[Event] [PUBLIC VOTE] [SECOND TEST PHASE] New gamemodes in the permanent votemap ? Special mixmodes wednesday event

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which of these modes would you like to see in the permanent votemap ? (3 possible choices)

• Capture the flag, YES

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Capture the flag, NO

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Capture the flag, ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Obliteration, YES

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Obliteration, NO

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Obliteration, ABSTAIN

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Rush, YES

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Rush, NO

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Rush, ABSTAIN

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I don't want to see any new mode in the current permanent votemap.

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Sure, it will be largely enough.

But we can also make different maplists right ?

You can also reduce the number of maps for carrier assault to 4 because there are only 4 Naval Strike maps. (y)

ok, maplist updated with this maps:

Capture the flag :

Operation Outbreak
Propaganda
Hangar 21
Lumphini Garden
Operation Firestorm 2014

Obliteration :

Caspian Border 2014
Operation Locker
Sunken Dragon
Gulf of Oman 2014
Siege of Shanghai

Rush :

Operation Metro 2014
Golmud Railway
Rogue Transmission
Zavod 311
Paracel Storm

but lets see how we handle the tickets in that modes? all 100% or do we need some more time or tickets at some of them?

Reactions: CoquilletteUwU
I tried to be fair and balanced, between infantry maps, vehicle maps, urban maps, large scale maps, very played maps and not so much played maps.

I checked the BF fandom website and normally, all these maps should be playable with these settings. (Because all modes are not available for each map).

Also took into account comments about last sunday event and other. So it should be fun with these settings.

But like @HairyAss said, some maps are shit with some modes so we'll may have to change some things.

Feedbacks will be useful about this, so don't hesitate.

I will also try to make other interesting list like this if needed.

For the settings :

Capture the flag : during the event it was 9 flags. Really too much, each CTF round took one hour and any team didn't complete the 9 flags, the round ended due to the timer.

Rush : I don't know the exact number of tickets in basic settings but it's not enough for sure. But we also have to put a fair tickets number, otherwise the attackers will (probably) always won thanks to the number of tickets.

And for obliteration, we just have to find the good timer.

Last edited:
Aaand first constructive comments :D

Feel free to give us your feelings about these new modes for some improvements and changes.

2020 09 19 1
2020 09 19 2

Reactions: lakaelo
Only had a chance to play for a short time yesterday and CTF on Pearl neck Market was rather good. It was a bit like TDM with objectives that everyone ignored. A lot of the comments were positive. I definitely think that some maps are suitable for some modes and not others. Propaganda seems to be an ideal size and the lack of air vehicles (ignoring flying tanks) helps too. It was weird 🪂 on to Locker - another first! 😁

The time limit may need to be tweaked for some modes as they can go on for some time with no end in sight. Having never personally played some of the modes on some of the maps (which is quite a surprise) it is difficult to say exactly what would be right for each combination.

It may be worth a gradual introduction of particular maps in certain modes that work rather than a dump them all in approach.

thats it then :p people clearly like to have mixed modes soo... i suppose this change will be permanent :D

Something to fix :

The timer on obliteration is 20 minutes (it's good). But the votemap need 30 minutes to start so the players can't vote. Is it possible to reduce the time before the vote for this mode ?

Last edited:
Something to fix :

The timer on obliteration is 20 minutes (it's good). But the votemap need 30 minutes to start so the players can't vote. Is it possible to reduce the time before the vote for this mode ?
no, not really. lol just because the votemap software is old as fuck and didnt know a different time for this modes. so i changed all vote starting times to 360 ( 6 minutes before round end ). normaly that should work now....if not...not lol

Thanks but I'm thinking, how can the vote start 6 minutes before the end of the round for modes like obliteration for example. If all objectives are destroyed, the round will end, even if there is still 20 minutes in the timer and so there will be no votemap too.

Thanks but I'm thinking, how can the vote start 6 minutes before the end of the round for modes like obliteration for example. If all objectives are destroyed, the round will end, even if there is still 20 minutes in the timer and so there will be no votemap too.
thats simple...than there is no votemap lol
how i said before. the software can´t handle this modes and the only chance is that.
i will just sort the maplist this way that there is always a other mode behind who the votemap is showing up. atm the moment are this maps just behind each other so there is a big chance that we play them all just behind each other.

all zavod night and operation outbreak maps/modes are out of rotation again because they have too strong negative effects at the server population. with this maps in the server is hard to getting full in the not main time. putting this maps out of rotation, we are directly back to full with 64 player again. sad but true....

Last edited:
Oh no :cry: Outbreak and Zavod night are such great maps.

But yep, in the interest of the server it's a good thing then(y)

Last edited:
That's sad :( I had a really great round in Zavog Night a few days ago. But when the population suffers, I guess that's the best we can do.

i really like both maps and zavod night is my fav map i guess. atm it looks like this maps are really not helpfull for the server but the next days its a big test at all to look all the modes and maps to see how this is influence the server population. also to see if we put both maps back into rotation.

current maplist.

- All 30 Map + DLC in Conquest ( except Zavod Night and Operation Outbreak )

- All 4 Carrier Assault Maps

- 4x Capture the flag :

1. Propaganda
  2. Hangar 21
  3. Lumphini Garden
  4. Operation Firestorm 2014
- 5x Obliteration Maps:
  1. Caspian Border 2014
  2. Operation Locker
  3. Sunken Dragon
  4. Gulf of Oman 2014
  5. Siege of Shanghai

- 5x Rush Maps:
  1. Operation Metro 2014
  2. Golmud Railway
  3. Rogue Transmission
  4. Zavod 311
  5. Paracel Storm
So we have 48 Maps in Rotation now. Sadly, because of some Modes, where is the Commander Mode not possible gamewhise, there is no Commander at all. But lets see how this new Maplist is doing in Rotation. As said before its all a big Test and i guess you can not find a lot Server out there with such a big Choise at Maps and Modes.

Basic Tickets for Conquest Maps should stay at 1200 Ticket and max 2 Hours gametime. don´t bother you at the 2 hours, that is only therefor, when some looong round will go over the normal 1 Hour. So when the Tickets are done, the round is done. Point.

So all other Modes also running at the normal gamegiven Tickets and Time. At least they should from the Settings lol But please have a look ingame if the Ticket and Times from the new Modes are right and even more if this fitting in the gameplay. Means, when most of the rounds CTF are done in 12 Minutes it could be a bit short and on the other Hand, when some Oblietration Maps going over 1 Hour, this could be long and boring. So please feel free to give us your Feedback here how the now modes doing "there Job" and if you like to do any Setup changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: We4re0ne
Sadly, the Commander Mode not possible gamewhise, there is no Commander at all.

All this is just a huge Illuminati and old dinos conspiracy to keep laka safe from cruise missiles :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread