Server Connection Issues.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
At the moment there appears to be something happening that causes the server to drop from Battlelog and become unavailable. When this happens the server is still running and can be accessed through the hoster’s server administration page and shows the server to still be running. The server can also be accessed through ProCon via a PC or tablet application and shows that through this way the server is still running.

This post/thread is NOT to discuss the issue but could you log the date and time any of you experience the problem. If someone has already logged the date and time it occured just like their post.

I will delete or edit any discussion type posts only to keep the thread on-topic and to make any times and dates easier to see. That is NOT because we want to stifle or inhibit discussion about this I want to make that clear.

We need to determine if there are specific times it happens to check against other events in the logs. This will help to determine if it was a plug-in or something else causing the problem. We could chnage the hoster but find it still happens because the cause was a plug-in. I know this may not help in the short term but unless we rule things out we won’t be able to find the problem and solution. I have experience in developing mainframe systems and testing and data is important.

Thanks.

Server is down 17.3.2018 16:40

Thanks for the info. Please continue to make a note.

Not been at home so unable to do much to check but the uptime on each occasion shows that the server itself is still up and functioning.

Highs in the chat: 20:32 Server down

must be a other thing as "normal" server is still in battlelog and you can join
Sry didnt know much about the hole server thing but got thrown off and could not join again for some minutes
--- Post updated ---
Sry didnt know much about the hole server thing but got thrown off and could not join again for some minutes
Could also be a problem on my end need to take a look

14:48 Today (21/3)

Was on the server by myself doing some 'gardening'.

Then lost connection with the server and it disappeared from Battlelog. ProCon and 4NetPlayers both show the server as up.

ProCon chat showing this:
[14:47:17] llamaontheloose [Suicide] llamaontheloose
[14:48:28] llamaontheloose has disconnected from the server..

I waited for a little time but then restarted the server to see if there was anything in the logs (only accessible when server has been stopped/started) to show a problem.

Logs show what happened around that time so we can see if there is anything specific going on.

Last edited:
Is this running without any plugins basically? (Especially ones using databases?)

Quick update. We are currently looking at when the events occur and what is happening in the logs at that time. There are a few things happening when players get kicked off the server and we are submitting queries to the provider and will hopefully get to the bottom of the cause and find a solution to this soon.

Update (Sunday):

Just to reiterate, the server user drop issue is being investigated. We are tring things to determine if the cause is ad-ins, database, the server itself and so on. This does take a little time as there isn’t a test server we can try things on.

Last edited:
Monday log, stardate 23134.2

Apparently there is some tech stuff being done with some database thingy that looks like a collection or random letters at the moment which could well be Klingon. It could be a solution to the disconection issue but we will need to see.

Users who are viewing this thread