Open Beta October 6th - 9th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Was watching some live play. Reminded me of BFV the way you choose the spawn site. Comparing it to COD game play seems to have similar styling. The tornado just looks like a variation of the behemoth in BF1.

It has the look of an arcade game or Final Fantasy rather than something with realistic intentions. Of course it is just a game but even in BF4 in most cases the physics and movement isn't distracting.

Will have a go on Friday if my PC can play it and maybe have a better idea. Not sure I would pay the £50 at the moment.

Reactions: Riot_co
This is CoD... So bad mechanics.

-Recomended settings: Quantum Computer
-Graphics are the same as mobile games, cartoon colors.
-No recoil
-Vehicle and specially helis behave as CoD Warzone we can pilot them with a smartphone, a deplorabler experience...
-Ground vehicles behave like CoD warzone
-No meaningful air vehicle collison
-No building destruction
-Slugish feel overall
-Sound completely non emersive

and i havent tested that much, 90% of the time was with NRU's bugging out the beta and laughing about how bad it is.

I rate this game 1 potato out of 2042 jackhammers

Last edited:
Reactions: lakaelo and samoz83
If you guys want to test without spending much money, get EA Play (normal) 4€ and you have access to the beta.
ofc many things are going to be fixed, and this beta is based on an older state of the game, but at least you may experience the mechanics, and that is something that's not gonna change from beta to final.

Reactions: lakaelo
Who here wants to play as an old lady? :D

OK, got EA play for a month just to try this a bit early in case it was busy tomorrow. Yep my PC ran it which was a surprise especially set to ultra!. Not bad for an 8 year old PC. To get a semi-playable frame rate I did have to use the
800x600
setting.

Now I accept that that is far from ideal so I may not have had the best experience. It feels like an evolution of BF1/V and it if it is meant to have gone back to Battlefield roots then they need to do a DNA test because I would question the parents of this. It feels and looks like a console game to me. Not sure it is worth spending the sort of money I would need to upgrade my PC for this.

OK, got EA play for a month just to try this a bit early in case it was busy tomorrow. Yep my PC ran it which was a surprise especially set to ultra!. Not bad for an 8 year old PC. To get a semi-playable frame rate I did have to use the
800x600
setting.

Now I accept that that is far from ideal so I may not have had the best experience. It feels like an evolution of BF1/V and it if it is meant to have gone back to Battlefield roots then they need to do a DNA test because I would question the parents of this. It feels and looks like a console game to me. Not sure it is worth spending the sort of money I would need to upgrade my PC for this.
ppl with RTX 3080 are not above 100fps if they play 1440p

• Wow
Current PC (so wasn't really expecting much) is:

MSI Z77MA-G45 Motherboard (Intel Z77)
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz SKT1155 6MB
16gb RAM
GTX 1050 Ti

just starting the download. a sign popuping up on my screen and my pc was asking "wtf you trying to do there?" :D

btw...normaly when a new bf open beta is starting, the server was only halffull and all other EA title are laggy and crashing. this time, server is in good mood and full. we will see what this means.

It is easy to say I don't like something because it is different, and it is a beta, and so on. I didn't see anything that is making me seriously upgrade my PC for. That map is huge so having 128 players on that map isn't so bad as they all seem spread out. It honestly took about five minutes before I could see anyone to shoot at. I did actually manage to kill a few folk too! Did try the attack heli and that felt so different from BF4. It just felt too easy to fly - sort more like pointing it rather than flying it. BF4 heli behaves like you would expect it to but this one didn't. Again, I appreciate that this is a beta and code that should be quote old compared to the release code but I would expect the launch to be typical - still quite buggy. I do feel disappointed in what I saw after the hints it was going to be more Battlefield like.

Reactions: lakaelo and Riot_co
First of all - my potato computer can't run any graphic settings that run smooth and look good together.. yet
My impressions did not change very much after trying it myself. Lots of new stuf that we don't like to see changed. Why change what worked well back then? Because the time goes. How could we think we will get our new BF4. BF4 was not what what BF2 used to be. BF2084 will not be what 2042 used to be and so on. Old farts must deal with it ( I'm part of that group, I also dreamed about refreshed BF4 )
Anyway...
I don't care about bugs etc... they will get fixed in moths (eventually years lol) The game overall looks pretty cool imho even on my potatoish setup
What I absolutely love is sound and visual effects (except some "cartoon" stuff) First when jet went over my head and crashed into the building next to me, the visuals and the sound of it was just wow. Explosions - masterpiece. Even vehicles look pretty good. I had the "death from above feeling" when helos were above, probably even better then in other bf's, but it is because of the good sound and visuals together. I also like the map design so far.
The gameplay itself seems good to me, not talking much about details, cuz I did not spend that much time in, but I'm sure the game will be tons of fun.
On the other hand :
  • forgive me, but the player movement is pure shit, just look at it, it does not look any good. Unnatural
  • bare faces look cringe ( btw why are there raindrops on the screen when the character has no glasses on? )
  • "HYEAH" with every jump. Annoying
  • some objects are repeating way too much, just like those moveable stairs everywhere.
  • the 3rd person killcam totally ruins the good feeling of stabbing someone
  • even killing someone does not feel that victorious, when you only get small remark on the screen. Compare it with BF1 and V headshots.
So far, playing this game strongly reminds me of playing Planetside 2
It is not the Battlefield we used to play, but definitely fun and looking good, except the player movement, which is my n1 problem with the game.

Played couple rounds and the beta build was not very enjoyable with my PC. I managed to get eventually aboyt 40-60fps but the drops and stutters were very annoying when shooting an enemy. I have i5 9400f CPU, rtx 2060 super and 16 GB memory so it should be enough. I believe they will get the game work better on the launch build so i wont be cancelling my order. Otherwise it seems fun game but cant say really anything from just beta. Cant wait to see actual weapon progressions etc.

Uploading short sniper gameplay into youtube at the moment and will link it here when its ready so anyone interested can see. ^^

Some sniping in the BETA with lowest possible settings. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think it wrong that any class can spawn with a sniper rifle. The funny bit was the first time I played the game, tried all the weapons including sniper rifle but didnt know to press T to equip a scope,
so was sniping using iron sights :ROFLMAO:

This whole game feels so sluggish. Jets dealing no damage. Meh.

Sluggish describes it really well. Just hopped back into BF4 and everything, especially the movement is so much more fluid and smooth

Reactions: We4re0ne
The map from down under looks awesome. At least there is water so that you can swim around while watching enemies from below.

Users who are viewing this thread