New PC (maybe)

• Thread starter General_Misery
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
General_Misery

General_Misery

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Halmstad - Sweden
My PC is from 2010 :LOL: with GPU being the only part being upgraded (to GTX 1060 3Gb) since then - well, SSD fairly new as the old one went kaputt... Not planning to buy BF 2042 but since e.g. BFV stutters even with moderate graph settings I may bite the bullet and buy a new PC despite costly parts, especially GPU :rolleyes:

For £1500/1700 Euro:

Phanteks Eclipse P360 Air Mid Tower
ASUS GeForce RTX3060Ti DUAL OC V2
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 212 ARGB CPU cooler
Black Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4 16GB 3200 MHz
WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 SSD
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING mobo
Corsair TX650M, 650W PSU
Windows 11 Home

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks.

My PC is from 2010 :LOL: with GPU being the only part being upgraded (to GTX 1060 3Gb) since then - well, SSD fairly new as the old one went kaputt... Not planning to buy BF 2042 but since e.g. BFV stutters even with moderate graph settings I may bite the bullet and buy a new PC despite costly parts, especially GPU :rolleyes:

For £1500/1700 Euro:

Phanteks Eclipse P360 Air Mid Tower
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU
Cooler Master Hyper 212 ARGB CPU cooler
Black Kingston FURY Beast RGB DDR4 16GB 3200 MHz
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING mobo
Corsair TX650M, 650W PSU
Windows 11 Home

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks.
nice setup. only one suggestion. give the onboard grafic a try first before you will buy a gpu for nearly 900.- €. i think you can run bfV in high settings even with the onboard unit. :unsure: ;)

Reactions: General_Misery
nice setup. only one suggestion. give the onboard grafic a try first before you will buy a gpu for nearly 900.- €. i think you can run bfV in high settings even with the onboard unit. :unsure: ;)
Problem with the 1060 is the 3 Gb RAM = problem :/

Problem with the 1060 is the 3 Gb RAM = problem :/
wait for it.

i was very suprised how a new setup ( motherboard / ram etc. ) can give a old gpu a enourmus push.

will you buy a complete pc or do you built it by your own? when you will built it by yourself its really no big deal. first try it with onboard gpu, than put your 1060 into the system and try if there is a big difference between onboard and 1060. if not sell the 1060 for a good price. :D atm you will get neary the same price as you paid for it.
and when you think the onboard / 1060 is not working good enough. sell the 1060 also and buy the 3060ti from your setup.

Reactions: General_Misery
New PC ordered! :D

Some changes but still 1700 Euro:

Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact Black Solid

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 16GB

TUF GAMING B550-PRO MB

Corsair RM750x, 750W white PSU

Windows 11 Home

Will sell my GTX 1060 3 Gb locally - hoping to get ~150 Euro (i.e. what they are sold for here).

If anyone is interested in some RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz (PC-12800) DDR3 CL9, 240 pin, 1.5V (4 x 4 Gb) let me know - proceeds will go to the clan.

Lastly, the missus comment: "oh why do you need that, why not buy something useful..." :rolleyes:

I’m an idiot but you already knew that…

New PC arrived and everything looked fine, installed 16 Gb more RAM. Then… My roughly 10 yr old monitor has a DVI connector and the new GPU has HDMI and DP 😣. Thus an adapter needed and surprise, surprise only shitty no-name adapters available in our town so a decent one ordered online arriving Friday.

The pain, the pain 😄

New PC arrived and everything looked fine, installed 16 Gb more RAM. Then… My roughly 10 yr old monitor has a DVI connector and the new GPU has HDMI and DP 😣. Thus an adapter needed and surprise, surprise only shitty no-name adapters available in our town so a decent one ordered online arriving Friday.

The pain, the pain 😄
Plug it to tv ? Just to test :)

The pain, the pain 😄
Now that you have a new PC i recommend to also upgrade the monitor if possible. The image improvement vs a 10 year old should be quite nice. 🙂

Now that you have a new PC i recommend to also upgrade the monitor if possible. The image improvement vs a 10 year old should be quite nice. 🙂
Exactly but that needs another round (or more) of hard negotiations with my master 😬😄

My problem with getting a monitor with higher resolution (my current one is 1920 x 1080 and 23 inches) is that I don’t want a huge monitor i.e. ”TV size”. Any tips anyone?

• Yay
Reactions: blugi21
I don't know much about it, but your main choice criterias are :
  • Panel type
  • Refresh rate
  • Resolution
  • Response time
  • Size
  • Build quality
  • Ergonomics

For the refresh rate, you may think that the eye can only see up to 60 FPS but from what I hear, the gameplay feels more fluid with high refresh rates like 120 Hz

The panel type is very important because of the viewing angles and color intensity. IPS panels are one of the best because of the viewing angles and the better color render.

I don't get why the response time is so important among gamers, some monitors have 0.5ms and others have 7ms response time... I honestly don't think people will spot the difference, imo it's probably a marketing thing

Of course if you play with high resolution(like 4K or 1440p), your fps will be lower. Although you can always downgrade your resolution to 1080p.
Now I don't know how well your gpu performs with higher resolutions, but high res monitors could be interesting for movies or BF4 if your GPU won't perform well

For the size, it's your choice. I myself prefer big monitors, 27". You have to be careful about the size of your desk with those monitors because of the viewing distance, so your eyes are safe. My desk is pretty big so I don't have any problems with that

Concerning ergonomics, it's always better to have a screen that has an adjustable height

Example of what I would buy (don't get this exact model, it's just for showing purposes)
Screenshot 20220120 111645 Chrome

Exactly but that needs another round (or more) of hard negotiations with my master 😬😄

My problem with getting a monitor with higher resolution (my current one is 1920 x 1080 and 23 inches) is that I don’t want a huge monitor i.e. ”TV size”. Any tips anyone?
you will get some decent 27" monitor around 170.- €. BenQ are a good brand for having a look. good price and good quality. next price range would be 220.- to 250.- € where you will get some 144Hz and again one handfull money more with around 300- to 400- € you will get some 4k monitor. above 400.- you will find some nice IPS panel 4k monitor.

i still "stuck" on my 27" 60Hz monitor and i am fine.

Thank you for the advice 👍🏻, hoping to get a new monitor sometime this year.

Haven’t played anything, downloads of everything takes ages but damn it’s quiet and a beaut 😀.

View attachment 16105

Soooo, where did you live again? And what time do you usually leave your house to go grocery shopping? Just asking out of curiosity :)

Have fun with your new system :D

One thing I didn’t think about when getting a new pc: the sound. It is SO much better - clarity, detail, ”3D-ish”. Even on old games e.g. GTA V it’s almost like the game had a major update re sound 😃

Reactions: Riot_co

Users who are viewing this thread