[Event] [PUBLIC VOTE] [SECOND TEST PHASE] New gamemodes in the permanent votemap ? Special mixmodes wednesday event

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which of these modes would you like to see in the permanent votemap ? (3 possible choices)

• Capture the flag, YES

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Capture the flag, NO

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Capture the flag, ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Obliteration, YES

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Obliteration, NO

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Obliteration, ABSTAIN

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Rush, YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Rush, NO

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Rush, ABSTAIN

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don't want to see any new mode in the current permanent votemap.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
CoquilletteUwU

CoquilletteUwU

NRU Member
28 Jun 2020
France
[Updated 11th, November, 2020]

IMPORTANT :

THE PROJECT HAS BEEN ACCEPTED THANKS TO ALL THE VOTERS.

THE FIRST TEST PHASE ENDED.

THE TEST PERMITTED US TO NOTICE THAT THE COMMANDER MODE IS FINALLY NOT AVAILABLE ON EACH MODE AND THAT THIS KIND OF SETTINGS ON A LONG PERIOD CAN HAVE BAD CONSEQUENCES ABOUT THE REGULAR POPULATION OF THE SERVER.

SO WE ARE GOING TO OPEN A SECOND TEST PHASE IN WHICH SOME OF THESE MODES WILL BE NOW AVAILABLE REGULARLY EACH WEDNESDAY, EACH WEEK, WITH THE SAME SETTINGS.

THE SERVER IS NOW CURRENTLY IN A SECOND LONG TEST PHASE, SO THERE WILL BE MAY SOME CHANGES ABOUT WHICH MODES TO KEEP OR NOT.

WE WILL KEEP INFORMING YOU AFTER THE WHOLE TEST.

MORE INFORMATION HERE: [Event] - The Wednesday will be the Wild Wednesday now

Hello,

✅ All players from our server are concerned about this thread, so feel free to let us know how do you feel about it. I insist, don't hesitate to make a comment, whatever your opinion, it's more useful than just a vote.

Thanks to this last special event (09/13/2020), we could re-discover some great and forgotten modes and in particular capture the flag and obliteration which were played a lot this day.

Indeed, lots of players voted for it and liked it. So like for Carrier Assault, I ask you if one or two or all these modes should be permanently added in the votemap ? Players like this server because they can play in a great atmosphere but also play modes that have been forgotten by time. Indeed, each special event is a great success and so there are almost only conquest servers nowadays. So I think it could be a great add to the votemap to vary the maps a bit. Because we can play on new parts of maps or having a new approach, a totally new gameplay.

I asked a bit some players here and there if it would be possible what they would like to see some new modes in the votemap and they answered capture the flag and obliteration.

During the event, for CTF, it was rounds of 60 minutes or 9 flags. I think it's a bit too much because it's not like conquest, here the whole round is located on little parts of maps and always playing in the same area so I thought that 5 flags could be enough.

Carrier assault is a mode rarely played, but still played and when it's the case, players have a lot of fun so I thought it could be the same for CTF and obliteration. I know it's more work for laka but I also know that he likes it What do you think about it ? Do you like these modes ? Think it could be a great idea to vary sometimes ? It was just an idea.

⚠️ Think about this :

• It doesn't mean that if it's a yes, now each round will be rush/capture the flag/obliteration. No. It means that now, in the votemap, sometimes, there will be these modes to vote, and to play it, it will be necessary to have enough votes from players. The main mode of the server will still be Conquest.
  • Another thing, on these modes, the maps are really important for the gameplay. So please try to not judge these modes, in good or bad, after only a round on one map. It's totally different than Conquest. The map and the side changes a lot.
  • If it is not working or if we receive negative feedback, it is possible at any time to remove these modes from the setup of the server.

⚠️ Why only these 3 modes in the vote ?

• Because we are running a 64 slots server and it will be a permanent votemap so we can't add reduced number of slot for certain modes in the permanent votemap like 16v16 death match for example.
  • These are certainly the most popular modes of BF4 after Conquest.
  • These are interesting modes for 32 vs 32 because of the gameplay concentrated around interactive objectives and teamplay.
  • Commander mode is available on rush and obliteration.

⚠️ Carrier Assault is already currently in the permanent votemap, like Conquest Large for sure.

- You can vote for 3 choices, once for each mode.
- Please don't hesitate to give us just few words to explain your choice(s), it will be useful for all instead of just voting!
- Everyone can vote here, players, regular players, vip, admins, old fossils, etc. So please, let us know what you want to play on our server !
- You can change your vote at any time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Body Bag
I just reput here the answer from @We4re0ne from the old thread that has been deleted :

The round CTF on Hammerhead was not that great in my opinion. Most likely both teams held each others flag, then vurup came in his tank into our flag area, nuked all and they won. Even though it reminds me a bit of old times playing Urban Terror, but I like Conquest the most.
Obliteration was okay. Some rounds are great, some not before. Therefore I would abstain there, but am more positive about it than CTF.

Another opinion about the Defuse (DF) mode: It's like Counter Strike: Round ends when one team is dead (no respawn here), the bomb has exploded on A or B or the bomb has been defused once. Many people didn't get what they have to do in the beginning but many also didn't liked it. We played "first to three"-mode on Locker (about 3-5 minutes). Then teams (attacker/defender) switched and again three rounds on Paracel. Then again on another map and then on another again. Many had enough then and since the rounds have been very short, I dont even know whether the votemap came or not.

And my intial answer was :

"Ah so defuse is the no-respawn mode, right. Only played it once. The good point of this mode is that it's really fast to play lol. But I have to agree with you for CTF. In fact I think this mode is funnier without vehicles like on Operation Outbreak, there was only infantry and it was reeeally fun, we had a great round. But yep, I can imagine a CTF round on Hammerhead with vehicle campers :3 And the worst thing I found for Obliteration was on Dragon Pass, half of the team was camping on the mountain thanks to the flying respawn..."

So for my opinion, I really think that we should not judge a mode for one or two bad maps. We also should think about the good setup for these modes : tickets, number of flags, etc.

Another thing is that we added Carrier Assault in the votemap. Did you count how much times we play it ? Not so much. But that's it! It's exactly what I mean, even if it's in the permanent votemap we don't have to always play it and when players want to, they just have to vote for it and then we have a fun round.

Adding these modes in the votemap will also permit to alleviate the special sunday. I mean we will be able to focus on other specific ideas or modes.

I would be happy to see rush and CTF in the rotation. I think there are some maps for each of them that are just awful As noted above (just to prove I did read it😃). Nope, not going say which ones as I would have to play them again to know. It is nice to play something different occasionally and even having carrier assault appear is nice. The other consideration is the number of tickets. One round yesterday with defuse on peaks seemed to go on for ages. It may have been because the hills were just full of snipers 😑 just sniping each other whilst about five other players were playing "properly".

Have to admit I do like a round or two of TDM but they seem to be over far too quick.

Reactions: CoquilletteUwU
I think for rush it's better to have a higher ticket rate, like 400. 200 tickets are not enough to organize your attack on the obj. most other rush specified servers do so :unsure:

Reactions: mamang and lakaelo
I think for rush it's better to have a higher ticket rate, like 400. 200 tickets are not enough to organize your attack on the obj. most other rush specified servers do so :unsure:
agreed. Rush is a really fast paced mode so more tickets should be better.

Reactions: MJ61-John
Well, I must admit that this result was unexpected lol. Thanks everyone for the participation and the few comments, it shows a general idea(y) (You can still vote for sure)

Last edited:
I voted:

Yes
Yes
Yes
I don't want to see

At least I can blame others now if it goes TU. 😆

lol what ?

First, you can only vote 3 times and not 4.
And then, if you voted yes for each mode, why would you like to vote for the last one lol (which is a shortcut and means no for all modes lol) ?

Edit : oh yes I see, you didn't understand this last one as I wanted to write it. My bad, it could be more clear, I shoudn't have put it.

Last edited:
🤔 Just tried it again and it did give the Oooops something went wrong blah blah only 3 votes message but before it didn't.

Actually the last option should have been…

"I am a 🦕 just leave things as they are as these sort of choices makes my 🤯 💥 with the anxiety of having to make rational choices when just choosing what biscuit to have with my coffee causes the same sort of issues.

In a galaxy not so far, not so far ...

- Unknow : ... 👀

- Unknow : ⏳... 👀

- Unknow : ⌚🕰 🗓 📅 ... 👀

- Unknow : RING RING ⏰ 🚨 🔔 📣 !!!

--- lakaelo : Who the fuck is this?? 🤬

- Unknow : It's me you old hairy cock! 🤡🇫🇷

---- lakelo : Oh god Bona please let me in peace just one hour at least! 💀

- Bona : Never! Apparently you have some work @lakaelo , wake up old fossil ! :ROFLMAO:

--- lakaelo : There we are in peace... ☮

---------- Website : You were reported for : Where is my gamemode update you old lazy cock? 🤡

---
lakaelo : I hate him so much...

In a galaxy not so far, not so far ...

- Unknow : ... 👀

- Unknow : ⏳... 👀

- Unknow : ⌚🕰 🗓 📅 ... 👀

- Unknow : RING RING ⏰ 🚨 🔔 📣 !!!

--- lakaelo : Who the fuck is this?? 🤬

- Unknow : It's me you old hairy cock! 🤡🇫🇷

---- lakelo : Oh god Bona please let me in peace just one hour at least! 💀

- Bona : Never! Apparently you have some work @lakaelo , wake up old fossil ! :ROFLMAO:

--- lakaelo : There we are in peace... ☮

---------- Website : You were reported for : Where is my gamemode update you old lazy cock? 🤡

---
lakaelo : I hate him so much...
just a voting result didn´t change the maprotation. :D maybe it will influence the new maps in the next time some of the old fosils have time to look at this :D

• Love
Reactions: CoquilletteUwU
It's simple : all :LOL: :tbag:

(I'll try to make an interesting list later)

All of us can check all rush phases for all maps from BF4 fandom wiki website.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread