Newtab.club ( Can you help ? )

• Thread starter StrrawberryA
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
StrrawberryA

StrrawberryA

DMRs are war crime
NRU Member
7 Jan 2021
South Bohemia
Good afternoon gents..
I currently have a problem with an adware stuff called "newtab.club". I does not look so dangerous (and according to some forums it is not) but it is still a problem. Opening new tab in Firefox opens this "newtab.club" (as you can see it in the pic below) First thing I did was to check the addons and other stuff in Firefor, but nothing was in there. I uninstalled and removed all the programs that were suspicious to me, but one of them remained. Its called YoutubeAdBlock, but I dont use any adblocks and I also found out in some forums that it is the one causing this "newtab.club". I tried to uninstall this YoutubeAdBlock, but it has the error of missing nonsense.dll (pic below) So I tried to remove the folder according to the missing dll path (also removed another "like f54d54gdg4d" suspicious folders) in my ProgramFiles(86x) also did some registry stuff done, but Im not 100% sure which keys were connected to it. Im only sure that the problem was made 2.3. 2021 and I deleted all the keys of this day. The YoutubeAdBlock, which is causing the newtab.club is still there (the Firefox desktop shortcut has no such order to start both in it). Malwarebytes nor Avast can find it. Can you help? :unsure:
Pic1 Pic2

For now I got rid of the newtab.club by disabling it in the "F12" browser setup. But the YoutubeAdBlock program is still there

Have you tried using ADWcleaner? It's a pretty powerful antimalware made by MalwareByte (to be downloaded from the malwarebyte site to avoid installing something wrong )

Try to uninstall YoutubeAdBlock when all your programs are closed and check that you don't have firefox open in the background (with the task manager).

Reactions: StrrawberryA
first, watch in your autostart if there is any program your not know.

open Task-Manager with strg+alt+del ->chhose taskmanager. in taskmanager tick the autostart at tthe menu. there you can DEACTIVATE any programs you not know or not know what they are doing. first deactivating because you can see what happened. if all is going well, you can delete them as well.

also have a look at the firefox settings. there you have a option which page should be shown in new tabs. at the moment it looks like you have still this crap website written there. just put some other website in the and the newtab-club should be gone.

run malwarebytes to start with. should recognize pieces of shit like that :) If you still find nothing, try one of the state of the art antivirus softwares like F-Secure wich i personally use.

Malwarebytes did not find anything as I said before, but I tried again as you guys adviced, but still nothing. ADWcleaner found something in registry, did the work. But the YoutubeAdBlock program was still there. As I said, the newtab.club does not open now since I unallowed it somehow in the "F12 console". So looks like no problem in the browser now. Anyway, the YoutubeAdBlock was still there. There is/was no problem with new page setup - This malware probably works other way - It does not open the newtab.club immediately, the "+" button opens classic new tab, the list of pages, but like about cca 0,5 sec after it changes itself into newtab.club page. It looked like all the stuff I did before slowed the process of changing the new tab into newtab.club a bit.
There was nothing suspicious in the task manager.
Since I found the path to the program parts and deleted them all, then cleaned the registry myself and by ADWcleaner then, I hope it is gone. It was inactive after i used the f12 console after all so I cant tell if the adware still worked after the second registry cleaning by ADW, but YoutubeAdBlock was still visible between programs. And it couldnt be unistalled coz of the missing dll, as I wrote before. I used Absolute Uninstaller to get rid of the program in the list. Now the question is why Windows still showed the program and that is what I cannot explain. Was it just the remaining path to it's uninstall, which was not deleted just bcs i did not uninstall it properly, or is there still some part of it in my PC ?
Thank you very much for your advices ! This service better be charged ! :cock:

Last edited:
Malwarebytes did not find anything as I said before, but I tried again as you guys adviced, but still nothing. ADWcleaner found something in registry, did the work. But the YoutubeAdBlock program was still there. As I said, the newtab.club does not open now since I unallowed it somehow in the "F12 console". So looks like no problem in the browser now. Anyway, the YoutubeAdBlock was still there. There is/was no problem with new page setup - This malware probably works other way - It does not open the newtab.club immediately, the "+" button opens classic new tab, the list of pages, but like about cca 0,5 sec after it changed itself into newtab.club page. It looked like all the stuff I did before slowed the process of changing the new tab into newtab.club a bit.
There was nothing suspicious in the task manager.
Since I found the path to the program parts and deleted them all, then cleaned the registry myself and by ADWcleaner then, I hope it is gone. It was inactive after i used the f12 console after all so I cant tell if the adware still worked after the second registry cleaning by ADW, but YoutubeAdBlock was still visible between programs. And it couldnt be unistalled coz of the missing dll, as I wrote before. I used Absolute Uninstaller to get rid of the program in the list. Now the question is why Windows still showed the program and that is what I cannot explain. Was it just the remaining path to its uninstall, which was not deleted just bcs i did not uninstall it properly, or is there still some part of it in my PC ?
Thank you very much for your advices ! This service better be charged ! :cock:
I'd imagine there is technically something left, not especially the malware part but something in the registry/on the file system making windows think it's still there. (I've had the same happen with some programs I removed not using the uninstaller). Also, 'cos Windows is stinky butts and really annoying 😂

I use Ccleaner (free version) which takes care of the registry finding missing or broken links, uninstalling and clean ups + start up, so I dont have anything on start up, its all disabled. If you need to use something
it will start anyway so why have it running in the background from startup. Try CCleaner its free and if you dont get on with it delete it. Been using it for years with no probs.

Reactions: dcyper

Users who are viewing this thread