Site Update

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
samoz83

samoz83

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
London, UK
Just a heads up, some point in the holiday time I will be upgrading the site to the latest version (as Xenforo 1 is going out of support). The look should stay pretty much the same but with new functionality and better support for mobile devices etc. I'll keep downtime to a minimum, though this upgrade does include upgrading PHP and the database. There will be a temporary page with the server stats on during the downtime :)

Last edited:
Jezz what happend to the site? Can't even find the Chat.

Okay, so everything should be faster, especially on mobile. There's emoji and Gravtar support, and a lot more support for mobile browsers.
There's a new theme which can be selected at the bottom of the page, it's a lot more bland but faster and I think slightly easier to use on mobile.

Reactions: Redd Tedd
Site updated again, some new stuff:
  • Native push notifications on supported devices/browsers
  • Editor button management
  • Enhanced editor integration and advanced BB code option syntax
  • Markdown support
  • Tables
  • Reactions
  • URL unfurling
  • Emoji enhancements including an improved smilie menu with easy emoji access
  • Video uploads
  • Guest performance improvements including guest page caching
  • Content bookmarking and sharing
  • BB code and rich text editing for profile posts and comments

Reactions: lakaelo
Sam if you get some time I have a request
On the home page we have our two servers with online players and top ten players, above each of the server lists we have =NRU= Gentleman's T-Bag Club..
Is it possible to lose the two dots at the end and a gap put in and then a number 1 or 2 to look like this =NRU= Gentleman's T-Bag Club 1 and 2 ;)(y)

Sam if you get some time I have a request
On the home page we have our two servers with online players and top ten players, above each of the server lists we have =NRU= Gentleman's T-Bag Club..
Is it possible to lose the two dots at the end and a gap put in and then a number 1 or 2 to look like this =NRU= Gentleman's T-Bag Club 1 and 2;)(y)
I'll see if it's possible

• Wow
Reactions: lakaelo
New theme, should feel slightly more "modern" also should be faster as well. Was going to remove the changing backgrounds, but wasn't sure if they brought some life to the page than just a grey background 😂

Last edited:
Can we get some color to unread threads on the front page? Currently they're just with bold titles, they used to be blue, didn't they?

These few new wallpapers in the background reminds me something... :unsure: <3

I also have a lot of nice one from BF1 if you want more @samoz83

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread