[Event] [PUBLIC VOTE] [SECOND TEST PHASE] New gamemodes in the permanent votemap ? Special mixmodes wednesday event

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which of these modes would you like to see in the permanent votemap ? (3 possible choices)

• Capture the flag, YES

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Capture the flag, NO

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Capture the flag, ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Obliteration, YES

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Obliteration, NO

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Obliteration, ABSTAIN

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Rush, YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Rush, NO

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Rush, ABSTAIN

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don't want to see any new mode in the current permanent votemap.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Personally, I don't like the obliteration and this is why I don't like this gamemode :
  • most of the games that I did in obliteration there was a tie.
  • almost all players (myself included) go in contact to get the bomb and it's normal because if you stay in defense it's boring, most of the time of the game takes place at the spawn location of the bomb.
  • if you have the bomb there is a very high risk that you will die within 10 seconds (I didn't time it but it seems plausible to me) so the bomb almost doesn't move
  • to be able to hope to make long distance you need a vehicle, except that almost everyone plays engineer and when a vehicle come to transport the bomb it receives several rockets quickly
  • if by chance the bomb is planted, it explodes too quickly. According to my research it's 15 seconds
  • if you die, there's no point in reappearing near the bomb (if the bomb has been planted). The bomb explodes in 15 seconds and the time to reappear is ... drum roll ...12 seconds before you can press the deploy button, so if you're looking for where to respawn, it's longer and if you choose the parachute it's even longer (y) (time calculated according to different video on youtube). I saw that the time to respawn on this server was 75%, so 8 seconds, but to me it's useless anyway
  • as we are in contact, the squad dies faster, so no more points to reappear and we find ourselves to be in parachute on our side and to have to run to our death (for this point it's probably that I suck and that my squad is probably at the same level as me ^^)
  • games are too fast. Well, since I don't like this gamemode, it suits me, I should rather say the opposite :unsure:
  • games are too long, they must be reduced to 2 minutes. Yeah it's better like that :giggle:

For the moment that's all that comes to my mind, but I'm sure that after a game of obliteration I'll find other reasons why I don't like this mode

But I can understand that some people like this gamemode, it's just that I don't like it

server is back to "normal" conquest maps today. Last days we had the new modes in rotation was a nice test but you could also see that half of the player leaves when a rush round started and playercount was dropping down. Same at Obliteration. Capture the flag is not such a bit drop down but still more player leaving as normal. also the server is "empty" lot earlier as normal. yesterday it was short for midnight when all player leaves and the round before only something over 24 player on the server anymore.

so its a easy thing and its nothing new that conquest is the most player and most liked gamemode in battlefield and the main focus on every change at the server settings or server map/modelist is, that this is not influence the server population in a bad way. in this case, it does and so we are back not "normal" conquest modes.

but this experiance is also a good one, because we still can put some of this modes in special sundays so this can played too.

Deja Vu...... We have been here before and the result was the same then.
Reminds me of when I was a kid playing football outside with very few players and you only had 1 goal/keeper. All the action took place right in front of the goal. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
Most players prefer CQ, but they may not mind a little bit of variation every now and then. but they probably wont like a different mode every match.

Is it an idea to let CQ be the most dominant mode in the votemap, but sprinkle in some other modes every now and then?

Reactions: ToxicTurbo3
It's also a problem with the votemap, that in many cases the round is over before the players can vote a new map. This way you will likely get the same map again (besides that in some modes it looks like the teams switch after the first round). That can lead to people leave again.

Reactions: ToxicTurbo3
The best point of putting back again Conquest mode only ? A button is back, and not just any :

Sans f

Watch the sky now! Bonapommander will be back!

Is this still coming to the server our will it stay cql all the time?

The project has been adopted thanks to all the voters but we must don't forget that it's a dictatorship so cockaelo removed it. :LOL:

I'm kidding. If I remember well, during the test period there was bad consequences on the population of the server so it was in the interest of the server to let things like it's currently (only CQ+CAL). But we can surely make events with such modes. Or maybe a new test period? I let cockaelo answer you! :D

Is this still coming to the server our will it stay cql all the time?
"problem" in this case it that lot of the other modes are nice to play but also a lot of player leaving when other mode as CQ coming up. also this modes mostly disabling the commander mode even for the CQ maps just because one of the other modes is in the maplist.

i really would like to have some more other modes in rotation. i was thinking about some regular days we can have this modes equal to the special sunday. maybe calling it the "mixmode wednessday" :D just to see how player like it or not.

"problem" in this case it that lot of the other modes are nice to play but also a lot of player leaving when other mode as CQ coming up. also this modes mostly disabling the commander mode even for the CQ maps just because one of the other modes is in the maplist.

Oh yes! There was this too! I completely forgotten the commander mode issue. No way to delete cruise missiles! lol

So which modes are playable as commander don't remember?
i really would like to have some more other modes in rotation. i was thinking about some regular days we can have this modes equal to the special sunday. maybe calling it the "mixmode wednessday" :D just to see how player like it or not.
Yep it's a good idea in my opinion (y).

That would be nice

Users who are viewing this thread