Question to NRU members before apllying

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
michjan2

michjan2

Every weapon is worth using
NRU Member
16 Jun 2021
Warszawa, Poland
Recently i was suggested by few NRU members if maybe i would like to join the NRU clan. I checked the requirements and i meet almost all of them except the age requirement. Laka advised me to make this thread asking You dear Members if you would like/ allow a person whos 15 years old with birthday on September 25th to join the NRU Family?

Hi Michi!

Before I say anything here, I would like to know from @Heeds why there is an age restriction of 18 in the requirements? :)

Reactions: michjan2
I have nothing against age.
Only thing is our dirty jokes you normaly wouldnt read i guess, but here you will.

I have always understood that the games have been rated 18 so anyone under that age should NEVER play such games as it will turn you into an evil person, corrupt and ruin you for life. :D

I would propose an advisory age of 16 rather than 18. However, if someone has been a regular player ✅ passes the usual checks ✅ doesn't have anything in their chat log that leaps out ✅ then I don't see why it shouldn't go to a vote even if they were not 16.

Reactions: lakaelo
I would propose an advisory age of 16 rather than 18. However, if someone has been a regular player ✅ passes the usual checks ✅ doesn't have anything in their chat log that leaps out ✅ then I don't see why it shouldn't go to a vote even if they were not 16.
I totally agree. If player knows how to behave and be respective to others then the age does not matter. And like Edgars said the only thing would be the "mature" content here like the jokes and lakas pictures that would be a bad influence for an innocent mind. ;)

Honestly though i think that 15year olds when speaking to each other have much more vulgar vocabulary than we old cocks here. :LOL:

I have always understood that the games have been rated 18 so anyone under that age should NEVER play such games as it will turn you into an evil person, corrupt and ruin you for life. :D

Agree with that. My Son also start playing with 14 or maybe even younger. I really don't know anymore and age is not a matter always. I know 30 old guys acting like a 13 years old and on the other Hand, 14 years old acting more mature as a 30 bloke

Wasn't Hades rejected because of his age 2 years ago?

Yeah I feel like either the rules should be changed for good (which the clan as a whole should decide on imo) or the request should be denied. I am not a fan of exceptions.

Pff rules are only made to be broken or changed if it's for a good reason.

My son was playing arma or something like that and they had rules of 18 yrs too, but he used som kind of voice changer in teamspeak and fooled them :)
So BIG respect to michjan for being honest and acting like a man.
Maybe lets make a vote if anybody is willing to change some rules and then look how it goes ?

I can understand if we stick to the 18 year limit, I would get it if we go with 16. But then we should discuss the rule and not the exception for Michjan cause if we make 1 exception why not a 2nd, 3rd etc etc.

I totally agree. If player knows how to behave and be respective to others then the age does not matter. And like Edgars said the only thing would be the "mature" content here like the jokes and lakas pictures that would be a bad influence for an innocent mind. ;)

Honestly though i think that 15year olds when speaking to each other have much more vulgar vocabulary than we old cocks here. :LOL:
I have not and i dont want to look at any pictures of Laka xD

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo

I used to act like that but Body bag told me whats on his mind and that he does not like that and i have changed.

Reactions: blugi21
I used to act like that but Body bag told me whats on his mind and that he does not like that and i have changed.
Good to hear. ^^
By the vulgar vocabulary i meant that 15 year olds are already used to such things and our jokes in the forums would not be a big deal anymore to you. Sorry if it was misleading. :)

There are legal age restrictions in many cases (drinking, driver licence etc.) For a reason. We can say that it definitely does not fit to everyone (especially to me when I see a Lego set my mind is 10 yo like ) but I can understand that there is such rule, since the membership gives you rights that can be abused, someone is just not enough (mentally) grown to take responsibility like that. From what I saw ingame this is not your case and I have no reason to think you wouldn't be doing good no matter the age. But discord cocks definitely know you even better. We are not a state office so we can know players better and the main thing- we can make exceptions how we want, if Heeds agree.

There are "you have to be's" to join.. the problem is - some of them can be checked and some not - you can write whatever you want. You can act like you are 12yo Anne from Austria and be a 4000 yo Tutankhamun of Upper Egypt. There is no way to check it and be sure anyway.

But still, I would agree with Glen here. 16 would be okay to me because I still think some limit is needed. (But not changing it now before this case - It would seem unfair to other cases like that one @We4re0ne wrote above to change it so it can fit our purposes) Would suggest to let you apply and lets have a discussion over the exception under the vote. The age limit itself we can discuss separate.

Users who are viewing this thread