Ramming And Farming

• Thread starter tousledmonkey31
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What would you do with Ramming?

• Ramming for president!

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • @ban Ramming because you suck!

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
tousledmonkey31

tousledmonkey31

NRU Member
3 Jun 2013
Bonn, Germany
Hey folks,

I recently noticed that we have many regular players and some clans that kick the ass out of the team balance. Having a lot of people moan "nice balance" is not the work of autobalance I think, but farming clans (I admit they just play well) supported by unstoppable choppers (see at dawnbreaker).

This is a bit contrary to a noob friendly server, but of course our regulars are who we depend on and its a lot of fun to play with them too (at some points).

What bothers me more is the constant ramming on vehicle maps, I just mention Excelraiter who is not only repeatedly and exhaustingly shoving his jets into everything he can't shoot, but then also mocks everyone who complains and is generally a pain in the ass, but rages around about stingers once he has a heli himself. Ramming has become an extra weapon, and sometimes I (and others) change servers because it is just no fun to play.

What do you think?

lol yes, excel if you read that. sometime you are a little moaning pussy :D

well, honestly, i have never ever any problems with ramming. ok, could be because i am not really often a pilot. what i really will prevent is a rule like "no ramming" or something else. i know where this will end from the experience at the BF2 server. there we had a lot of bans and kicks for, in my eyes, insignificant, rulesbreaking like bunnyhopping or somethings else. i always prefer to talk about that problem with the player and i will do that to excel. that no big thing and should be no problem.

I recently noticed that we have many regular players and some clans that kick the ass out of the team balance. Having a lot of people moan "nice balance" is not the work of autobalance I think, but farming clans (I admit they just play well) supported by unstoppable choppers (see at dawnbreaker).

this is a bit difficult because it goes in different directions to explain or solve.....

first the technical problem. we using the multibalancer BF4, BF3 MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL because the built in one is just crap. you can setup this balancer in different ways. one of them is to setup the "harshness" of the balancing. if it runs in "normal" the balancer will not swap top scorers and not split up "same clan tags in same squad". one of the other mode is the "agressive" mode. that means also topscorer will swap and also same clan tag in a squad will be split.
if i am online i try to switch this settings in that moment i think the rounds getting to unbalanced. but this is only working in the server console by changing the settings.
so in normal mode you have mostly no problems because clan player can nicely play together and have some nice rounds. also the topplayer will not swap to the other site after doing a lot of points for there team. on the other hand it will going to be a bit unbalance when you have 1 or 2 "clan squads" on one site and nobody will get balanced.

if it runs in agressive mode you will have the problem that it is annoying for that player who will play with there mates in a squad and the balancer is split them apart. ony the other hand, you will get a better balance.

so you can see, no matter how you set it up. one site will always moan lol

but seriously, team balance is a problem since i play this game and we all have to accept that this game will never be balanced in a perfect way. not only with some regular clans even with some of our own player. just thinking at brucewilli, the old tankwhore, if he is in a tank he will also dominate this site.

i guess we all have to accept that we have some nice rounds, same way as we have some shitty rounds. but we can not doing it right for everyone and always.

farming....ok, sometimes we have some player doing such good rounds in there vehicles. but what will you do? kick them? and how this will end because the player who are noobs actual will getting better and than? also kick them from server?
i think "noob friendly server" is not defined as there are no skilled player at all. we try to be nice and helping just the new player to learn the game and give them a nice server to play at. not to be save for every kills. i think we have a good balance between new player and skilled ones most of the time.

with the KD limiter we have a nice tool to lock out the real skilled player ( vehicle whores ) but we can not lock out skilled player in a more strikt way.

Last edited:
I have unintentionally rammed a player that is virtually invincible. :whistle: On maps with no AA helis can be a real pain. Flares etc regenerate so fast they are hard to defeat with stingers and AA mines which gets frustrating.

Yesterday I was on the server with a, er, tank expert. Despite best efforts I was soon 0:13. Have to admit I left so trying to start the server failed.

Some players do seem to ignore that people are getting upset by their expertise particularly in vehicles. I'm quite good with a SUAV but that does compare to vehicle guys.

