[Event] [Public vote] Hardcore as a regular event?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Would you like a special hardcore day every week?

• ❌ No, from time to time during the weekend suits me well

• ✅ Yes, in addition to the wild wednesday*

• 🔄 Yes, instead and to replace the wild wednesday*

Results are only viewable after voting.
CoquilletteUwU

CoquilletteUwU

NRU Member
28 Jun 2020
France
About 2 months ago now, we were supposed to have a vote about having a regular hardcore event/day every week as it is something very appreciated by most of you and requested quite regularly as a special sunday. But as we-all-know-Who is an old lazy cock (:blamelaka:,) this idea has been forgotten and delayed, so here we go again.

The goal of this poll is to take the temperature from our whole little community about this idea and then see what we can do or not do. Everyone can vote here: new players, regulars, VIPs, NRUFs and Members, the goal is to get a maximum of answers possible as it concerns everyone. Also, keep in mind that this poll is... only a poll and not a referendum, we'll think about your argues and then decide if it's worth or not to make such a change in the server settings (so the results aren't engaging anything).

Every feedback, whatever is your opinion, will be very appreciated. So thank you in advance!

To make it clearer for the options :

❌- We stay with the current wild wednesday event, and from time to time we can organize hardcore events during the week-end (as we are currently doing)

✅ - We stay with the current wild wednesday event, and we setup a new hardcore day in the week (so another day than wednesday), every week, to make a new hardcore regular event

🔄 - We remove the wild wednesday event and replace it by a hardcore day

PS: You can change your vote at anytime.

*Wild wednesday = current mixed modes event

Last edited:
As I really enjoy the hardcore sundays I vote to add it as an additional day. I would also be fine to replace wild wednesday, but as I think that many others like wild wednesday, having both could be a good way to go.
I'm thinking about how it would affect the server population, as always this should decide whether to keep it or throw it away (or maybe switch to another day for testing).

For me hardcore is an interesting mode. Having no minimap and doing more damage is the most interesting part. I don't like the missing 3rd person view in jets as I am used to fly loops in 3rd, but I am okay with it.

Edit: Maybe it could also be a changing event so that the setup for the day is sometimes a bit different. Like healing on, 3rd on, map sometimes on or similar. But I can imagine that this needs too much setup and creativity.

TLDR: Give it a try :)

Last edited:

Can you make that a bit more clear in the options? Because I interpreted that as „Wednesday is HC + Mixed Modes“ and what you proposed would be „Mixed Modes and HC on alternating wednesdays“. I really enjoy HC but only on CQ so this just changed my vote :D

Can you make that a bit more clear in the options? Because I interpreted that as „Wednesday is HC + Mixed Modes“ and what you proposed would be „Mixed Modes and HC on alternating wednesdays“. I really enjoy HC but only on CQ so this just changed my vote :D
Oh yes sorry if it wasn't clear enough, sadly I cannot change the vote options since the vote already started, otherwise it could be possible to change and control the results 🤷‍♂️

❌- We stay with the current wild wednesday event, and from time to time we can organize hardcore events during the week-end (as we are currently doing)

✅ - We stay with the current wild wednesday event, and we setup a new hardcore day in the week (so another day than wednesday), every week, to make a new hardcore regular event

Hope this was helpful :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Rumblepumble
I would love to have one regular HC day in a week. It brings nice variation to the playlist. I think though HC should be only in Conquest and CAL because i have a feeling players dont like it so much in other modes and get frustrated (This is based on the comments i've seen in chat during games like RUSH HC). Please correct me if i have wrong understanding about it. ^^

So i propose:
Wild wednesday (like it is now)
Hardcore Sunday (Conquest + CAL)

Reactions: Akhara and We4re0ne
Oh yes sorry if it wasn't clear enough, sadly I cannot change the vote options since the vote already started, otherwise it could be possible to change and control the results 🤷‍♂️

Would be a great info to add in your opening post (y)

can you not change it on a technical base so forum is deny it? than i could do that.

Not change but add them as a little description yep thanks :

❌ - No, from time to time during the weekend suits me well

To:
❌- No, from time to time during the weekend suits me well : we stay with the current wild wednesday event, and from time to time we can organize hardcore events during the week-end (as we are currently doing)

Okay.. First of all - no matter I like HC/Mix or not... I still (as I stated before) feel like the server population suffers alot from having 2 irregular events during the week. Yes, sometimes we're having a break from this or that, but.. Most of you probably don't realize, or don't feel the impact, cuz you play at the prime, but I suggest to take a look at it during the day. Not saying that 2 events/week is the only reason, but one of them for sure. Yet this statement has no basis in stats or something like that. It just seem to me like that.
So again, 2 event days/week is a big no-no for me.

I'm not a big fan of HC since it is obvious that the game was made for normal mode and for me it doesn't fit the game itself. Quickscoping dudes in their feet can be fun, but I feel like even those of you who like it will have enough of it some day. No hitmarker, no map, reduced hp, but it still aint Arma and the game physics stay the same and FOR ME - it does not work very well together. On the other hand - no one forces me to play it and if you guys like it, so be it. But please, again, just rethink having 2 events. Mixmodes can go instead. But I will cry about missing rush. @lakaelo said that it is not possible having a rush in regular rotation (otherwise we lose a commander).
Respecting everyones point of view - here is my idea : We could choose ONE day in a week as an Event day. One week it could be HC, if you like it, and the second one mixmodes or whatever we choose. Next week HC again. You will get your regular income of HC, yet you will never get tired of it. Population will not suffer that much, mixmodes will stay but will be reduced - I would be totally fine with it. Other events like knife and shield can go, or they can eventually replace mixmodes or HC sometimes.

That's it. Now what should I vote for? :D

Why not one week HC at wednesday and the other week wild mode mix :)

Then the pressure on finding ideas on wednesday is lower and there is no 2nd random event in just one week

And it lowers the effort for the heeds to make 2 special events every week

Never been a great fan of Wed/Sun specials. Cant stand capture the flag or link but dont mind a bit of rush. Im ok with HC occasionally as it is the only time my mortars seem to actually work, a bit more true
to life. One mortar shell only gives damage and it always needs 2 for a kill 🤔. The server still gets filled Sun/Wed but its never as consistent as at other times. I would keep Sun or Wed but not both 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Rumblepumble
Well, the results looks clear but after a second look it's closer than it could have been expected for the idea of just adding or not the hardcore as a regular event : 15 vs 4 + 6 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for the voters and the few feedbacks, you can still vote and share your opinions of course

For my part I got bored of the wild wednesday months ago now (ironic when it was your own idea bruh) but I have never got bored yet of any special hardcore days and kept enjoying them with a lot of fun (who doesn't have fun killing team mates?). This is the reason why I personally started to play much less every wednesday (and for sure I'm not the only one)

The reason why this vote has been suggested was also the fact that people were (and are still) asking for a hardcore sunday almost every week since a while and are sill enjoying it every time, so it was something logic to ask this here

On the other hand the points raised by @🍓 are important, the server population must comes before us and our wishes, and be protected. We all saw how it was great after the 2042 hype to see all these new players coming here and there, 20 players in queue and so on, everything was fine, but it's already gone and nowadays the server needs more and more time to start :(

In that case, I can understand that the regular hardcore event idea can be denied for this reason, but then, we still should also remove officially the wild wednesday to be more logic isn't it? It has been turned off some weeks but can't we just remove it at all to be fair? Because to be honest, the wednesday is even more killing the server pop than hardcore settings. Just my 2 cents 🤷‍♂️

So to conclude... as "the results aren't engaging anything", when will we start the replacement from option 3? 😛

Last edited:
I also enjoy hardcore. Because on my second day as admin, it was a hardcore day, and that was the second time Cocka got banned because of me. These little moments in life, you need to take them in fully and enjoy them while they last.

As for voting, I like the idea of having 1 week being mixed mode, the next being HC, and so forth.

Users who are viewing this thread