Pokemon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
C

chip247

15 Mar 2012
?????????? can someone please explain to me ............... why??????? wtf is it for & why does each new release continue to get such critical acclaim???

who plays it????????

I think (apart from young kids) it's mostly my sort of age that play it due to some weird romanticised vision of their childhood when the first game came out, I don't really like them, used to when I was younger, look boring now.

ok i get that but why do reviewers rate them so high??? wtf

along with many games many reviewers have also lost quality.

There's one bit of being older and expecting something more, one bit referring to history and expecting something similar, one bit forgetting it's someone doing their own version of things and hype going to unexpected places.
Like movies so many are underrated and others so overrated.. with a grey mass in between. statistics, humans, opinions and media can get any result out of anything. it doesn't have to be the right or logical one.

original series were the bomb. Played the shit out of those while I was a kid.
Nowadays I feel like they dont even try anymore.

Can't play any of those games anymore though, They are simply numbers on a screen that change everytime you press a button. (damm you programming background)

edit - free pokemon related comic:

ZgVLU58.png

Last edited:
?????????? can someone please explain to me ............... why??????? wtf is it for & why does each new release continue to get such critical acclaim???

who plays it????????

ya i do XD

ok i get that but why do reviewers rate them so high??? wtf

its because of the games theme its hard to begin to explain but pokemons responds to how you treat them in the game. depending on how well you take care of them their happiness varies. now this response from the pokemons connected with the vast expanse of the universe and the diversity in it both for the pokemon species and the storylines witch lately has become a lot more complex compared to the old games is probably what creates the great reviews.

AW: Pokemon

I played and loved it as a kid, gameboy color was the shit. But the new pokemon, since 2008 or 2009 just look like someone puked on a blank piece of paper and draw circles and lines into it. This has nothing to do with the "real" pokemon in my view... But a few years ago these were my favourite games, even though the story was always the same. It was awesome to catch the legendary pokemon.
eg these [video=youtube;7rV8E6qT6dc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rV8E6qT6dc[/video] Really hard riddles for 8 yrs to get them with braille font and other stuff...

same as you medic, i'm reliving some of my childhood playing this game on my phone :D oh and i also had the trading cards as all the cool kids had them :cool::cool: lol

AW: Pokemon

But m8, have you ever played the trading card game as it was meant to be? :D We never knew the rules so we just branded them into glittering and normal cards to make the prices :D Do you remember a favourite pokemon? :D

Re: AW: Pokemon

But m8, have you ever played the trading card game as it was meant to be? :D We never knew the rules so we just branded them into glittering and normal cards to make the prices :D Do you remember a favourite pokemon? :D

well i have XD i think i got like 12 decks lol X_X

My son still has a rare charizard card (he's now 15 yrs) and keeps it as a memory but I never understood the magic of Pokemon - it did tear a hole in our wallets at the time :)

Our son (also 15) could never understand the hype with pokemon at the time and we couldn't understand completely why he didn't go with the hype. Prob with his problems he had other things to think about. He's very moneyconscious and makes me proud of how he has progressed.

now on 8th april he's coming to trainee at my work. so will see how that goes.

Re: AW: Pokemon

to be honest i can't remember if i did or didn't play the trading card game properly, i'm guessing i didn't and it boiled down to 'i'll trade you this shiny one for that shiny one' lol. fave pokemon? magicarp for it's fantastic splash attack lmao

I was never into pokemon . I was a magic the gathering fan and still have all my cards

Users who are viewing this thread