Some medieval castles

• Thread starter Deleted member 2634
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
nice and always sad to see some of the old castles will not going to be renovated. its still looking amazing but it would look evening better without grafity. on the other site i like to see how the nature is getting some buildings back or some industriebuildings are out of shape after some years not using and caring them.

Where are they? Really nice pics. Envious of the weather too.

A lot of castles and other buildings get dismantled and the stone reused in other buildings so it always amazes me how some still survive the centuries despite many wars and environmental damage. Some of the castles, monasteries and abbeys are incredible buildings for the times when they were built.

The one on the first two pics is called Landštejn and it's located in the souther region of Czech - Castle Landštejn

The second one is called Český Rudolec and is currently being renovated by some local enthusiasts... that's why it looks so demolished but the tower looks like new, it's not far from the Landštejn, but ... Google Maps

The weather was nice and the pics were taken under good lighting conditions :)

If you ever decide to come here...give me a shout, I'll be happy to meet you :)

Nice pics, thanks for posting!

Our son and his girlfriend visited Prague a couple of weeks ago and they were very happy with the trip. Son jokingly said that one of the best things there: excellent and cheap beer :giggle: .

I've been to Prague once back in 1992 but sadly had little time to see the town as I was attending a congress but still - liked the place a lot (y)

25 hours for me. I wonder if i could drive around europe sometime when i have time and money

well I drove for about 8 hours from my hometown to Lublana and then some to the hotel... to be honest, if you get adecent car, it's not great, but also not terrible...I could do 800 km a day for a few days...

well Witch's journey is the longest, so about 26 hours from now?

26 nonstop? Impossible without other driver, i had 14h from LV to UA trip, i would fall asleep if my wife would not talk to me and not let sleep. But i did it :D And when arrived .... Local beers and Vodka, and i forgot that i drove so much :)

Not impossible at all...just dangerous AF.

26 nonstop? Impossible without other driver, i had 14h from LV to UA trip, i would fall asleep if my wife would not talk to me and not let sleep. But i did it :D And when arrived .... Local beers and Vodka, and i forgot that i drove so much :)
I would have to drive through Latvia anyways soo... Meet up and you drive some too?

Also 14 hours nonstop is nothing. I've already done 19 hours but most of the last 2 hours i played death metal on max volume to stay awake. Could do that up to 26 hours xD

That would be a hell of a road trip :)
For us it would be great, two drivers ,and share fuel expenses ...
Maybe we need to start a woting : where , when , who ? So everybody have plenty of time to plan ?

Tbh, I don't think it's a good idea...it never works, in the end there's two people who drove 1000 miles to meet a bunch of others and they get disappointed there's only one other... in the end it's just two bitter people hating the rest who had something interfering...

Users who are viewing this thread