Open Beta October 6th - 9th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
As Strawberry says, time moves on and there isn't much point just making another BF4. I think the problem is that they were giving the impression that they were going back to their roots with this one. It doesn't feel like they have though. Even w(en looking at videos of game play done on presumably decent PCs It looks a bit cartoon like because of the colour palette they have used - like over processing a picture on your phone. That era should be the same as BF3 or 4 or even 2 but putting crap like the tornado in it just seems like a gimmick. The destruction in BF4 was about right and appropriate.

I tried the jet and it felt like flying when playing on the PS4 not like in BF4 or even 1 and 5. Yes it is a beta, but why put out such a buggy version of it to presumably test high volumes of players though? The number of players on the BF4 server suggests that a lot of people don't have the hardware to run it or it isn't as engaging as previous betas.

You can get a drone and put C5 on it though!

View attachment trim.E5B204DE-1D0D-4F98-9978-C3751440EC75.MOV

Reactions: lakaelo
As Strawberry says, time moves on and there isn't much point just making another BF4. I think the problem is that they were giving the impression that they were going back to their roots with this one. It doesn't feel like they have though. Even w(en looking at videos of game play done on presumably decent PCs It looks a bit cartoon like because of the colour palette they have used - like over processing a picture on your phone. That era should be the same as BF3 or 4 or even 2 but putting crap like the tornado in it just seems like a gimmick. The destruction in BF4 was about right and appropriate.

I tried the jet and it felt like flying when playing on the PS4 not like in BF4 or even 1 and 5. Yes it is a beta, but why put out such a buggy version of it to presumably test high volumes of players though? The number of players on the BF4 server suggests that a lot of people don't have the hardware to run it or it isn't as engaging as previous betas.

You can get a drone and put C5 on it though!

View attachment 14374
oooh that drone + c5 tactic is gonna give us some great battlefield clips xD

With the spiderman attachment you can get almost anywhere. Will it therefore be the first glitch free BF? 🤣 Of course not.

• Haha
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was sure something about the Sensitivity/Aiming in this game was off and it’s nice to see some confirmation. My aim was absolutely shite. Jump back to BF4 and everything was fine….

What would be interesting would be if you all could give the spec of your PCs and how the game ran (not what you thought of the game). Would give us with older PCs an indication of what sort of upgrade we would need to do.

For me (as listed above) as a baseline

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz SKT1155 6MB, 16gb RAM GTX 1050 Ti
To make it playable graphics was set to low and resolution was 1280 × 720. Not sure what the frame rate was but it was headache inducing.

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6x 3.40GHz (OCd to 4,0 GHz)
GTX 1070 Ti
16 GB RAM

Settings:
Chromatic Abbertaion - Off
Motion Blur - Off
Film Grain - Off
Vignette - Off
Lense-Distortion - Off
Antialiasing - Low
Ambient occlusion - Off
Dynamic Resolution Scale - Off (This is supposedly helpful to turn on if you struggle to get 60 FPS)
Reflex Low Latency - Enabled
Future FRame Rendering - Off
Verticla Sync - Off
High fidelity objects amount - Off
FOV - 20 (The slider is broken, so a 20 here is around a 90 as it is in BF4)

Set these once and did not change them afterwards.

I used the following settings in the beginning:

Texture quality: High
Texture filtering: High
Lighting quality: High
Effects quality: High
Post process quality: High
Mesh quality: High
Terrain quality: High
Undergrowth quality: High

which resulted in FPS between 55 and 60 in 80% of cases with dips into the medium 40s at times when the screen was busy. I then changed these seetings as follows:

Texture quality: Medium
Texture filtering: Medium
Lighting quality: Medium
Effects quality: Medium
Post process quality: Medium
Mesh quality: Medium
Terrain quality: Medium
Undergrowth quality: Medium

With these settings I was between 60 and 75 most of the time and didn't drop below 60

Last edited:
Reactions: glenwilson
i can be really helpfull in that case.... :D

• one of the pc upstairs = around 70 fps. no clue what settings, just switched it on :D
  • laptop upstairs = between 70-80 fps. also no clue what settings, just switched it on. :D
  • my pc at the office with vega11 onboard = around 25 fps. switching everything off or at low what looks like it will influence the performance.
  • laptop with vega8 never tried lol because it looking at me like "don´t kill me with that"
  • work laptop installed beta yesterday and than realised its not working anymore today. so also never tried. :D

CPU Ryzen 3800X @ 4375Mhz (water cooled)
Ram 16Ghz @ 3600Mhz
GTX 1080Ti 11Ghz ram (air cooled)
OS + Game on a 980pro M.2 1tb
BF2042 running on Ultra for everything 80fps

Not changed any of the settings in the game as I dont really have a clue what most of them do, except the mouse setting for the helicopter, when I want to go up it dives and I want to dive and it goes up, not sure if it
is fixed as I haven't flown one since.

I haven't played but i've seen some vids and spawns placement in the tall building is kinda bad. It should not be right on the top. Other spawns should also be replaced not right in the open and almost next to the burning flag area.
Also really don't like the fact that the game literally tells you how many enemies are in the flag... that's soo close to cheating and one step away from telling you where they are... but maybe that s just me exaggerating stuff.

So far but the game looks fun and for sure more appealing than bfv.

Last edited:

Damn I am hot!

The vid below sort of demonstrates how much time they must have spent just on details and lighting effects. Some of those may be missing from BF4 but it doesn't make it less immersive when you are playing. The grass in both still looks a bit chunky when up close. It feels like the look is more important to the actual game. A lot of very old games are still playable despite being 8bit because the fundamental game was right.

It also makes you wonder how many sales they will miss out on because people will need to upgrade their PC. Judging by the hardware above I probably could spend £500 and get a PC which would be OK to play it on. My PC does everything I need it to do and can play BF4 on Ultra though usually just play on medoium as there seem to be no advantage of ultra in practical terms.

My final thoughts on 4 hours of BF2042, its 70% CoD and 30% BF. There is so much in BF4 scattered around like old suitcases, burnt out vehicles, crates, drums, the list is endless. BF2042 just feels very sterile with nothing,
its like going to a store and look at a fitted kitchen (2042) and then you see that same kitchen in a home (BF4). Even after playing BF4 for years Im still seeing/finding things I hadn't seen before, those are the little things
that give it character and are missing. BF 2042 feels like a game where you put your coin in a slot in an arcade and play until you get "GAME OVER".
The one thing that confused me was the helicopters flying and then drop out of the sky then shoot up again like teleporting, WTF is that about ? not sure if that is what was happening or it was a problem my end with
the viewing, didn't see or feel it when I was in the helicopter, something is not right 🤷‍♂️.
So there you have it, not what I was expecting/hoping for but it is different and not at all related to BF4.

ps: does have a lot of places to go camping ⛺

It felt like someone was trying to make a hero shooter and at the last minute tried to pivot to Battlefield

It felt like someone was trying to make a hero shooter and at the last minute tried to pivot to Battlefield
oh, this is a good description how i felt that too. :unsure: (y) its really lsomething like that and it looks for me like there was some studiodeveloping a modern first person shooter and afterclose before they finished that, EA was coming around and said "oh, nice this could be our next battlefield, just put a handfull old battlefields things ingame too so it looks a bit more like the franchise."

compared what they told us before "..back to the basic....remember the old battlefield spirit...we listen to what the community wanted" ITS ALL BULLSHIT AGAIN... :mooning: :mooning: :mad::mad::mad:

• totally new soldier classes
  • totally new weapon management
  • totally different vehicle usement
  • totally different flying vehicle usement/stearing

ok, all impressions coming from a beta, by the way this beta still feels like a pre pre alpha lol, but again, for me there was no feeling that i just playing "the new battlefield" but rather playing some new rondom shooter.

All they had to do was fix the complaints of BF V and set it in near modern-day setting....

I don't understand how DICE can keep screwing up so badly

Edit: maybe this is why Battlefield 2042's Troubled Development and Identity Crisis

Seems portal will be the only mode I'll be playing:

DICE LA saving the day like normal

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread