Our labrador dogs www.mayfieldgarden.de

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sascha, I am glad to hear that Sandra is sleeping next to her.
You both are the experts, so you will be extremely well prepared for the impending whelping.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed not only for Luna but for all of you. :)

Sad about the ones who didn't make it but wonderful puppies on the pics, the cat is looking very interested :)

yes, its sad but normal. 10-15% of puppies were born dead or dieing short after birth. the first one "stuck" over a half hour so it was nearly clear he can´t get it. but we are very lucky to have 5 living and healthy puppies.

mausy ( the cat ) is looking the hole day what happened there and now she is falling asleep at nearly every place she is sitting lol the other fat cat ( fuffie ) was only looking the first minutes than she probably thought "you can kiss my ass" and now she is sleeping for hours. lmao

Would have thought it would be a case of letting Luna do the work and being there for support but the photos shows it is much more hands on. Hope everything continues to go well.

Honestly, I am so sorry for the two of the little ones that didn’t make it. :(

Although it’s rather sad, it’s good to focus all the attention on the healthy puppies who are alive and kicking.
I hope everything is fine with the other whelps who are on the verge of being born.

Well done, Luna... brave girl. :)

felicitation Luna and nice job of nurse Sandra ;-) , very beautiful pictures laka the link :)

Last edited:
lak how much would it cost to get a dog sent to the states?

Excellent Lakey...gorgeous litter.

Have you got buyers lined up? or are you keeping some of the pups..

I paid £650 2 years ago for my chocolate Lab bitch,so breeding can be a lucrative business

yes, we plan to take one of the bitches for ourself. waiting how they grow up and if there is one, good enough to stay because sandra will take one for breeding too.

just at the first view it is all a lot of money you pay for a good dog/puppy with a good and healthy lineage. here is germany you pay 1200 to 1400.- € for a pup. this sounds like a lot of money ( ok it is lol ) but you also have to see what you get for that. all pups are doc checked, LCD ( labrador club deutschland ) checked, vaccinated, microchipped and dewormed. but the biggest point and that was the main point for us as we looking at our first dog, you can be sure you have a healthy lineage. so the chance your dog get/have have any deseases like hip dysplasia, ellbow dysplasia or other typical labrador illness is low. just the operation at one HD site costs around 2000.- € to make you dog a liveable live.

not to talk about all the requirement you have to do for the LCD and all the fee´s you have to pay. there comes some breed inspector from the LCD out to us to see how we living and if we have the room and konditions to breed LCD labradors. even you have to show you "room" for the puppies. ( 12m² inside and 25m² enclosure for mother and puppies )
oh and alone the mating fee was 1000.- € :nurse: lol we paid a lot of bills before and i was not keeping a record but i bet we spent around 3000.- € till now. not talking about the price of luna and all the checkups and requirements we had to do with her.

however, all i can say that this are hard first days to get your puppies on the way of live and guess there are easier ways to earn money:)

Users who are viewing this thread