New Server Rule

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
I have added a new rule, 6 in the list below just to give us the discretionary action if we have someone with mad vehicle skills. Quite often a player's k/d will be less than 2 but they can be good in a heli. We can a least point them to the rule.

I don't mean for it to be ever used against anyone in NRU/NRUF.

1. No Baserape.
  2. No Racism.
  3. Don´t shoot IN or OUT the fixed Base.
  4. Don´t shoot IN or OUT the redzone.
  5. Be civil to ALL players - abuse is not tolerated
  6. Excessive vehicle kills may result in a kill or kick
  7. Don´t wank in a Tank.

I know we have regulars and friends with skills (I dream of a 5 second SUAV recycle time 😬) but there have been more recently that appear rack up a ton of kills and never see again.

Reactions: lakaelo
Looks like im under fire too then... my vehicle killstreaks often go up to 20-25 before dying and then getting same shit all over again.

Looks like im under fire too then... my vehicle killstreaks often go up to 20-25 before dying and then getting same shit all over again.

Nah. I was only thinking of random players going like 75:0 in a heli when the server isn't that full and players are leaving as a result but their k/d is below 2.0 . It is discretionary so just gives us that option. There was one the other day that that I spectated as there were crys of cheat and they were OK just good but numbers on the server were dropping. Having a rule that can be referenced initially and acted upon if necessary makes it easier that is all.

I just look at someone good in a vehicle as a challenge which does wonders for my K/D :D

Reactions: lakaelo
Actually I think the best way is just to ask the dominating player if he/she could change vehicle, perhaps point out the rule also...

I'm glad the rule exists...will make things easier.

Actually I think the best way is just to ask the dominating player if he/she could change vehicle, perhaps point out the rule also...

I'm glad the rule exists...will make things easier.

On a map with AA it tends to be less of an issue but those without are the ones that can be affected. Depends on the round too, sometimes it doesn’t matter as it can balance out naturally.

Where is the Round K/D kicker ?

I think a kick based on a round K/D is not that good. For example sometimes I have rounds where I am like 50:5, sometimes more like 20:30. Based on luck, enemies and teammates that can vary a lot. A kick would really shrink down the fun in a good round – everyone can have a good one sometimes.

It is really more for the 80:1 folk just farming kills on a fun server. It really is there just to give us an option and is not compulsory. Gives us something to point to if speaking to them doesn't work. :D

Reactions: We4re0ne
Its a reasonable rule
Im old skool from the old No Fly Server and generally use plane/heli to get from a to b quickly.
Classic example, yesterday Hainan Resort anything that flies is being taken out by a good pilot on the opposing team, everything else on the ground is getting slaughtered by Witchi in a helli.
After getting killed 5 times on the trot by the helli, winning the round has gone out of the window for me, Im out to get you.
So waited for the AA to spawn got in it and took out Witchi :p, this is the funny part "oh Riz why do you use lock-ons", WTF sort of question is that ? of course Im going to use lock-ons or anything else (RPG up the ass is the most satisfying :) ). Im in the AA club and do quite well with it especially on Golmud (nowhere to hide). Im not a squad/team player or winning or losing, Im a tank and helli hunter so get used to it. Riz is coming :cool:

Its a reasonable rule
Im old skool from the old No Fly Server and generally use plane/heli to get from a to b quickly.
Classic example, yesterday Hainan Resort anything that flies is being taken out by a good pilot on the opposing team, everything else on the ground is getting slaughtered by Witchi in a helli.
After getting killed 5 times on the trot by the helli, winning the round has gone out of the window for me, Im out to get you.
So waited for the AA to spawn got in it and took out Witchi :p, this is the funny part "oh Riz why do you use lock-ons", WTF sort of question is that ? of course Im going to use lock-ons or anything else (RPG up the ass is the most satisfying :) ). Im in the AA club and do quite well with it especially on Golmud (nowhere to hide). Im not a squad/team player or winning or losing, Im a tank and helli hunter so get used to it. Riz is coming :cool:
ah. I find not using lockons way more satisfying myself. Though if i did use them... The amount of destruction i'd create would be way way worse :D And i'm a long time lockon hater so you should know i will call you out for using them! xD

Its a reasonable rule
The new rule #6 for sure is reasonable.

So, you are one of those who make me scream in TeamSpeak cause I want our jet to destroy theirs. Then I see the guy that took it under my nose jumping out just to get to a flag that is just a stone's throw away from where we have a flag :D

Reactions: glenwilson
Then I see the guy that took it under my nose jumping out just to get to a flag that is just a stone's throw away from where we have a flag :D
lol i am with riz in that. also old school coming from our no fly bf2 server ( heli and jets only for transport, who was shooting from them got kicked or banned ) so i also use the things for transport mostly, specially the jets, and jumping out over the point i wanted to be.

at the same point i don´t care any moaning like the ones from witch with his lockons lol its the same when some tankdriver would shouting to my why i use RPG on tank or something else. one more is any lockon the weapon to "annoy" any airplayer so they must hide more or stopping there hunting from time to time and this i balancing the game a bit more when you have good pilots. even more when the enemy pilots not fighting each other instead they killing/farming only the enemy infantry.

Last edited:
so i also use the things for transport mostly, specially the jets, and jumping out over the point i wanted to be.
It is totally fine in my opinion if nothing happens in the air. However when the enemies have a strong pilot in heli or jet it gets annoying to see.

Lockons are annoying too, but I don't have a probem with these. There are not many other weappons which don't need a lot of luck or skill to take down air vehicles. Since helis are already so strong against infantery it's fine. I don't understand anyway why so many are complaining about some weappons like G18, Shotguns or Lockons. They are in the game, so why should nobody use them? 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread