Show your first car or motobike

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Got a call from the dealers, owner not selling, giving/selling to brother ???
is this normal in "NON-EU" lol that car dealer selling cars from private?? that is only a excuse for scrap cars for lowest budget here in germany. this way the dealer trying to avoid the 1 year warranty they have to give even for such old, cheap and partly crap cars. for that they telling you they only selling the car "on behalf" of the owner and because of that its a private deal without any warranty.

but for cars on that level you will buy, there is no "privat market" from a dealer. either really buying from a privat owner or completely from a dealer with all warranty stuff and so on...

I'd never do that. It's what backyard salesmen do.

Reactions: lakaelo
My dream cars, given that money was no object...

Original Audi Quattro
Focus RS
Jaguar F-Type R

you made me think, but honestly I don't even have a dream car list anymore. Guess I grew out of cars at all...

But if money was no object, perhaps I'd give a place in the garage for these three... an Aston Martin DB11 (guess brown in colour), a Bentley Bentayga (Dark blue with light interior) and last but not leaste a proper LR Defender 110...

So I'd have a car for long journeys...a comfy car to get about in the villagey country I live in and a proper offroader for when the other two get stuck.

you made me think, but honestly I don't even have a dream car list anymore.
...for me it is some of this campervans in 630 length, one of my dreamcar. will have a look at some of them after corona is gone. :D
for example. there are other nice brands too. :D

Reactions: HippY and dcyper
...for me it is some of this campervans in 630 length, one of my dreamcar. will have a look at some of them after corona is gone. :D
for the price of that, you're probably going to be better off just going where you want by plane and staying in a nice hotel, mate.

for the price of that, you're probably going to be better off just going where you want by plane and staying in a nice hotel, mate.
only on the first view :D and not when you like to see different spots or just like to make a lot of short trips over the weekend. not saying that its hard to travel by plane with the dogs.

its simple to calculate. a rental house for a week is around 1000.- €, a hotel room for 2 is a round 300-400.- € a weekend ( not always possible with all dogs because they are limited )

so this thing would cost me around 4-5.000.- € a year. this means, when i use it for just 2x 2 weeks trips, i am just at 4.000.- €. + with the possibility for any short trips at the weekend, i guess there will be more than 10, its even more usefull :D

Reactions: StrrawberryA
Nah mate, just can't agree with that. This is my kind of favourite car too. You just can't get everywhere by a plane and you can't sleep wherever you want. By booking a hotel you stay fixed too it etc. This type of car is just freedom for me.

Reactions: lakaelo
Riz I’ve had a 2L Capri and a yellow tr7
Capris were nice cars, drove a 3L and a 1.6L but never the 2.8i or 2L. The 3L was nice but liked a drink, the 1.6 the back was too light and kept pulling out.The TR7 always looked to me like a kit car, his was green with the normal black plastic bits. In the end he paid somebody to get rid of it. They stripped the inside, number plates and ground down some of the numbers, but left the tax disc in it 😂. Some days later the old bill was knocking on his door, "We found your car":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. The insurance still paid out.

Stuff like Lambos and the like are affordable(ish) to buy (as long as your other kidney works OK when you have sold the other one) but running them is where the real costs start. On a Ferrari you have to (supposed to) change all the tyres at the same time ££££££

To be honest I would be happy with a new Duster as it is comfortable for long runs (no back ache) has decent storage space and reasonable fuel consumption. Still surprised companies don't do economy versions of cars. Maybe not the rubber mats that Ford used to do but something that is functional - a bit like some of the Japanese cars or the Soul.

Triumph were selling off the rally TR8s at one point and you could get them really cheap with a heap of spares.

Remember being in Vegas and they were advertising new F150 for about $6k. Plus £1k for shipping and taxes here it was a lot of car for less than £10k Wife Acceptance Factor was 0%

F250 7.3l are about $75k :oops:

It was not easy to reconize my realy first Car, but i think i am near on the truth.
IMG 20191107 WA0007 20210222 132034
Or Maybe a Bobbycar, not shure...in red.
appearience in order:

Audi 80 CD (1997)
20210222 132007
Opel Cadet Diesel (no picture found)

BMW E36 328i (98)
20210222 133132

BMW X5 (2007) - does not find a original picture, so this is a picture from internet, captured picture similiar to my old Car.

