New car

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
General_Misery

General_Misery

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Halmstad - Sweden
As I will retire in September or so, I will part with my company car - the lovely but expensive Volvo XC60 T8. Was thinking of getting a VW ID i.e. the new electric car but decided to wait going electric as 1) reluctant to buy the first version and 2) delivery too late vs. need for new car and 3) charging stations too few (and with clunky payment methods).

After much thinking, including concluding that we now can down-size, I opted for a VW Golf GT as it has quite modest CO2 emission, extras I want, depreciation not too bad and (I hope) decent quality. Among the extras: heater w. timer/remote, ear drum damaging stereo and grey metallic paint.

Reactions: lakaelo
Hello GM :),
one thing you might want to consider is the Hyundai i30 or the i30N, with the performance pack you can get upto 280 hp (or something like that). The car is nimble as hell, agile and almost surgically precise when driving. A real joyful car, much like the mk1 golf GT was.

So there's that. Or you might want to consider the Kona or Tucson. Both of them are really good, in my experience the Tucson has quite decent build quality.

... btw, yeah, I'm a hyundai fan...used to sell them and I think they offer better price to value ratio. :)

That sounds good GM. I fondly remember my mk2 Golf GTi. White (why on earth I got white I will never know) in August 1990. Had it for two years and did over 110,000km.

If I had a decent budget I cannot think of any cars that I would buy because I like their looks. BMWs have hideous front end grills. So often you have to look at the badges on cars to know what make and model because they are all so similar.

In the UK the infrastructure isn’t there to go plug-in EV so hybrid would have to be the way.

Thank you for the comments. As for Hyundais, I’ve already placed an order for a new golf as described above but maybe next time... ;)

Oh :) well the GT is still a proper car :) congrats on the order then :)

Reactions: General_Misery
There are some car designs that look just right and that is one of them. A bit like AUDIs and older BMWs in a way quite plain but look right. Mercs always look like they are trying too hard to me, same with some of the newer BMWs.

Reactions: HippY
Yeah love my Saab had it 4yrs now.
I’ve had quite a few,from the 900 turbo to resent.
with this one I tried to find the newest one I could find.

I’ve had a number of SAABs, loved them. Especially the last 9-5 🙂. So sad GM didn’t have the skill or interest to keep the brand going 😕
Waiting for Tesla’s gigafactory Berlin to be completed - the new ”European” model Y could be something...😋

it’s even got one of these things which is fun.

Attachments

• C1B158F1-CD39-47D5-9A00-5F2BED38C109.jpeg
    C1B158F1-CD39-47D5-9A00-5F2BED38C109.jpeg
    889.6 KB · Views: 12
Lmao I know how to post pics now
More to come.
omg

No Way Omg GIF by Laff

Users who are viewing this thread