Problem laptop-screen

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
prooi

prooi

20 Oct 2012
Holland
hi guys,

two weeks ago ive a problem with my laptopscreen,when i open my laptopscreen i cant see the strartup procedure
when daylight are shining on my screen i see only a bit of my desktop,when i almost close my laptop my desktop will show up,
then i push screen a bit more open and screen goes dark,after doing that for a couple times my screen will light up as normal
but when i touch my screen it goes dark again.

at the left hinge run two wires to the screen and when I get there a cocktail stick between there's nothing to worry about.All settings for energy consumption are on high so that can't be it.If I restart my laptop without having to close the screen, there are no problems, but if I close laptop and restart do I have the same problem again.

And when I go to play bf2 then it seems my laptop have a vacuum cleaner, he makes such a noise, and that is why I am a little cautious and I play a little bit less bf2

do any of you where this problem can come from, or is my laptop at the end of his tether.....

Thanks in advance

For the screen issue, Its either the backlight or the power inverter for the backlight. Depending on the laptop and how old it is it may be more hassle than it worth to replace the failing parts

More noise means fans are running at a higher RPM, maybe dust is clogging up your innards and reducing airflow

don't worry Jack, just make sure you have a good supply of cocktail sticks .. lol , atb , rich .

how mini said before. possibly also a (nearly ) broken cable in the hinge. but it looks not good for the patient.

i have always a spray can with compressed air here to clean our laptops. you will be surprised if you spray into the vents and see the dust clouds lol

Bending any copper cable repeatedly tends to stiffen it and that will eventually cause the copper strands to break ( a good example is earbuds - you will notice the cable becomes stiffer after a lot of use ). Opening and shutting the lid is probably doing the same for the cable to the screen. Maybe worth having a look at the iFixit site to see if they have a guide or youtube. It could be a standard cable which could be easily replaced.

If your handy around electronic devices it's not too hard to remove abd replace a laptop screen.I had to tear Kaceys laptop down to get to the mobo and fix the spot where the cord plus into the laptop.what brand laptop and model number do u have?

ok guys thanks for advise,

i wil tri first with compressed air and later check the wire between the hinges...

Yes Sweney im handy..but only with my right hand...lol....im only handy with concrete and wood....shall look or i can find a cheap expert to open my screen,
im afraid i broke more than is needed when i do it by my self..

My laptop is an ACER ASPIRE 7730G (17.4 inch) and im using it for 5 years now

Hmm, my mind started to wonder off - sorry guys...
Bending any XXX repeatedly tends to stiffen it and that will eventually cause the XXX to break ( a good example is XXX- you will notice the XXX becomes stiffer after a lot of use ). Opening and shutting the XXX is probably doing the same for the XXX to the XXX . Maybe worth having a look at the XXX site to see if they have a guide or youlube. It could be a standard XXX which could be easily replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread