Some views from my homeland

Rumblepumble

NRU Member
23 Aug 2019
First one is in Mannheim, at the river called Neckar
Second one in Mannheim, too. In a "town-wood" (dont know how u call "Stadtwald" in english)

The rest is all around Mannheim, near the village i grow up (5 kilometers or sth away from Mannheim)

FreakingRage

Stab Stab
NRU Member
8 Sep 2019
www.instagram.com
very nice photos rumble:)iam actually competing with myself to an extend where i get too picky and dont like my pictures,after some time my inner critic goes away and i can start to see beauty in them.but i keep shooting anyway i just show the pictures no one for some time.i give it a try again today and eventually post some here.
yeah a tele photo lens is almost as expensive as the whole camera or in some cases even more than the camera:LOL:and i recently good one 😬 but its one of the cheaper ones,now i just have to make cool pictures with it😁

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Being super critical of our photos is something you have to learn not to do. Most things can be fixed on the PC if the basic exposure and composition of the picture are good. I have favourite photos that are far from perfect technically but always make me smile.

ALWAYS spend money on good lenses. Camera bodies generally do a good job but a cheap lens will affect images more in a bad way - less sharp. Top of the range camera bodies are better for more extreme conditions of light and dark and the speed at which they autofocus for sports or wildlife photography.

With any camera, READ THE EFFING manual! Then practice with it so you know where all the buttons are, what they do, and how to use them without looking. I usually have the camera set to idiot mode and then change the settings manually to get the effect I want.

I got my first SLR (a Pentax MX full manual film) when I was 18. It had a 50mm f1.8 lens and I got a 70-200mm Tamron zoom to go with it. I still have those and still use the 50mm. My favourite lenses are the Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 (doesn't vary with focal length) and Sigma 70-200 f2.8. Also have 10-20mm and 500mm mirror lens and a few others too. Lensbaby is also fun to play around with. Have two Pentax K-5 bodies as I needed a back-up when doing car photos. Have done a wedding and even gad a couple of GoPros set up for the ceremony one for video and one for backup stills as time lapse.

Day to day I use the camera in my phone. Even on holidays that gets more use. Lugging 25kg of kit around an airport isn't fun (good job they don't weigh carry on bags) 😁

Would be too expensive to change from Pentax but would go mirrorless Olympus or similar. All the quality and a lot less weight.

Reactions: FreakingRage

FreakingRage

Stab Stab
NRU Member
8 Sep 2019
www.instagram.com
iam just spent sometimes too much time in my head overthinking how the pictures turned out,but actually i want to be grateful for the great Equipment i have and the places i see. i need to remind myself of that constantly.
lenswise i got the tamron trinity for sony alpha mirrorless wich are realy good,sharp and with 2.8 aperture all the way.
i never read any manual :LOL: i always watch video guides, i often have the camera in A mode/S mode and at night in manual.
you got quite a history with photographing i see 🤓even a wedding. i shot at a wedding one time and will never do it again waaaay too much pressure :LOL:
cameras in phones have evolved so much these days the quality on some is amazing, in many cases its not necessary to bring the big bertha to make some nice pics.

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Friend had a Sony alpha DSLR. Felt so much more comfortable than most of the Canon/Nikon equivalent.

It is funny how when you go out you do see people with massive expensive zoom lenses and they have no idea how to use the camera. It is probably the only time when I wished I had Canon or Nikon so I could whip out one of these, smile, and give that I think I win look.

• Haha

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
10 Oct 2012
London
I have a nikon coolpix slr camera my wife bought me for my fishing photos, good for day or night pics and video. I just put it in drive (idiot mode, point and fire) its got P,S,A,M,U and diff. scenes ? whatever all that is (M is manual and A is aperture) the rest ??? 😂. When I catch a fish worthy of a photo, I hold the fish and someone else will take the pic with my camera.
I also take the camera + gopro on holiday but can never be bothered to carry the camera and so take no pictures (Im a lazy fucker :banghead: )
I have 10 fav pics but havent got round to taking them yet 😂😂😂

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Pocket cameras are great for most things. I think you would have to try hard to find a camera that took bad pictures (I don't mean composition just the saved image). Quite often just put the camera in idiot mode and just use manual when that struggles.

I have been to various places like castles and touristy places where people dig around the boot of their car and emerge with massive 500mm lenses (the sort you need for sports ). I would just like to whip one of those out and give them the "you are going to ned a bigger gun" look. Childish I know but...😁

Better still would be one of the telephoto lens made for the CIA which make that other one look cheap! Mor length but less girth ( ooooer missus).

Last edited:

Rumblepumble

NRU Member
23 Aug 2019
very nice photos rumble:)iam actually competing with myself to an extend where i get too picky and dont like my pictures,after some time my inner critic goes away and i can start to see beauty in them.but i keep shooting anyway i just show the pictures no one for some time.i give it a try again today and eventually post some here.
yeah a tele photo lens is almost as expensive as the whole camera or in some cases even more than the camera:LOL:and i recently good one 😬 but its one of the cheaper ones,now i just have to make cool pictures with it😁
Rage, i feel that!

I have similar problems and since a few month i lost my inspiration and creativity for making photos... all ideas are gone or better saying, all ideas are trash in my eyes. but there will be a time u like your photos again. respect, that u keep shooting. I cant do this at the moment.