SEK's BBQ today

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mr.X

Mr.X

NRU Member
5 Feb 2013
Germany
Had a BBQ today, my first roasts in the Smoker, a pork-filet and a pork-ham roast with two different marinades (And no its not charred, it has to look like this). Was alot of work but was worth, great taste and aroma. :popcorn:

Attachments

• Schweinefilet (2).jpg
    Schweinefilet (2).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Virginia Schinken (4).jpg
    Virginia Schinken (4).jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Had a BBQ today, my first roasts in the Smoker, a pork-filet and a pork-ham roast with two different marinades . Was alot of work but was worth, great taste and aroma. :popcorn:

yummy, Looks stunning. Hope the weather was Fitting as well ?!

When i see this.....i only have to say germans have a big mouth....very big

looks brilliant. how long it take in the smoker? heard about it takes hours or not?
depends on how big the roasts are, these medium-sized were around 4hours in the Smoker, bigger roasts easy 6 hours.
But thats a taste and aroma you don't get with any other method.

Must take ages if you have more than one person to feed. They are for an individual right? Looks delicious. A loaf sliced in half, that in between and sandwich is made.

Must take ages if you have more than one person to feed. They are for an individual right? Looks delicious. A loaf sliced in half, that in between and sandwich is made.
No Glen that were 4 kilogram meat, so we could feed more than 1 person :)

Looks great ! but you have to start early to be ready for dinner, what time did you say we were welcome ? :)

This wouldn't happen to be near Rostock would it ;-)
I'll be camped out here all week for work, so a nice bite of home smoked ham would be lovely!!!

Re : SEK's BBQ today

BBQ topic !
After SEK's meat, sea fruits and mussels (not Fräuleins' one !) !

Here is a local method (from Charente-Maritime, around La Rochelle) to cook those shells, called églade or éclade :
IMG 0239 IMG 0241 IMG 0251 IMG 0255

You first need a brut wooden board. Then, the most difficult and the longest (~45mn), place each mussel, one by one, starting from the middle of the board, with their opening side towards the board, in order to prevent ashes to fall inside the shell. You can hammer some nails for the beginning.
Then, recover them with 10cm height of pine needles. FIRE ! (~5mn !)
Plan paper napkins because the shells are now losing their black color !
Should be disgusted with slices of bread and salted butter and white or rosé wine !

Mmmm......I like abit of ham and also partial to some mussels. But which is better ? Charred Sek or Charred Spliffy :???:

Mmmm......I like abit of ham and also partial to some mussels. But which is better ? Charred Sek or Charred Spliffy :???:

Only way to find out is that they have to invite us all and we will make a vote afterwards is that a plan ?

Users who are viewing this thread