Perm Ban WTF!

dougieee

2 Sep 2013
Im not being funny, ive played on your server for quiet a while now, imagine my surprise when i get PERM BANNED for roof camping on kharg island, i mean jesus christ lads there are ALWAYS people up there.
Im not impressed with any admin that doesnt warn or even kick for first offense, regardless of the offense (unless straight hacking), that is just plain admin abuse.
Im loathe to apologise for something i wasnt even aware wasnt allowed but i will endeavor be the bigger man here

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de
the admin who banned you will respond here as soon as possbile.

first at all if you played a while on our server you should now the rules. also if you type !rules in game and that shows you "no camping from crane/roof" "no shooting from crane/roof". simple as that.

to say that there are always people on there is not really helpfull. you should think about that it would be "quite nice not to do the same shit as other". sometimes this is really helpfull.... also our admin are not there to handle all the guys how can´t play by the rules and search here own advantage to get easy kills. they will have a nice game too and not look about the other guy who don´t obey the rules and i know how often there is a warning every game not to shot from the roof.

however, the admin who banned you will give a response.

SWOZsnr

30 Aug 2013
As you will have seen ive posted on how much i enjoy your server especially Nosehair on TDM and before i go any further i have been part of and run Section18 clan with Dougieee for over six years so if you want you can call me biased but i say i'm fair!!!, i didnt know until tonight he had been banned for roof camping!!! but on kharg island just now we had spawn beacon on the roog and i used the high ground to my advantage and my message to all those complaining was that ive been on the low ground and planted a beacon at the rear of the building and taken it back and all i got was abuse which was hurtful and disgusting to which your Admin did Nothing only to tell me if i dont like it leave or be kicked!!! ok you say these are your rules which i'm good with, we all have rules, But isnt abuse against another player against your rules??? for your information i have had a server i enjoyed spoilt by bad admin tonight!!! Come this october i will be 61 and yes my Mother is dead but some on your server seemed to think it was funny saying i hope your mother dies!!! and to my knowledge i dont have cancer!!! sort your admin/members out boys!!! I WONT BE BACK

Last edited:

dougieee

2 Sep 2013
Cheers for getting my back swoz ;)
As ive said im willing to apologise to breaking a rule that im now aware of. And yes maybe i should have read the rules first but as i said i merely spawned on a beacon that had already been there a while and just naturally assumed it was ok.
My question... If you perm ban REGULAR gamers on your server for such a small infraction, how long before you get a bad reputation and no one bothers to seed it for you?
As swoz has said I run my own clan and have been a member of it for 6 years, im no stranger to the stress of admining a server, i just think something small was handled badly, thats all

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de
yes my Mother is dead but some on your server seemed to think it was funny saying i hope your mother dies!!! and to my knowledge i dont have cancer!!! sort your admin/members out boys!!!
i can´t believe that some of our admin saying that to you. so if you accouse some of NRU members about that than please say the name who should say this.

My question... If you perm ban REGULAR gamers on your server for such a small infraction, how long before you get a bad reputation and no one bothers to seed it for you?
As swoz has said I run my own clan and have been a member of it for 6 years, im no stranger to the stress of admining a server, i just think something small was handled badly, thats all
sorry, don´t reverse this thing and put it on the way of mad admining. thats never a good way to handle this things.

how i said before. wait for the admin who banned you can give you a response.

Sweney

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Maine
i just have to jump into this for a sec the problem with a warn and a kick is no one reads the warning and most people u kick just come back to do more of what they had been doing.A ban is easy if they want to come back into the server it gets sorted out here and not in the server where everyone can see. we have a reason to do it that way sometimes. but like the others say the one who banned u will respond to this when he sees it.

samoz83

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Unless I misread he didn't say admins said it, but that admins didn't do anything about it when it was said to him

chip247

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
If this happened last night then I think I caught the tail end of whatever was going on, I joined the server around 9ish & there were members of both sides abusing the no shooting from the roof rules so I gave a warning otherwise I would kick, unfortunately its a great deal easier to identify opponent's on the roof when you're getting sniped by them, but to say admin is biased towards there own team is a little unfair, I then kicked one player for continued rule breaking & warned several others but I didn't ban anyone? I don't consider it a banning issue unless it is repeated continually by the same player. I was the only admin on at that time so I don't know where the ban came from?
As for the abuse I think that happened just before I arrived therefore it is hard to admin something I hadn't witnessed, but rest assured I take any abuse of other players just as seriously as admin abuse.
We try hard to run a server that is fair & fun & we have a few rules that are conducive to the game being fair for everyone so we request that visitors to our server respect our rules.

dougieee

2 Sep 2013
As ive said, im more than wiling to apologise for breaking the roof camping rule, i didnt check because there were people up there already and just naturally assumed it was allowed.
I do like your TDM server and if the ban is lifted be assured i wont do it again.
My own opinion is that a perm ban for a first (small) offense is a little extreme, that is all.

Loeft1

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
Hi dougiee,

A PM (personal message) has been sent to the admin responsible to alert him of the fact there is something that needs his attention.
But seeing as he might be at work or otherwise engaged it can take some time for him to reply.
If he doesn't within the next 24 hours the heads of the clan will make a decision without him.
I'm not going to speculate to much but if its just for you shooting from the roof (once) I don't see why a perm ban would be needed.
So please bear with us while we try and get all the info needed.

sordids

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
locked up in lakaelo shed
Hi dougiee,

A PM (personal message) has been sent to the admin responsible to alert him of the fact there is something that needs his attention.
But seeing as he might be at work or otherwise engaged it can take some time for him to reply.
If he doesn't within the next 24 hours the heads of the clan will make a decision without him.
I'm not going to speculate to much but if its just for you shooting from the roof (once) I don't see why a perm ban would be needed.
So please bear with us while we try and get all the info needed.
But surely any admin must always be ready to reply if he chooses to ban a player. correct ?

mszoff

15 Mar 2012
How often am I supposed to warn? Sometime I also have enough, and then the roof / the crane is emptied. If then again people think they do not have to follow the rules, then there is a warning that the next one will be banned. Sometimes to help reading!

SWOZsnr

30 Aug 2013
Unless I misread he didn't say admins said it, but that admins didn't do anything about it when it was said to him
Yes this is correct and i apologise if it looked like i was saying Admin said it to me this is not true it was Joe public saying it and someone did say that was a bit harsh and he should apologise but no apology was forth coming and the person who was abusing me was still on when i left your server.

I'm also sorry i didnt make notes of names times etc but like ive said ive done this for over 6 years on our server and when i go on someone elses server i leave it all up to the admin of that server to do the hard work :) one thing i would never do is disrespect another player or admin of that server as that would show our clan in a bad light, I know how hard it is to Admin BF3 since they made it more Call of Duty ish!!! and this is just one of the reasons i am standing down and packing the clan life in before BF4 arrives and hopefully this game will be fun for a solo player

On a lighter note S18 is a clan for more mature players (not all as old as me:) ) but having said that SORDIDS your avatar and Sig would not get passed by me to go on a section viewable by the public :D:D I may nick them tho for later use lol

Last edited:

Sweney

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Maine
We are older players who play for fun.we have some people in their twenties but the majority of us are in our thirties or older.we try to run a fun server but like u said admin ing a server is pretty tough at Times.

dougieee

2 Sep 2013
i just have to jump into this for a sec the problem with a warn and a kick is no one reads the warning and most people u kick just come back to do more of what they had been doing.A ban is easy if they want to come back into the server it gets sorted out here and not in the server where everyone can see. we have a reason to do it that way sometimes. but like the others say the one who banned u will respond to this when he sees it.
Whilst i can see the validity of this, from a non clan member point of view its a little unfair to tarnish everyone with the same brush.
A perm ban though for what is essentially a first (and small) infraction is harsh. As i said there were already people up there, i wrongly assumed it was allowed.
Rest assured if the ban is lifted it wont happen again as i pride myself and my clan on their conduct whilst on other peoples servers.