You can also see the effect in the way maps are voted for with IO maps getting quite a few votes. The k/d limit is one solution but player awareness is better solution.

Banning ramming would be impossible to administer unless an admin was the one rammed. I've accidentally rammed players because we both went the same way to avoid contact.

If you are already lvl140 farming seems a bit pointless apart from being a bit of an arse. Some players need educating but will not heed any comments.

Reactions: tousledmonkey31
I see the point in ramming. No, you're right, a rule would be impossible to put through. Also, I agree with you laka on the noob friendly definition, skilled players are the base of our server. I don't cry around, admin killing people that are better than me, but being more flexible on the punishments without being a admin-rule breaker would be nice. Some rounds there is a lvl140 row from 1st to 6th place on the scoreboard and no matter how long the round is, a killcount near 100 is fun for that berserker player only.

P.S. I had my discussions with Excel but he seemed quite ignorant to my point ;)

Sometimes I ask some players to switch, but with all the onscreen messages they learned to ignore it ;)

Reactions: lakaelo
Sometimes I ask some players to switch, but with all the onscreen messages they learned to ignore it

on that point comes the bad site of admining a server. :D you can switch them yourself and earn some moaning about badminging lol. possibly ingame with !move ( after next dead ) or !fmove ( instantly ). i prefer to do it in console. if you need/will you can have console access too. this is helpfull in some ways and you also have a better overview about the player and its easier for a short check if they are dodgy.

Probably the best way is to use the console to swap them as you can always blame autobalance (the same way as blaming the dog :) ). Also having console running in the background means that you can check chat too if you see a language warning. You can screen print or cut and paste if it warrants a ban.

We have to accept that some players are just complete dicks. A TDM server I play on has a player who moans and complains about everyone and accuses them of hacking when someone kills him. He was moaning about mortars but was using it himself. I had sniped him quite a few times and then got him with a pistol. I may also have SUAVed him a few times. OK, I admit it may have been 8 times! He was going ape and was accusing and being abusive. I try and not get involved but this time it annoyed me as he was like a kid having a tantrum. Also reported him on Battlelog for player abuse, racism (thought I was Russian nRU?) and homophobia.

lol yes, excel if you read that. sometime you are a little moaning pussy :D

well, honestly, i have never ever any problems with ramming. ok, could be because i am not really often a pilot. what i really will prevent is a rule like "no ramming" or something else. i know where this will end from the experience at the BF2 server. there we had a lot of bans and kicks for, in my eyes, insignificant, rulesbreaking like bunnyhopping or somethings else. i always prefer to talk about that problem with the player and i will do that to excel. that no big thing and should be no problem.

this is a bit difficult because it goes in different directions to explain or solve.....

first the technical problem. we using the multibalancer BF4, BF3 MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL because the built in one is just crap. you can setup this balancer in different ways. one of them is to setup the "harshness" of the balancing. if it runs in "normal" the balancer will not swap top scorers and not split up "same clan tags in same squad". one of the other mode is the "agressive" mode. that means also topscorer will swap and also same clan tag in a squad will be split.
if i am online i try to switch this settings in that moment i think the rounds getting to unbalanced. but this is only working in the server console by changing the settings.
so in normal mode you have mostly no problems because clan player can nicely play together and have some nice rounds. also the topplayer will not swap to the other site after doing a lot of points for there team. on the other hand it will going to be a bit unbalance when you have 1 or 2 "clan squads" on one site and nobody will get balanced.

if it runs in agressive mode you will have the problem that it is annoying for that player who will play with there mates in a squad and the balancer is split them apart. ony the other hand, you will get a better balance.

so you can see, no matter how you set it up. one site will always moan lol

but seriously, team balance is a problem since i play this game and we all have to accept that this game will never be balanced in a perfect way. not only with some regular clans even with some of our own player. just thinking at brucewilli, the old tankwhore, if he is in a tank he will also dominate this site.

i guess we all have to accept that we have some nice rounds, same way as we have some shitty rounds. but we can not doing it right for everyone and always.

farming....ok, sometimes we have some player doing such good rounds in there vehicles. but what will you do? kick them? and how this will end because the player who are noobs actual will getting better and than? also kick them from server?
i think "noob friendly server" is not defined as there are no skilled player at all. we try to be nice and helping just the new player to learn the game and give them a nice server to play at. not to be save for every kills. i think we have a good balance between new player and skilled ones most of the time.

with the KD limiter we have a nice tool to lock out the real skilled player ( vehicle whores ) but we can not lock out skilled player in a more strikt way.
kekek moaning pussy xDD. ok true with that and i look i will stop that ramming. but did you guys see? i stopped a long time this whining and raging :)
--- Post updated ---
I see the point in ramming. No, you're right, a rule would be impossible to put through. Also, I agree with you laka on the noob friendly definition, skilled players are the base of our server. I don't cry around, admin killing people that are better than me, but being more flexible on the punishments without being a admin-rule breaker would be nice. Some rounds there is a lvl140 row from 1st to 6th place on the scoreboard and no matter how long the round is, a killcount near 100 is fun for that berserker player only.

P.S. I had my discussions with Excel but he seemed quite ignorant to my point ;)

Sometimes I ask some players to switch, but with all the onscreen messages they learned to ignore it ;)
"tousled to excel. gettin rammed from NRU members. you want then a good reaction and a talking normal with me haha? but i will stop that ramming. but when admin is nervin about players and gettin mad because dieing to much from me. then stop beeing an admin. your reaction was rlly like a kid. yes! im not better
--- Post updated ---

"tousled to excel. gettin rammed from NRU members. you want then a good reaction and a talking normal with me haha? but i will stop that ramming. but when admin is nervin about players and gettin mad because dieing to much from me. then
--- Post updated ---
you make that topic because of the game match in Hangar 21? You raged i never wrote this time. you insultet me and wanna kick me because i "nerving" you. i never did anything on this time. i like this server rlly and YES, ramming is for stupid ppls. but when i see this 100/1 score players with heli and give no chance to the enemy team and nobody get brain for stinger or igla so i need to do that. when you wanna talk Lakaelo about this stuff. you can my Ts3 or i can join your Ts3 server and you tousled are invitet.

Reactions: lakaelo
when you wanna talk Lakaelo about this stuff. you can my Ts3 or i can join your Ts3 server and you tousled are invitet.

naa, its ok for me now. i think its important to talk about such "issues" so everybody who is involved into, know about that. in that case tousled and you can talk together into this thread and all is fine. you shall not merried together but play together with respect on a normal base because everyone of us have some good and some bad days where everyone is pissing you off.

i presume everyone don´t like this 100/1 scores and the easiest way is to talk in open chat to use igla and stingers to shot them down. this is how teamwork works in battlefield and you get this guys really out of the air. :D

This isn't directed against any players in particular on our server or any server it is just a general comment.

When playing on other servers you have to respect their rules and get to learn what is acceptable banter and what is over the line. I've never been good enough to go 100/1 against any players. However, when playing 1 on 1 against a lvl 1 whilst not giving them an easy target I wouldn't go full on Expendables.

When you are playing against genuinely good players you just have to accept that they are good and then plot their downfall (whilst secretly stroking a white cat and laughing maniacally). I would rather get killed a lot and then getting the satisfaction of getting the heli to tank down and enjoy that short lived moment. :)

There needs to be team work to get those aircraft and helis down. One guy firing a stinger and an AA mine isn't going to do it. You need a squad doing it and watching the flying pattern so you can ambush them when they run back to base or hide whilst regenerating. So often you just get players moaning about the heli rather than thinking how can I help get it down. Heli/jet pilots who "stinger noob" after being taken down don't help either. If you are flying are we meant to just try and snipe you? Of course not, we will use anything we can and derogatory comments don't help.

You can also learn from those players too by watching what they do and seeing what equipment setup they are using. Anything in the air though is different as that could depend on what joystick or hardware they are using to control the plane/heli. Sharing skills and tips is also a good way to pass on knowledge and experience and soften the kill.

