Nru Bf1 Clan Server

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
not long anymore and the rental server program will released and i think its time to think about which way we go with that.

the current infos about the rental server you can find behind that link:
Battlefield 1 Rental Server Program

as long as not the minority of the clan is not playing the game this is not the easy decision as in the last released. so we have to talk about how we handle this.

1. should we rent a clan server at all?
My current opinion is to get one for a month ( 40.- € ) to see how it is to play on our own and if there is more fun to play with the clan mates. on the other hand i fear, that if there is no admin, than we will get running over from insultiing and cheating idiots. so in my eyes the baseline to do this is that we have admin on the server to kick or ban player. if not, there will be no different to the current EA server and so no need to have a own.

after this month we could see if it is worth to have our own BF1 server.

i guess it is clear that we stay with our BF4 server also because lot us us playing it and its running just well atm. this means also that we have to think about if we can handle both server because this will nearly double our monthly cost to around ( 80.- € ).

please share you opinions and let us discuss what we should do. also non NRU members feel free to post your comments :)

Whats the point of having your own sever if you cant do what you want to do. ie kick / ban / reserved slots ect I mean thats the whole point in paying the money ffs its your server.

Whats the point of having your own sever if you cant do what you want to do. ie kick / ban / reserved slots ect I mean thats the whole point in paying the money ffs its your server.

i think the same and i hope this will be release soon and at that point we have to know if we will try our own server or not. if they will not release this features than i think they can go with there servers to hell. lol

Reactions: Clifford
BF1 at the moment is not an enjoyable experience. Not sure if that is the game itself or the servers and other people we play with (as in those on random servers) to be honest. I think it needs an update patch urgently that will fix a lot of what people are moaning about.

Based on the current indications of what can and cannot be done I'm not sure there is any real value in renting without having appropriate admin control. The number of suspect players indicates that external cheat detection is really needed (though there seemed to be another tranche of FairPlay bans yesterday). Yes we still get a few idiots on the BF4 server but it general most are pretty respectful so there isn't a lot of work to be done. When you do get someone being a dick you need to be able to deal with them. If EA/Dice are happy with cheats, racist, homophobes, filling up chat with abusive comments that is up to them but I find it surprising that there isn't some sort of auto admin looking after that stuff. The plug-ins we have prove that it can be effective.

However, it would probably worth trying one for a short period to see if that makes a difference to playing the game.

Reactions: lakaelo
I love Battlefield 1, just sad a lot of players insult you whenever you kill them.. But that's life, I guess...

Try your own server, and see how it goes. ;-)

I love Battlefield 1, just sad a lot of players insult you whenever you kill them.. But that's life, I guess...

Try your own server, and see how it goes. ;-)

There are loads of players that are constantly making hackusations when you kill them. Sometimes I feel left out when they don't accuse me! :)

On our server, if anyone makes an accusation then an admin will check the player concerned. If someone is constantly making unfounded accusations then they will be dealt with too. Us admins like to play and not have to do checks on players.

Having suitable anti-cheat or language etc. plugins which can be trusted or the ability to kick or ban players who are abusive or cheating is a fundamental reason for having a rented server. Tailoring things to suit members preferences is up there too.

This is the first time I play a game of the BF series from the release on - but hasn't there always been a bad start for BF and it took time to sort it out?

I went back to BF4 for now even though I like BF1. But on some servers you feel like a worm in a barn full of chickens, and as EA says, "One of the top requested features if the Kick/Ban feature. We hear you and are working on rolling that out after the launch of the RSP." So until that works I wont play regularily and then I will look for a decent server.

Still, no procon for sure, as they say. But I'll throw in some cash for the first month and I'm looking forward to what it will show!

well i can wait till more Clan mates join the game with a server of our own, i can also wait till custom games mode comes out :p we got bf4 to wank at if we want to :p

Actually got the domination medal the other day by playing, surprisingly, domination. Felt a bit strange playing in leather and with a ball gag and collar but actually enjoyed the rounds. Didn't feel as though there were many folk cheating and there was more team and squad play than I have seen playing in other modes.

Reactions: BruceWillii
sounds good. maybe i should give domination mode a try too.
i am really sick of not getting revived for a whole round or screaming for ammo for 10 minutes or being in a squad where noone cares about or gives orders.

Tried the domination mode again yesterday and whilst there were a few playing on their own it was generally more squad/team oriented. The maps seem a bit more suited to it too whereas TDM hasn't got the fun that a quick round in BF4 has.

I think you are spot on with your medal comments - the format does make for selfish gameplay. When there was the medic medal you couldn't stop without someone trying to revive you. Last week it was stationary weapons getting the action. In BF4 most of the assignments were something you could do yet still help the team.

Reactions: BruceWillii
It isn't perfect but a decent compromise if you do want to play BF1. A lot of the weapon issues are diminished because of the smaller maps and you have to work together as it is hard to take a flag on your own. :)

Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread