our ban list :)

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de
maybe interessting for some of us. this is our pbbans banlist from all servers. all guys got banned on NRU server and so we got 526 bans now. not bad but if you realise we have 4-5 bans on one day sometimes you can imagine how many cheater are running around in that games.

however, we can be glad that we streaming to pbbans and got over 500 cheaters out our games. :banned:

PBBans | MBi - View Team Bans - Page 1

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
526 seems a small number but any cheat detection is always going to be positive.

I've turned on God mode when playing Doom and Quake to get through an awkward level but the only person I've been cheating is myself. I've started late in BF games so my experience is far behind a lot of people but you do learn stuff all the time and slowly get better. I also put a lot of time (far too much according to my wife who's hands seem to always have a PS3 controller in them when she plays games) playing which builds experience. What I'm getting to is why do people use cheats in a game like BF? What do you get out of cheating in such a game. Yes, you can rack up high scores, get promoted quick and so on but from a game point of view how much fun is that? I've had a look at the web sites selling the cheats and all seem to be aimed at folk who want to play but not acquire any skill in the process. Watching YouTube videos by any of the well known contributors will help your game providing you look, learn and put the information into practice. With such a wide range of skills required you need to concentrate on one skill and build on that. Long time players have a lot of general experience that can be transferred from BF to BF2 to BF3 to BF4.

Also, asking other players for help is useful too and doesn't cost anything either. There are loads of people willing to help others and they outweigh the cheaters and dicks that are also around.

I really dislike cheaters but I really hate the bullies, racists, misogynists and homophobes that troll the game. They do more damage to a gaming than people with an active cheat. On BF4 recently, I haven't seen much (if any) comments when playing on the BF4 server. Playing on some other servers makes my skin crawl when you see the comments and abuse in the chat. I'm normally quiet on other servers as it avoids adding fuel to some of the trolling dicks. However, when you get someone being a dick I've found that saying "At least we are not you!" seems to quieten them for a while.

I am now going to click the "Post Quick Reply" button! There should be a "Post the rant you have just had" button. :)

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de
He's talking about this PBBans | MSi - View Server (81-19-208-28-25220)

Can someone try running pb_sv_update in the pb part of the console and then pb_sv_ver (after waiting enough time for the update to run) and post here what versions they are?

WTF is that?? i run the PB update on all server last time just this morning because all server was epmpty. so why it is outdating?? or had GD missed to update there serverfiles??

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de
All the BF3 servers are outdated, the latest is v1.893

i like the "helpfull" answer from our hoster we got always.

hey guys,can some of you have an eye on the punkbuster update on our server. there must be a new version out there. i made a update over the CP this morning but it still said PB is outdated.

----------------------------
IP Address: 87.154.71.54
Andy Wood
Staff 11/07/2014 11:58
Hi Steve

PB is touchy like that, we run the PBupdate tools from the remote desktop normally or you can run "pb_sv_update" from rcon.

Any problems let us know the IP/port so we know what game we are talking about.

Regards,
Andy Wood
Director
GamingDeluxe Ltd.

samoz83

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Well we can use remote desktop can we, as it runs BF3/4 so it's locked down.

samoz83

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Remote desktop is logging into the machine remotely and seeing a desktop etc, we have to use the control panel only due to EA requiring that their server files can't be accessed so we're not allowed to remote in and lost a load of control.

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de
Remote desktop is logging into the machine remotely and seeing a desktop etc, we have to use the control panel only due to EA requiring that their server files can't be accessed so we're not allowed to remote in and lost a load of control.

ah, ok.

now they had updated pb.

All done for you, via the PBUpdate tool.

Regards,
Andy Wood
Director
GamingDeluxe Ltd.

but i aks why it will not work over the CP lol that stupid