[BF4] Report - vRaiizn

• Thread starter Serialkillerz82
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Serialkillerz82

Serialkillerz82

8 May 2020
Hi guys I did request an admin but no one responded.

I just want to report user: vRaiizn for using bad language but also using the work 'Fag' which I find very offensive.

Thanks

Hey Serialkillerz82,

Respect is a very important notion on our server. Yep I saw that message, I @warned him for his behavior in the chat (because always moaning and being disrespectful) and he left. We will keep an eye on him and sanctions will increase if he keeps going on this way. ;)

PS : Sorry if I didn't answer you in the in-game chat, was too busy with these redzone campers but I kept you in mind. (y)

Last edited:
Serialkillerz82, usually we do have folk monitoring what is going on but there are times that we miss things (I had to do housework today :D) so thanks for raising the issue. The language filter will flag that word and issue a warning and if it happens again the action taken will increase. I have had a look through the comments and there is a fair bit of abuse coming from them so I have given them a 1 month ban to see if that has any effect (which I doubt).

We try and make the server somewhere to have fun without that sort of abuse. That doesn't mean you can't make any comments and we watch for context too and will clear any warnings that we see are misplaced.

Thanks again for raising the issue.

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

Hi Glen, no I understand some swearing but that word is nasty & then he went on to abuse me. Thanks again for the help.

Apologies to Lord_B before adding the t-ban, I should have asked didn't mean to make it looked like I disagreed with their actions.

We do have discussions about certain words. From a British point of view a fag is a cigarette and if you go to a posh school being a fag if someone from a lower year who does tasks for a more senior student. So someone could innocently say "Just going for a fag (cigarette)" so context is quite important. The filter can do some things but isn't perfect. For example the language filter banned someone for using snigger (as in laugh) so it is far from perfect.

Certainly the action that Lord_B took is in line with what everyone else probably would do and I only added the t-ban after checking their chat log entries. You don't always get a chance if you are playing to do that. As a general rule if an admin finds something offensive and takes action then that is OK with the rest of us.

Speaking personally as a straight male I don't know how offensive it is if I was gay. It is offensive enough to go on the bad words list. I am not making any assumptions about why you find it offensive enough to report, that is irrelevant. I will start a discussion about that word to see if the initial action taken automatically needs to be firmer.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi Glen, in the uk the term 'faggot' is a nasty referral to a gay person. When vRiizn used it, they shorted it saying 'Fag' in the uk this is very offensive to the gay community. I just know this is one of the best servers I play on & people like this are awful. I understand swearing when being angry but this is no different from a racist comment. Thank you for taking action.

We genuinely don't care what colour, religion, nationality, race, sexuality, gender etc. our members or the players on the server are. We do care about making it a place to have fun and not having to deal with abusive comments. We want it to be a place to have fun.

I have started a discussion about this to see if there is a way of automatically deal with comments you refer to or at least set a response for admins to take.

Context is the operative word for cases like this and we do check logs regularly. I take greater offence at "faggot" than "fag" as the latter is a word I use regularly for cigarette. I have no doubt that 99.9% of the times "fag" is used, it is as an insult but we try our best to deal with this stuff and we will act accordingly.

Reactions: glenwilson

Users who are viewing this thread