Recording your game activity

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
How do you record your BF4 exploits.

Me...

I just use G-force experience and have an old SSD as temporary storage when recording. The use movie maker for quick edits or Final Cut Pro for more complex stuff. My monitor is only 60hz refresh but 21:9 aspect and that seems to work ok.

Reactions: SoulsEater
Like some other new to the recording topic, currently using:
G-force experience for recording and storing it on the 4TB HDD inside my gaming desktop (same HDD stores the game library)
Software, still trying to figure out an easy program

This is a good topic because i started to learn make videos. :)
I just made my first test video. I captured it with G-force experience and used shotcut editor (it came first in google search xD). Lots to learn cause the quality is bad and the movement seem wonky to me. Here is the test video. Dont judge my bad playstyle! ;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also use GeForce Experience, records to a 2TB HDD. I need to empty my Shadowplay folder again, its over 500GB at this point :LOL:

I edit with Sony Vegas Pro 14, got it for cheap on Humble Bundle some years ago. It's old but still works great, it can do waaaaay more than i use it for.

Do you use instant replay or keep recording always on with G-force experience?

my preferred software for recording is OBS. Never really got into using geforce experience.

I usually only record when either spectating somebody suss or like when I knew my 10k suav kill was coming up. Current PC is OK but not great for playing and recording at the same time. Maybe need to try instant replay.

I suppose it depends on recording at native screen display and downscaling if necessary is more efficient than downscaling at recording time.

This is a good topic because i started to learn make videos. :)
I just made my first test video. I captured it with G-force experience and used shotcut editor (it came first in google search xD). Lots to learn cause the quality is bad and the movement seem wonky to me. Here is the test video. Dont judge my bad playstyle! ;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is it just me or is that a really awkward Field Of View? The rooms around B look larger in your game than in mine :D

Is it just me or is that a really awkward Field Of View? The rooms around B look larger in your game than in mine :D
I use 86 (Hor+ 102) FOV at the moment. Im a former console player and u cant change it on consoles so im still trying to find the best setting for me on pc.

Like many people I also use nvidia geforce experience but only the instant replay just to keep the moments that I find interesting
For my setting, the instant replay takes the last two minutes
To have a better quality I use the "custom" quality with as resolution "2160p 4K" at 60fps, if you don't have this resolution nvidia will record in the resolution of your screen but it's important to choose this resolution for the next step
And finally for the rate I am in 130 Mbps (if you haven't selected "2160p 4k" you won't be able to exceed 50 Mbps)

With these settings it makes me files of 2Go for 2 minutes so if you want to record complete games with these parameters you need a lot of storage ^^

For the sound nvidia records the system sound (so if you are in vocal the sound of the others will be recorded) for your own voice I advise you to separate the audio tracks (your voice + its system) and to record your voice with another software like audacity, I find that Nvidia has a bad quality on my PC but it's only if you want to record complete games, just for the instant replay there's no need to bother with any other software in my opinion.

ps : it's important to note that even if with these settings you have a nice result, don't forget that youtube compresses the videos and therefore there will be a slight loss of quality
pss : I record on an SSD

Like many people I also use nvidia geforce experience but only the instant replay just to keep the moments that I find interesting
For my setting, the instant replay takes the last two minutes
To have a better quality I use the "custom" quality with as resolution "2160p 4K" at 60fps, if you don't have this resolution nvidia will record in the resolution of your screen but it's important to choose this resolution for the next step
And finally for the rate I am in 130 Mbps (if you haven't selected "2160p 4k" you won't be able to exceed 50 Mbps)

With these settings it makes me files of 2Go for 2 minutes so if you want to record complete games with these parameters you need a lot of storage ^^
View attachment 9167

For the sound nvidia records the system sound (so if you are in vocal the sound of the others will be recorded) for your own voice I advise you to separate the audio tracks (your voice + its system) and to record your voice with another software like audacity, I find that Nvidia has a bad quality on my PC but it's only if you want to record complete games, just for the instant replay there's no need to bother with any other software in my opinion.
View attachment 9166

ps : it's important to note that even if with these settings you have a nice result, don't forget that youtube compresses the videos and therefore there will be a slight loss of quality
pss : I record on an SSD
Thanks for the advise! I will try those settings.

Users who are viewing this thread