Racism acceptable server

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Thought I would have a quick TDM before starting on the chores. Went to the HAWK - TDM Zavod 311 and Golmud Railway as it was reasonably full. After a couple of minutes someone used the "n" word spelt the alternative way (ending a rather than er). I suggested that it was racist but then had a discussion about weather it was racist or not but it seems that it is acceptable to use that on there. The arguement was that it was OK because of the context. There wasn't any context as the word was used when the guy got killed. They just used n*. I then left.

Just surprised me the word was acceptable. I accept that there are different standards but if that is acceptable there I won't be going back.

HAWK - TDM Zavod and Golmud - Normal - 300 Tickets - Multiplayer - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Last edited:
Context? Which context?
A derogatory comment like this is not acceptable in ANY context.

Such rude and disrespectful remarks make me lose my faith in humanity, that’s why I am more than happy that this clan has established very high standards when it comes to race, national origin, beliefs, gender and ethnicity.

Many surveys show that high levels of prejudice nearly always coincide with low levels of education and poor abstract reasoning skills.
In my opinion, an exaggerated feeling of superiority and self-importance (which is nothing but a compensation for a distinctive inferiority complex), ignorance and a total lack of sensibility and empathy also correlate with any kind of subtle and overt racism (or any other form of discrimination).

You did the right thing, Glen, thank you.

Last edited:
Well put.

I was listening to Apple's Beats 1 'radio' station yesterday (well trendy eh!) and there was a surprising amount of use of the n word. As it was radio I have no idea what race or ethnicity the artists were. I could assume that they were people of ethnicity but have no way of knowing. It made me cringe and uncomfortable listening to it and I changed to something else. Based on that I can understand why some would think it is an acceptable word to use. However, I think most people would still find it offensive.

When I was at school (a long long time ago) the use of those words was common and not thought of as offence but we learn and change. When I started at Open University we had an hour lesson on what we were and were not allowed to say. You were not allowed to say "the Chinese/black/Asian person at the back othe room" which seems to be too politically correct. I couldn't see how that was any different from someone saying the tallest person in the room (me).

We have bird feeders and use niger seed for the goldfinches. The pronunciation for that is nyger but it surprising how many people try to pronounce it in a way that they wouldn't make a mistake. I mention that as an example of how offensive the n word is and the efforts most people go to avoid using it even by mistake.

at the last company I worked at one guy I worked with got an email with some jokes in. The jokes were racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-Semitic, plus quite a few other 'ist too. I said delete it and let his manager know to cover his back as it arrived unsolicited. He didn't, forwarded it to someone else and he lost his job. About five people also lost their jobs for forwarding it to others.

The seed and email above shows there are some fine lines to tread but something's are always offensive and shouldn't be tolerated and I also am proud of the standards we have here.

I suppose I should admit to one prejudice, Audi drivers! Had one to day that was a classic. His lane was right turn but decides to go straight on. Squeezes in front of me so I had to brake. Apparently an arrow pointing right (his lane) means go straight on. My lane which had a left/straight on arrow really means left only. We stopped at traffic lights where I may have car-maketially abused him. He then just drove through the red light.

I know that all Audi drives are not like that but Audi does seem to have more than their fair share.

I suppose I should admit to one prejudice, Audi drivers! Had one to day that was a classic. His lane was right turn but decides to go straight on. Squeezes in front of me so I had to brake. Apparently an arrow pointing right (his lane) means go straight on. My lane which had a left/straight on arrow really means left only. We stopped at traffic lights where I may have car-maketially abused him. He then just drove through the red light.

I know that all Audi drives are not like that but Audi does seem to have more than their fair share.

LOL...TG you didnt know I drive an Audi :) Otherwise you might have not helped me on my assignment !

Have to admit though got caught last summer twice in a month and almost lost my cardboard :(

But it wasnt my fault only....it was World Cup and I had to be in time for the early games :D

I know it isn't all Audi drivers. The same way that all BMWs don't have non- functioning indicators (or their owners didn't order the car with them installed) :D

Generalisations are not a good thing! I'm sure most of us can be guilty of doing that sometimes.

OT but re. traffic: I have in the last two weeks been centimeters (!) from being run over by cars with morons behind the wheel whilst cycling across a junction in which cars had an absolute obligation to stop. I had to stand on the brakes with wheels locked and gliding to avoid a crash. The drivers in both cases: women in their 30s driving a SUV (not German make) in one case and an Audi in the other. Both were ignorant to their wrongdoing and just drove off with me amiably offering advice on driving techniques (i.e. yelling four-letter words).

I bet they were CoD players.

We seem to moved away from the original topic and I know that I'm well into the old fart age group now.

However, I really enjoy driving and where safe and conditions are suitable, will drive fast. I also accept that there are occasions where despite looking in all directions you can still end up pulling out in front of someone or something else. In my yoof I did some motorsports (rallying (road and special stage) and autotests) and that experience gave me a lot more confidence to cope with adverse road conditions and also car control when things go wrong. If the car skids on ice or snow it is easy to panic and over do corrections which results in a worse situation.

But, as you had in your example some drivers just seem to be totally unaware of what they are doing (or actually playing CoD at the time). People seem to be taught to pass the driving test and not how to drive in real world conditions. Road designers also have a lot to answer for as they never seem to think about what real drivers will actually do and how they will act. I was picking up Isobel from the train station and a guy started to reverse into the space I was already parked in! Another time at the station a woman reversed into the side of me. No damage to either car. Her excuse, "your car is the same colour as mine"! My response, "maybe if you had switched your lights on (it was mid-winter dark) you may have seen me!" Too many drivers don't think about what they are doing or think before doing a manoeuvre.

Here is an example from the other day: https://youtu.be/VuErs45ndms

Grrrrrr. Rant over.

And on a lighter note I found my first competition licence from 1984 for your amusement and comment on when I had hair! To compete in motorsports you had to get a licence. To get an international licence (that meant you could compete in WRC type events, all you had to do was finish (yes just finish) three events of any type. I gues it is different now!

Attachments

• Rally.jpg
    Rally.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 33
lmao....Glen Looks like Jeremy Clarksons brother :D No wonder we talk about cars, now that we know he is somehow involved in Top Gear ! :D

Attachments

• Glen.doc
    192 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Looool seeing old hair styles of people from old pics makes me always laugh. :D

Users who are viewing this thread