New Bf4 Server / We Will Change Hoster

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
installed a new plugin to the server called mapmanager. because its harder to get the server starting with the DLC maps in rotation i will try how this works. so the server is starting with the basic maps and hopefully fast filling up and after getting 38 player the maprotation will change to all DLC maps. so if we have more than 38 player we will have all maps in rotation and if the playercount going down under 38 player it should switch back into basic maps mode.

to say thanks to sam, that he had installed the new SQL database fpr the server and now also adkats is running back. soldierrank and so on is back running and most of the commands also back on track and working again.

so let me say some words to the server. we had this situation, to start a new server, already several times in the past. not only in bf4 also in bf3. this time it was all a bit easier to switch our player and regular over to the new server because we still had the old one to run the messages with the name of the new server. but its still hard to fill it up.
as example, the old server had had over 68.000 players that ever played on it. and you know it was also not always full.
=NRU= Noobs R Us SERVER MOVED search NEW Nuthouse in battlelog : Top Players
but compared with the new server we have only a few over 6.000 players ever.
=NRU= Noobs R Us NEW Nuthouse by 4netplayers.de | Fast XP : Top Players

thats the reason so start the server in official at the morning to fill it up with all this players coming in from pressing the "play now" button ingame. we only get this player if the server is running in official mode. sadly we all know that our plugins and also admin is not running in official mode. thanks EA for that.

however, we need all this new player to get some of them as regulars so the server is not only filling up in the evening. because this is a bit "dangerous" for the server or the clan. just some of this regular player from the evening will be lost and than the server is running just with always the same 10-15 cocks. we also know this situation from the past.

the mainpoint that we get regulars is, that the new players coming in official mode, will like our server and seeing that we are a friendly and nice bunch of people. if they have a positive experiance with us, they will also come back and put the server to there favs.
so please have a look that the server is balanced too. i know we all like to play together with our friend in one team or one squad but its not helpfull if all or the majority of the NRU player are on one site or in one squad. even more if the server is not full already and only filled with under 20 player. no one likes it if the rounds ending up than with 650:0 points and the new playing leaving after that round. in this context, please have a look at your own gameplay, even more if you are a good tank, heli or jet player. don´t play to dominating in the periode the server is not full and just filling up.

to avoid the unbalanced teams a bit more i deactivate the commands !pull and !join because they are destroying the balance because they bypass the balancer. you can still use !moveme, !fmove, !move or even !assist ( to join the loosing site ) commands to join or switch to the other site. but this commands are only working in coordination with the balancer. so if it would be unbalancing the server you will be not able to switch site in this moment. so you have to wait till there is a occasion to move or just use !moveme than you get in queue to switch and the balancer will do it at the matching situation.

same situation with the maplist. we all like to play all maps and not only the basic / vanilla maps but not everyone having the premium maps. server is filling up in basic maps very fast but you can see that its going more empty after every round if we put the DLC maps in to rotation.
thats why i installed a new mapmanager on the server. so we always starting with the vanilla maps but after we getting more than 38 player the maplist is switching to all maps in rotation and will stay there as long as we are over 38 player. below this its going back into vanilla map mode. as i can see in the last days, it works well but, like all other plugins, only if the server is in ranked mode.

Last edited:
And I was so happy about being able to use !pull and !join again :/ I understand the reasoning why they are being disabled tho.

Reactions: lakaelo
And I was so happy about being able to use !pull and !join again :/ I understand the reasoning why they are being disabled tho.

yes, atm its killing the balance totaly if the server is not full and if you are console, you can see the player leaving after some to unbalance rounds. for most of players it is one main point that the teams are balanced and it is a close fight.

being a admin sometimes also means to stand back with your own needs just for the advantage of the clan needs :)

but we are on a good way, never filled up a new server such fast as this time. so thumps up (y)

When running in official mode and there aren't any issues with players it may be worth leaving it that way. If we start to get "problem" players then that may be worth changing modes. Even in official mode we can still explain to people the difference between modes and even note player names and ban/punish retrospectively manually.

If you need a daytime change or help ping me on twitter as I normally check that more often than here.

i myself have limited time to play,and when I do play all I get is shite in the chat about hackers or bad lag,is it all about ratings or fun? for me the fun has gone sad but true.why let hackers on then ban them when we go ranked??? crazy

Reactions: oX-Deso-Xo

Users who are viewing this thread