some changes will come

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
the "news" about closing the BF2 server were seen by some of you but thats not the only changes we will do in near future. we talked and decided this in our clan member area. so we would like to inform also our regular player about this changes and why we need to do this. for that reason i post the basic argument here too and hope that we will get your future support also.

time for changes...Most of you know we bought our own dedicated server from our hoster gamingdeluxe some years ago to host our own games and website. This was in time we all playing BF2, BC2 and also BF3. So it was a lot cheaper to had running this games on our own dedicated server as rent a game server for each game but time goes by and also the bad news comes that Gaming Deluxe is no official EA hoster so we can´t run BF4 on our own server. In the beginning of BF4 we always had the hope that EA will expand the list of the official EA hoster and gamingdeluxe will be one of them. Seriously we are at the point now we can say this will not happen anymore.

Also with the gamespy shut off and the corresponding collapse of bf2, we have a totally new situation now. Sadly some of the old BF2 guys can´t play it anymore or move on to other games. However, it turns out that the good old BF2 No Fly server is nearly empty every day and it looks like BF2 is really dead now.

Of course we also lost the donations for the BF2 server because who should donate if nobody play it anymore? Nevertheless we need this donations because our monthly costs are the same, no matter if the server is used or not, you can notice into the donations that we going to struggle each month more and more.

So we thinking about to make a "big cut" and downgrade our setup back to basics to bring back our monthly cost to a more reasonable amount.

This is the setup we are running at the moment:

1. BF2 no fly is nearly empty every day. its a shame about our glorious no fly but at this point bf2 is dead.
2. BF2 coop server is not used.
3. BC2 server is also only used from time to time and mostly from not NRU guys.
4. BF3 flying server
5. BF3 24/7 caspian server
6. BF3 something server
7. BF4 server ( slots decreased to 24 nets paying period )
8. TS3 server

Our monthly costs are all in all nearly £140

And this is the setup we would like to go:

1. 1x BF3 server 48 slots ( with all maps and running votemaps ); £42.72/month
2. 1x BF4 server 24 slots. we still reduced the slots from 48 to 24 to save money ( with all maps and running votemaps ); £21.60/month
3. 1x TS3 server with 25 slots; £5.10/month
4. Webpage hosted externally; around £40/year

So overall we should end up around £75 a month for this setup and so we could nearly halve our monthly costs. This also means we can handle this amount of costs with no big risk if the regular paying/playing members still donate their £5-10 each month than we have no big problem to reach this £75.

Gaming Deluxe will repurchase our old server and offer us £200 for that, so this means they will count it into our future monthly fee.

But you have to recognize get rid of our dedi server and also get rid of our big amount of monthly costs still means we will not have a BF2 or a BC2 server anymore. this should be clear for all because we can not rent a game server for that it is only used at 1 or 2 days a month by 3-4 members because the proportionality is not given for that. Just for BF2 its a hard decision because that is the basic we all come from.

At the same time this decisive point also means we are better prepared for the future because we have free money capacity for other games. I guess, with our actual cost we have no chance to run a coming BF5 server because we would have to pay this too and than we would reach nearly £200 monthly costs and to be honest, this is a point you have to say this is not realistic anymore.

If we downgrade our setup we can talk about running new games/rent a server at every time because we have more manageable costs. Also we hope that this focusing on just 1 BF3 and 1 BF4 server bring back some more unity because its even more probably that we play together on our server.

Odp: some changes will come

We can take the special time and day to play in bf2 becouse like you say it is a shame of serv. bf2 no fly :(
I am come now from job in Nederland and finally can play in bf2 but no one is there so i must buy new pc and install bf4 to play with you guys :)

Bless

Re: Odp: some changes will come

We can take the special time and day to play in bf2 becouse like you say it is a shame of serv. bf2 no fly :(
I am come now from job in Nederland and finally can play in bf2 but no one is there so i must buy new pc and install bf4 to play with you guys :)

Bless

come on BF2 mate you can usually find me on the one of the three most crouded servers XD

I understand it all cost a lot of money,and u must do the best for the server to keep it running with the populairest games

dont know who's playing still bf2 on other server when no-fly is ended,i still play bf2 when i can
when im playing on other servers i will stil wear the NRU-tags...

But i've the bf3 free-download so i can hop in there to,the playtime is only the problem

Thanks anyway for the big fun at no-fly

Bless

come on BF2 mate you can usually find me on the one of the three most crouded servers XD

wich 3 servers are u playing than mr Fortuna....i will put them on my favoritelist to see or u are playing so i can visit u there

Odp: some changes will come

I play 62TOF server. Good people and who always play

I understand it all cost a lot of money,and u must do the best for the server to keep it running with the populairest games

dont know who's playing still bf2 on other server when no-fly is ended,i still play bf2 when i can
when im playing on other servers i will stil wear the NRU-tags...

But i've the bf3 free-download so i can hop in there to,the playtime is only the problem

Thanks anyway for the big fun at no-fly

i do mr prooi :) whenever you join BF2 after our server has closed, look at each of the three most crouded servers in the list, if im playing i will be on one of those three, btw i was wondering, can we keep the BF2 No fly Channel so people can see whos playing BF2 ? when theyr playing ? makes it a bit easier to keep track of peopl whos currently playing it

Bless

wich 3 servers are u playing than mr Fortuna....i will put them on my favoritelist to see or u are playing so i can visit u there

just whatever top 3 is on the server list when you start the game mate :)
otherwise my main fav server is NRNS :)

Bless

alright done some checking and the ones youll find me on will be eighter:
1. NRNS
2. XTL Fair Chaos
or 3. 2F4Y

And i will retain my Ominous tags XD so in the times that comes youll still be finding =NRU= members on BF2 ;-)

also if the heeds let me keep the BF2 channel i will be on TS :p

so look for =NRU=Fortuna_Magica out there ready to plunge his balls onto your face in the name of Noble t-bagging and =NRU= SPirit ;-) XD

Users who are viewing this thread