Some Good News!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
i just nearly peed myself because i imagine both are using the SUAV and killing each other lol

lol Isobel can’t see the point of BF so I don’t see that happening. She is more PlayStation fantasy stuff flinging spells around!

It will definitely be good for her. Already planning for cats and a dog.

Peace of mind – that is what I wish Isobel with all my heart.
Being an inveterate bookworm myself, I hope that she will find the time now to read one good book after another. (y)
All the best to both of you! :)

Peace of mind – that is what I wish Isobel with all my heart.
Being an inveterate bookworm myself, I hope that she will find the time now to read one good book after another. (y)
All the best to both of you! :)

Thank you and the comments from others too.

One book after another? She already has 3 or 4 at the same time she is reading. :)

It will do her good to have the time to do things she has wanted to that never gets around to. And it will be good for her to lose the pressures at work too, she is too conscientious for her own good.

All the best wishes to you and Isobel during this period of adjustment.

Being a person who has seen a few redundancies I'm hoping she finds a sense of renewal and fresh energy.
I know a couple of instances where I've genuinely breathed a sigh of relief when a job has ended, as I left the building.

New horizons beckon I reckon! (y)

I should write greetings cards... new career.. again! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
All the best wishes to you and Isobel during this period of adjustment.

Being a person who has seen a few redundancies I'm hoping she finds a sense of renewal and fresh energy.
I know a couple of instances where I've genuinely breathed a sigh of relief when a job has ended, as I left the building.

New horizons beckon I reckon! (y)

I should write greetings cards... new career.. again! :rolleyes:

Thanks! :)

When I worked for Coca-Cola as a field chemist <insert joke> we told that there was a staff meeting. They then revealed a new structure for the department and at the very beginning said if your name isn't on the organisation chart you are being made redundant! Had to sit there for another 90 minutes whilst those staying got told what they would be doing. Another department there were told could you come in at 07:00 one day (normal start was 09:00). On their desks was a redundancy letter and a plastic bag for them to put their stuff in and were told to go by 08:00 (to not upset other people). They were bastards.

I went through 4 redundancies in 4 years and would have been doing a job that I really wasn't suitable or trained for so decided to bale. Never regretted it either. The company I worked for were very supportive to everyone (those leaving and those staying) during the process. A complete contrast to the company Iz works for. They couldn't even tell them in person it was done over a conference call. Her manager, who will be doing home work and retains her job has not said anything to those leaving except how inconvenient it is. Maybe something will come up that she would like to do.

She has been there for 25+ years so it will be a big change. She isn't someone who can sit and do nothing but I hope she takes so time to do things she has wanted to do for ages but also doesn't try to do them all at once! We are lucky that money isn't an immediate or even longer term issue. We may not be able to do as many holidays as we have done but as long as she gets more relaxed then the stress she currently has then that will be for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread