ocz customer support

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
C

chip247

15 Mar 2012
well as much as an ssd dying on me is a pain in the ass i have to commend ocz on there customer support, my ssd has been replaced with a new one within 1 week of me reporting the problem. i had the drive for 18 months so the 3 year warranty they provide has proved to be excellent.

yeah am thinking of upgrading for bigger capacity 60gb isnt enough

glad you got it replaced fast, chip.

laka > i don't trust the kingston ssds.. what you think of corsair ssds? i haven't seen or heard of so many brands on the ssds yet. no WD or seagate? not investigated them so much.

Intel have the highest standards in ssd drives that no one else can match ok..
Not saying there the fastest but reliability they are
Watched a TV program not so long ago on tech and how Intel tests there ssd compared to all other manufactures and no one comes close to them.....

Last edited:
i just love your sig andy, makes me want strawberries.......

but back on topic i am tempted to get a crucial 128gb drive going on customer reviews more than anything! i like when people give really in depth reviews that they update some months on.. i think you get honest feedback this way, never sure about review websites because so often the wankers advertising budget is swollen by the very companies they give 5*** ratings to.

oh & the crucial drive also has 3 year warranty

i just love your sig andy, makes me want strawberries.......

but back on topic i am tempted to get a crucial 128gb drive going on customer reviews more than anything! i like when people give really in depth reviews that they update some months on.. i think you get honest feedback this way, never sure about review websites because so often the wankers advertising budget is swollen by the very companies they give 5*** ratings to.

oh & the crucial drive also has 3 year warranty

so true, since some time i mostly compare the price and not at least the ratings on amazon. this guys there a really "open" with the reviews and bought my last samsung ssd mostly because the are only positive feedbacks, nearly.
http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-Series...6661068&sr=8-1&keywords=samsung+ssd+840+120gb

compare this with the ocz. nearly half of the reviews talking from "not detected sdd in bios" error and lost all data.
http://www.amazon.de/Vertex2-OCZSSD...platte/dp/B003NE5JCO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Id just like to add theres me spouting on about intel and i have 2 OCZ drives Gasp!

Vertex 2 2.5" @ 240GB
Vertex 4 3.5" @ 260GB i think

Ive had no problems but im concerned about all the bad reviews coming out on them but i made my choice so
I also would like to add ive updated bios on vertex 2 many times without a problem with OCZ Toolbox.
But i will not try it on Vertex 4 because of data loss issues

Best to make backups andy. Just in case.

Anyone with experience of the corsair ones? I think the brand itself is solid but what do the ssd fannies say? Lol.

yeah thats what happened to mine, working fine one day next day not detected in bios! luckily i really only had o/s on there due to the small size so no major data loss just gotta go through the whole re-install bullshit again

yeah thats what happened to mine, working fine one day next day not detected in bios! luckily i really only had o/s on there due to the small size so no major data loss just gotta go through the whole re-install bullshit again

thats what i mean and why i compare the reviews. lol nothing more annoying as lost some data from hd and than trying to got it back.

Users who are viewing this thread