore - Roddenberry died and lost his influence.
US style heroism is not what I need in Star Trek. For example(completely made up off course): We are stuck here dying lets fly that thing into the enemy ship to make big boom and let even more die

Question about language is not daft :) I watched it all in english, though if I would have known it before I probably would have watched German, because its just unnatural if the voice of a "known" person suddenly switches.
Due to that Clan teamspeak (in the bf2 times especially) I could train my english skills to acceptable and can listen without subtitles ;)

You stop bad mouthing original star wars right now or you're all out of the clan 🙂

Well yeees I still love Star wars but George Lucas must be even more unlucky than Roddenberry. Mandalorian is exactly my thing. It feels like they listened to my dreams ^^ Somehow outer Rim stuff is the best in Star Wars

I wonder when all the other series come they announced!

Reactions: General_Misery
When you get actors who were in ST directing you get the feel that they are also fans who care about small details and sort of know what the feel should be. Most of the ST films feel different from the series. Some are just an overlong episodes and others should have been, lets stop, look at what we have done and rewrite it. Nobody tries to make a bad film but many get corrupted and edited into something different from what was initially imagined.

I have really enjoyed Discovery and Pickard.

Once we start watching the SW films again I will report back.

I am not keen on the Craig Bond films as he just seems to be trying too hard to look manly and hard when in previous films and the books he wasn't like that.

Was going to watch a film last night but read the reviews and they were all 1* so didn't bother with it. So we watched Episode 3. Might have seen Ep 2 but doubt we missed much.

Have to admit that it met all my expectations.

Obi whatsit - why didn't he just finish off Vader when he had the chance? All through that scene with the lava neither of them sweat at all yet all of a sudden Vader gets toasty and loses a few limbs. Also, the way that pregnancy bump varies in size from had a couple of pints and a pizza to small alien and then back to oh we forgot to put the cushion up there was just poor continuity. Why do most of the craft have wings that fold up? No need for them to do that.

The dustbin robots had more character than most of the actors managed. Sith bloke was obviously a baddy from the very start and annakin was the same - giving off a very dark goth evil vibe.

Didn't fall asleep though!

I recommend either reading the "Revenge of the Sith" novel by Matthew Stover or listening to the audio book. It is miles better than the movie and manages to deliver a great story where at the end, you actuially feel sorry for Vader

Users who are viewing this thread