New Bf1 Server Nru Nuthouse

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
is to be expected when ya can succeed in assembling a few of the cock brigade XD i was awsome gaming with mates Again too btw XD

Just some random thoughts...
  • Waiting on the server for enough players is sooo frustrating. Once it seemed to be possible to "play" whilst waiting but other times you just have to sit there waiting for that sixth player to join. Even when waiting I got kicked for being idle and had to restart Origin, BF1 and join the server again. The whole experience feels as though they have written a game for the first time and have never seen any other BF game, ever. Pressing the deploy/cancel option gives you a drum sound so I was using that to amuse myself whilst waiting.
  • Though some of the maps are quite large I felt it was more fun when the number of players was lower. Probably because you don't get a shed load of snipers doing what they do and you get a bit more of a chance to be tactical.
  • Playing with friends and regulars adds a lot to the fun of the game and makes it more interesting.
  • Still don't like the game physics. So many times I was getting a head shot but only got 99% and getting that extra 1% was hard. Maybe had todo with weapon choice but there were other times when it was 100% so seems inconsistent.
  • Overall it is a more likeable experience but it isn't really exciting me that much. May even be the maps. You have lots of buildings and different terrain but there doesn't seem to be the same range on them. There doesn't seem to be the little fun things that you can still find on some of the BF4 maps even after this amount of time played.

so true at all. this game feels like some of this "alpha versions" you can play on steam for some money. same "unready" feeling. strange.

however, thought the same that 64 player is a bit over the top on some maps. guess 48 player like in bf4 could be a good choice. i can set this up i think.

48 does give some breathing space. 64 is fine on locker where you can get stuck at a choke point and easily can complete an assignment.

Playing BF4 again sort of showed that the WW 1 era and weapons cane a bit samey. I know it is the era but in BF3/4 having more choice gives you a chance of getting a tank or heli. You can change weapons to suit. In BF1 it is so hard to take down a house tank that is fully manned it becomes frustrating rather than a challenge.

Reactions: FortunaMagica
i must admit i love bf1 but each to their own interests :-3 i find playing cavalry far more funny than any other thing on bf4 or bf1 currently :-3
wich is the reason why i always play BF 1 :-3 simply find i get more fun out of that than bf4 "soz cocos"

I didn't like BF4 at all, that was the main reason I finally quit NRU, playing only BF3 (on CCG server mainly) and even BFBC2 these last 2 months.
The whole game felt heavy and quite slow and the vehicles were too damn much OP, I'm mainly a infantry player....
jet aces ruined my game so many times.
With BF1 I find this nervous game we had in BF3 and I like it a lot. And the way you earn things is clearly in a teamplay mind.
so it's a pity there are so many "not BF minded players" and so much haters.
it will take time a bit to have regular players but it will, a lot are looking for these kind of servers.
And I like the not so easy weapons, it means you need skill.. even though I didn't find MY weapon yet.
But the game is far from perfect, I wish every new BF game would progress in any sides but that is a dream for sure :)

Reactions: FortunaMagica
I didn't like BF4 at all, that was the main reason I finally quit NRU, playing only BF3 (on CCG server mainly) and even BFBC2 these last 2 months.
The whole game felt heavy and quite slow and the vehicles were too damn much OP, I'm mainly a infantry player....
jet aces ruined my game so many times.
With BF1 I find this nervous game we had in BF3 and I like it a lot. And the way you earn things is clearly in a teamplay mind.
so it's a pity there are so many "not BF minded players" and so much haters.
it will take time a bit to have regular players but it will, a lot are looking for these kind of servers.
And I like the not so easy weapons, it means you need skill.. even though I didn't find MY weapon yet.
But the game is far from perfect, I wish every new BF game would progress in any sides but that is a dream for sure :)

Not found your weapon yet? You were doing pretty good the other day! :)

I think BF is a bit like a TV series or band that you like most of the time you will love it but occasionally a season of the series isn't great or an album is a bit rubbish. BF1 is like that for me at the moment in that I will still try it but I don't enjoy it. It isn't just one thing but a combination. Silly things like having to press the space bar to spawn sooner, why not wait for a time and then give you the spawn option? Changing weapon upgrades or sights just seems far more complicated than it needs to be. Medals, again, just seems to be an awkward implementation. In BF3/BF4 you can just do stuff and complete assignments but having to choose what medal you want to compete for is awkward and tends to make you play as a lone wolf rather than more of a squad player.

On BF1 I still get a lot of network errors, dropped frames, packet loss messages all the time regardless of the settings I use.

Changing weapon upgrades or sights just seems far more complicated than it needs to be. Medals, again, just seems to be an awkward implementation. In BF3/BF4 you can just do stuff and complete assignments but having to choose what medal you want to compete for is awkward and tends to make you play as a lone wolf rather than more of a squad player.

Ah yes totally, and I played before BFBC2 ! and it's even more obvious how BF3 -BF4 and BF1 have become gradually so complicated for some things that should stay simple.
Like if they're out of idea of new stuff and someone in the staff says suddenly : "what if we change this or that" just to change something, but in the end it's just terrible.
Or maybe they have the wrong impression that players like to tweak hours before to play...
I totally agree for medals, what a very bad idea.
the thing the most crazy imho is the weapon and customize area... you have to go to customize to buy new weapons, info are not complete in one or the other.
The way you can see the progress to unlock weapons or any other stuff like medals or what is just terrible and not often enough updated.
They should just stick to one rule : Keep it F.. simple !

