New BF4 chat features.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
CapHunterx

CapHunterx

where's my AEK?
NRU Member
22 Nov 2020
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
i see there are new features like the kills per clan tag, most kills, weapon kills.
i really like those and think there great, but i noticed the NRU tags does not show up. but other servers for example
also i would love to see a kill streak counter. most server show someones on a kill streak from 10kills and when you get killed it shows you X ended X killstreak with a gun.
i really like that function. and i also like it when the server tells you triplekill, megakill, and ultrakills

we had this before, but deleted them, because some player moaned that this is too much in chat.
we can bring it back if needed.

what other player thinking about that?

I personally prefer to have as little clutter in the chat as possible. Some end-of-the-tound stuff is fun, as well as the knifing messages and of course necessary messages such as voting and Server/Forum/Discord advertisements. I don’t like then servers which announce every single thing like „Akhara just joined!“, „Akhara spawned with an AEK, what a noob!“ or „Akhara just took a shit, now it smells bad in here!“. I like that you can have a conversation with people on this server and too many messages makes that harder to do. It also causes more people to hide the chat in order to not having it pop up every few seconds for messages and that is also not good for conversations.

„Triple-Kill“, „Multi-Kill“, „player is on an X killstreak“ is only ever fun for that person and everyone else gets annoyed by those messages.

I agree with @AkharaVect, less clutter is better.

I do like the top kills by clans and an end of round summary is fine. Anything more than that and I think it would be too much.

Maybe only the kill streak above 10kills and when its ended? It doesn't happen often and it's nice to know
i guess that could be a nice feature. so its will be announced because its something "special" and ot the same time its nothing what spam the chat because it happend not so often. i will have a look over the next days and than we can see if we like it or not. :)

Reactions: CapHunterx
I have to say, I really don't like these "kills per player", "player from x country" etc messages :(

Reactions: Scoot
I agree with Akhara on this one. "The kills per player", "player from x country", "kills by weapon type" stuff just seems unnecessary clutter in the chatlog. Player's kill streaks would be in the same category for me. I don't really care about this stuff and it's harder to keep track of the important stuff that's in the chat box. Just my 2 cents worth.

On a separate note, the new knife messages are batshit crazy gibberish and some of them make absolutely no sense. I love them.

I agree with Akhara on this one. "The kills per player", "player from x country", "kills by weapon type" stuff just seems unnecessary clutter in the chatlog. Player's kill streaks would be in the same category for me. I don't really care about this stuff and it's harder to keep track of the important stuff that's in the chat box. Just my 2 cents worth.
yes, agree with that and they only running because i will do something different but need to see first if this is working :D

Users who are viewing this thread