"tousled to excel. gettin rammed from NRU members. you want then a good reaction and a talking normal with me haha? but i will stop that ramming. but when admin is nervin about players and gettin mad because dieing to much from me. then stop beeing an admin. your reaction was rlly like a kid. yes! im not better

Well no. I didn't get mad because I died from you. I got mad because I told you to stop ramming and you just tried to bullshit me about how I can't stop you because it's not a rule and you got rammed by NRU once. But I didn't open this topic because of that round, or because of you, you are just a good example of how ignorant players can be. Mentioning I had at least 5 rounds where I had to discuss with you why ramming is unfair bitch shit. Also, I remember kicking you for baserape and heli farming before, so don't tell me I am the kid here.

you make that topic because of the game match in Hangar 21? You raged i never wrote this time. you insultet me and wanna kick me because i "nerving" you. i never did anything on this time. i like this server rlly and YES, ramming is for stupid ppls. but when i see this 100/1 score players with heli and give no chance to the enemy team and nobody get brain for stinger or igla so i need to do that. when you wanna talk Lakaelo about this stuff. you can my Ts3 or i can join your Ts3 server and you tousled are invitet.

Says the one ALWAYS complaining about Stinger and Igla "noobs"?
If you say "Du gehst mir auf die Nerven" is an insult, maybe reconsider.
Sure I am always open for discussion. I just had the impression that you are not - given how you talked to me in the past.

[QUOTE="tousledmonkey31, post: 36386, member: 1949"

Says the one ALWAYS complaining about Stinger and Igla "noobs"?
If you say "Du gehst mir auf die Nerven" is an insult, maybe reconsider.
Sure I am always open for discussion. I just had the impression that you are not - given how you talked to me in the past.[/QUOTE]

ramming is noob, same as stinger and vehicle C4. but i can be mad? its legit? but no insulting. noob is not rlly an insult. mean more newbies and when i got always this stupid BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP on the hole match, then i get in rage as hell. i have not a problem with you, may hope you not with me. but there are some times im tired AF in the evening because i work from 6 AM to 5PM. because they are some players they only camping with stinger, over the hole match. i dont need a discussion while im playing a game. next time you can get on my ts3 or send me PN here on this site. but when i other ppls are ramming me with vehicle c4, then i should accept this as legit gameplay? some server are forbidden with this.

hmmm i do not remeber right why i stop playing Bf,ahhhhhhhh Yes thanks for reminding !
I`m with Monkey and Mr.X .
I will create a second Account with Nickname THE RAMMER ;)

hmmm i do not remeber right why i stop playing Bf,ahhhhhhhh Yes thanks for reminding !
I`m with Monkey and Mr.X .
I will create a second Account with Nickname THE RAMMER ;)

Los los, hol dir BF4 wenns jetzt nach BF1 für nen Appel und ein Ei angeboten wird :D

personally i dont like 100/1 kdr players cause 96 % of the time its because theyr spawn raping in choppers putting that aside, when i play against a lvl 1 in 1 vs 1 i usually go knife only to make it more fair i wish i had tousleds temper if hes truly been capable of not whining over air cunts, but i am WHO i am bad temper and what not it seems XD

personally i dont like 100/1 kdr players cause 96 % of the time its because theyr spawn raping in choppers putting that aside, when i play against a lvl 1 in 1 vs 1 i usually go knife only to make it more fair i wish i had tousleds temper if hes truly been capable of not whining over air cunts, but i am WHO i am bad temper and what not it seems XD

than you will even more ragequit in bf1 lol atm it is like spawn....run 10m...get killed....spawn...run nother direction 10m...got killed....spawn.... lol

seriously, bf4 server is running very well atm and with nice folk. sometimes some very good vehicle guys on there but not that it goes over the top.

than you will even more ragequit in bf1 lol atm it is like spawn....run 10m...get killed....spawn...run nother direction 10m...got killed....spawn.... lol

seriously, bf4 server is running very well atm and with nice folk. sometimes some very good vehicle guys on there but not that it goes over the top.
have to admit i havent experienced that mate :-/ are you sure you havent just been unlucky with your spawns, its a good idear not to spawn on your teammates, :p or NeXT to a tank, but you can spawn a bit back and get plenty of time to flank your opponent :p

Users who are viewing this thread