Quiting BF2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
waxxzer

waxxzer

NRU Member
21 Jul 2014
Churchilllaan 69, Delft, Netherlands
Dear fellow BF2-players,

First, i want to adress the heeds en admins for all the work put into keeping things alive, with all the troubles that came with it. But still, have to admit for my self the good days are gone. I enjoyed all the playing hours on No-Fly, as the ambience was always good (Thx SEC, Lady, Dildo, Scatha, Deadly, Ulthard and many many more). I do think NRU-server was top of a niche with nice, lawabiding citizens. But now with all the people flocking in from elsewhere i do feel that the magic spark is lost. Again, thanks for the good times and the effort put into it to keep things up. But i will move to BF3/4 indefinite and wont make it to BF2's tenth birthday. Hope to meet you there!

Hm, BF3/4 isnt really better in my opinion... Maybe you can pop in BF2 again when we have some clan and friends fun events....

welcome on the dark site waxxer LOL :welcome:

think its is normal that you move on to bf3/bf4 if you ever taste it and let go all the preconceptions and give it a try. the only one who is strong enough to stay in bf2 is mr.x hihi

just bf4 is nice and even more if you play on our server with a small amount of NRU player. lot of fun and tbags.

think its is normal that you move on to bf3/bf4 if you ever taste it and let go all the preconceptions and give it a try. the only one who is strong enough to stay in bf2 is mr.x hihi
I am not alone ! Spunky is with me! :)

Odp: Quiting BF2

a great pity that you end up playing BF2. In my opinion, this game will never die. Maybe someday we will meet on the servers of BF3 and BF4 but certainly not now. I will still play in BF2. Regards :)

only one who is strong enough to stay in bf2 is mr.x hihi

Don't tease Mr XXX / Sex-Leader who likes retro games like Pong and Pac man and BF2 or he knocks you to face with his new cellphone. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 15-80s-cell-phones.jpg
    15-80s-cell-phones.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 61
It’s a real pity that you are leaving, waxxzer.

There’s no denying the fact that we, the BF2 community, are going through a difficult time at the moment.
Yet, some of us are firmly committed to helping our No Fly server prosper despite all the problems.
There are several reasons which are responsible for the unerring popularity of BF2, but that’s beside the point.

I wish you the best of luck.
Should you change your mind because you can’t cope with the lack of teamwork in BF3 / 4, we will be glad to welcome you back. :)

i know its hard at the moment to lose some more bf2 player but it is understandable if you once taste the bf3 gameplay or even more the bf4 one.

less teamwork is not really a argument against bf3/bf4. i think it is more based on teamwork as bf2. just all the vehicles. if you use a tank, heli or boat. if you using this alone you are not strong enough. you need at least one guy with a repair tool for repairing your damages.
same as IO. if you will have a strong squad you need a ammo, a medic, and a sniper ( for scanning the area with MAV or tugs ).

and that is the point. there are soooo many new shiny, glittering things ingame. also the destructable environment or the increase of realism. not each little tree or wall can stop a tank lol

i know that from my bad company2 experiences. i was deep in playing bf2 and tried bc2 only short time and said "i stay into bf2 because bc2 is crap" lol then i got a new graficcard and i tried bc2 again and it was brilliant. lol all the effects and also with the new graficpower i hit what i aim for lol

I remember too how i was so lost and got stabbed and tbagged all time when i started BF3. I lost propably couple kilos of dogtags while learning times. :welsh: But i had still damn fun with all NRU fannys. :) Laka, Andy, Loeft, Sweney, Glen, Pix, Kyntteri, PsychoMoerchen etc guys who were more experienced when i started can maybe remember my BF3 noob times and how helpless victim i was. ;) When i was cursing how much i suck Laka said it takes something like 100 hours to learn maps, features and tricks and then you are comfortable in BF3 after BF2. So dont give up if there is some bad rounds and new stuff what can first be strange and if you get owned first its natural in every game. If game is unbalanced its not funny but you can play on our own servers with other NRU:s, its 100% fun guarantee and cant go wrong. :p

Re : Re: Quiting BF2

You haven't uninstall the game yet !? So it's not hopless ...

less teamwork is not really a argument against bf3/bf4.

It would be my strongest one !
Starting from BF2 players who never give orders about the target to aim.
You can play without but, it's another game !...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by lakaelo less teamwork is not really a argument against bf3/bf4.

It would be my strongest one !
Starting from BF2 players who never give orders about the target to aim.
You can play without but, it's another game !...

that is what i mean. you have more teamwork in bf3/4 :D

I think it is more based on teamwork as bf2. just all the vehicles. if you use a tank, heli or boat. if you using this alone you are not strong enough. you need at least one guy with a repair tool for repairing your damages.
same as IO. if you will have a strong squad you need a ammo, a medic, and a sniper ( for scanning the area with MAV or tugs ).
Hmmm apart from no one ever throws down ammo or medikits

After you get familiar with BF3/BF4 players and add friends to battlelog its easier find good games. Prefer playing with people who can work together as team/squad. Escpecially in BF4 where you can join to squad of friends. Im often added friends of friends and nice random teammates as friends just for that better teamwork alliance. Stick together and revive/heal/resupply/repair each others to survive better. I remember sometimes we are even pushed stuck vehicles free with other vehicle when fellow cock needs help, that i call damn good teamwork lol. :cool:

Bla bla, I played enough hours BF3 now and you can be lucky if there is a teammate who helps you. in Bf2 the squad is most time around you and supports you. How many times in BF3 I called for a ride f.e. and never got one...even the Bots in BF2 Coop have more teamplay. In the end eveveryone should play that game he has the most fun.

Last edited:
I think it is more based on teamwork as bf2. just all the vehicles. if you use a tank, heli or boat. if you using this alone you are not strong enough. you need at least one guy with a repair tool for repairing your damages.
Hmmm apart from no one ever throws down ammo or medikits

same as in bf2. :)

I played enough hours BF3 now and you can be lucky if there is a teammate who helps you.
if you play with rondom guys you are absolutely right. just in the time most of the regular player gone to bf4. but lot of old bf2 player now playing bf3 and i think if you squad up with them it should be better.

its always the same. if you play with mostly unknown guys its often not really teamplaying. if you playing with your mate from battlelog it is. that is what i love in battlelog. you click and join you "friends" and the game put you in the same squad if possible.

Actually im sometimes met very nice random people who have good squad spirit and teamwork, last time today. Couple times after playing some hours in same squad they are asked if i want join their clans. Someones don't care pick up random who asks ride or risk their own KD to revive somebody random. But someones really have that similar attitude of real soldiers we are just little parts of big machine and it does not matter who other guys are if you want survive in war. Its just matter of luck sometimes you can find similar nice people like here and sometimes there is only selfish guys or jerks who uses more time to offending of others than playing. But every game have same problems. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread