New attraction near us

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
These new statues have just been completed near us. Watched them being built over the last year on the way to work. It isn't my photo as haven't been able to get near them but plan to get there soon.

And there is a time lapse on the construction.

The Helix | The Kelpies Film

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 47
The sculptures are at Falkirk (Scotland) (in between Glasgow and Edinburgh) and open on the 21/4 or 4/21 (for US folk). Just realised you can actually see them from our garden - they are about 3 miles (4.5km) away! Picture was taken very quickly with video cam. There are laser shows tonight so I'll see if I can get something from the garden - I'm not paying an entry fee for that (and I'm not Scottish).

Attachments

• DSC00040.jpg
    DSC00040.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 44
lol strange scotmen :D just take 2 gigantic metalhorseheads in the middle off nowhere and make lasershows there :D

no honestly this is awesome love it :D

These new statues have just been completed near us. Watched them being built over the last year on the way to work. It isn't my photo as haven't been able to get near them but plan to get there soon.

And there is a time lapse on the construction.

The Helix | The Kelpies Film

wtf? o_O'' when the hell was the spunks at falkirk XD one thing we need now is a monumental hangin structure over the statues head looking like plums prepping to T-bag and then weld name the munument "a testament to spunks" xD

The laser shows met expectations. From our house it looked like a few folk with laser pointers - I would have expected, even from a distance, something a little bit more spectacular. Still stunning when I drive past them.

Users who are viewing this thread