Was thinking about this a little. If you ignore the era BF1 is set in, and the weapons etc. It really doesn't feel like a BF game. I don't have the history with BF that some of you guys have but to me it feels like a different franchise. Apart from the BF name there is little continuity from others in the series.

To move forward you sometimes have to ditch the code and start again. That happens with all programs and systems from PC to mainframe. However you need to keep existing users happy. I wonder how many players new to BF like BF1 compared to existing players.

Too often though you get an iPad app for example where you get an update that "improves" things and completely ruins what was already a good app. An example is the Philips Hue app. The original works fine, was easy to set scenes for the lights and simple to use. So they release a new version which removes three quarters of the things that were good and screw up what is left. Luckily the old app still works. The new one hasn't improved even after a year. BF1 interface is like that too. It doesn't do the same things better and has no advantages (that we see).

Same for the server hosting. They probably thought it would be a good money source. But I wonder how many private servers there are?

Yup, I would say one of the only advantages is graphical... I think it's amazing for the eyes :-D but I agree with you that doesn't make a good game.
I don't know if there is a magical recipe to make a good game. But I know for sure, a good game stays a good game years and years after.
quite a few players from BF1 read on several polls BFBC2 was the best BF (debatable, I know ^^, but I agree :p) so they bought it for almost nothing and were amazed by how fun it was to play that game compare to a brand new one.
it's just a chemistry I guess... I remember I loooooooooooooved so much Crysis 1 and having a so good pack (story, gameplay, graphics...) how can you manage to ruin what could be a great serie.
Crysis 2 was a disaster and the 3, they almost gave it for free after a while.
In battlefield I'm afraid that Console "thinking" is controlling and that maybe screw our feelings about their new games more and more, they're just more console oriented each step. (at least that's how I explain a crappy menu/option/weapon stuff that bad, they do it fine probably for console and just quickly do an adaptation of the interface for PC)

Reactions: glenwilson
I don't think there is a recipe for a good game but I suggest some of the ingredients are:

It is fun to play
It is easy to start playing but can get harder
You get rewarded for playing (upgrades, points, high scores etc)

In addition to that for some games they don't have to be stunning to look at. If you think of space invaders and pac man they were simple but still fun and challenging to play.

BF2/3/4/BC were generally incremental steps in graphics but the game play was generally the same. BF1 steps away from that though and definitely feels more console orientated.
--- Post updated ---
Urgh don't mention the Hue app :mad:

Sorry.

I don't think there is a recipe for a good game but I suggest some of the ingredients are:

It is fun to play
It is easy to start playing but can get harder
You get rewarded for playing (upgrades, points, high scores etc)

Sorry.
"ticks all boxes"
Works for me im REALLY the only one here WHO really loves the game XD ohh well, to each their own :-3 im NOT changing my mind about it even if public NRU oppinion is "BF1 SUXXX"
in my oppinion it ROOOOOX XD

"ticks all boxes"
Works for me im REALLY the only one here WHO really loves the game XD ohh well, to each their own :-3 im NOT changing my mind about it even if public NRU oppinion is "BF1 SUXXX"
in my oppinion it ROOOOOX XD

I don't hate the game. The game isn't bad and I'm glad people enjoy it. Played a round today and I just felt it was hard work. I played cautiously, looked around, saw nobody and dead. Get someone in my sights and get hits and they pull out a pistol and I'm dead. Tried sniping, in the middle of the desert and you still get shot from someone in a building miles away. I know I'm not a great player in BF but I'm not too bad but in BF1 it feels as though I have some sort handicap. :)

I don't want to not like it but at the moment I just don't enjoy it as much as I would have thought.

the biggest annoying point for me is that EA/dice ( who ever ) not learned or call it, not use the experiance from all the games before. again the released a unfinished game and all most of the bugs from bf4 and even bf3 are again in this game. plus all the new annoying problems like the missing RSP, shit battlelog, missing weapon extension and so on....

can´t help myself but i have always the feeling they gave the development to a bunch of brilliant programmers and graficdesigner, also in different departments and all of them never player a battlefield game before or first time and only short periode with the start of there job. after hitting the deadline they deciced to say the game is "fnished" and all different departments starts to foodle all there parts together to complete the game and push the release button....

I don't hate the game. The game isn't bad and I'm glad people enjoy it. Played a round today and I just felt it was hard work. I played cautiously, looked around, saw nobody and dead. Get someone in my sights and get hits and they pull out a pistol and I'm dead. Tried sniping, in the middle of the desert and you still get shot from someone in a building miles away. I know I'm not a great player in BF but I'm not too bad but in BF1 it feels as though I have some sort handicap. :)

I don't want to not like it but at the moment I just don't enjoy it as much as I would have thought.
just like scatha with bf4 mate XD your getting old ;-) XD

Glen that is exactly the way I feel about the game. Every now and then I start it with an open mind but within minutes I'm switching to bf4/2, it's strange but I felt the same with bf3. I'm not giving up on it just yet but find it hard to lose the negative thoughts I have for the game.......

Users who are viewing this thread