Some small Italy Car -Fiat Grande Punto (now drives my Girlfriend the Fiat) (sience 2009) behind the white one (The 911 was areplacement car for a week) 😅

and at last my actual small one (2015)

Last edited:
Today Im at a very low point in my life. The love of my life left me last night, divorce papers signed and she drove away from me for the last time, after so many happy years together :cry:.
NO not the wife, Im still stuck with her, my beloved car, my astra has gone to my grandson.
My next 4 wheel mistress is due to arrive today (allegedly). Got pics but not posting them yet, knowing my recent luck, it will fall off the transporter and end up in a ditch somewhere.

Today Im at a very low point in my life. The love of my life left me last night, divorce papers signed and she drove away from me for the last time, after so many happy years together :cry:.
NO not the wife, Im still stuck with her, my beloved car, my astra has gone to my grandson.
My next 4 wheel mistress is due to arrive today (allegedly). Got pics but not posting them yet, knowing my recent luck, it will fall off the transporter and end up in a ditch somewhere.
I hope it goes well with your new one... except a Tesla ... this Tesla shit should burn :ROFLMAO::tbag:

Reactions: glenwilson
i watched this yesterday and was only thinking how sad it is to waste and crash such nice cars.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reminds me of Nick Mason talking about racing his Ferrari 250 GTO. Basically it is only a car and it can be rebuilt. Still sad to see that happen though.

FORD FIESTA 00 The 1st car I owned was one similar to this back in 1998... an old 1989 Ford Fiesta 1.8 Diesel. It had a top speed of 92mph and I blew it up going up the High Wycombe Hill on the M40! Was doing 89mph in the fast lane with no issues, but got closed down by a BMW and a Jag having a race. Couldn't pull in due to other traffic, so put my foot down flat... I got it up to 98mph, then they (and everyone else) backed off. I was spewing diesel everywhere!!! It then began to lose power and eventually came to a smokey, smelly stop and was dead. lol!!! :ROFLMAO:

Got it yesterday, still trying to get used to it, feels too sophisticated and quiet and lacks that "Grrr" I used to get from my old girl 😂.
On paper it is supposed to be better, performance wise 7.3s 0-60mph top 146mph compared to 8.0s 0-60mph and 130mph.
The old girl had 10 switchable maps
1-4 (detune) you could let your granny drive it.
5 - Standard car specs
6 - Slight performance boost + fuel economy
7 - All round sweet spot good performance + 20% fuel saving
8 - If you wanted to race
9 - Loony mode, felt like it wants to pick a fight with everyone (clutch/gearbox wrecker)
10 - Unusable, mad but used to trip limp mode after a minute or two.
But its gone :cry:
Grow up you old BoyRacer and get used to it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Looked all round and could not find a single mark on the new one, inside and out, immaculate.
Here's a couple of pics (y)

Last edited:
Got it yesterday, still trying to get used to it, feels too sophisticated and quiet and lacks that "Grrr" I used to get from my old girl 😂.
On paper it is supposed to be better, performance wise 7.3s 0-60mph top 146mph compared to 8.0s 0-60mph and 130mph.
The old girl had 10 switchable maps
1-4 (detune) you could let your granny drive it.
5 - Standard car specs
6 - Slight performance boost + fuel economy
7 - All round sweet spot good performance + 20% fuel saving
8 - If you wanted to race
9 - Loony mode, felt like it wants to pick a fight with everyone (clutch/gearbox wrecker)
10 - Unusable, mad but used to trip limp mode after a minute or two.
But its gone :cry:
Grow up you old BoyRacer and get used to it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
Looked all round and could not find a single mark on the new one, inside and out, immaculate.
Here's a couple of pics (y)
View attachment 9722
View attachment 9723
View attachment 9724
View attachment 9726
I would sent it back. Your steering wheel is on the wrong side 🤪

Users who are viewing this thread