New addition to the family :)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Bond76

Bond76

NRU Member
2 May 2012
close to Hamburg
Yes....the Bond Family is growing again (or at least my model collection)

Recently found this bargain :) I was always looking for one like this from my old Company....and then ebay came along finally !

Was a tough fight with the Missus you can bet (also as her board with shoes had to be moved, but I think it fits a lot better in the hall than her shoes) :p
She still places her shoes below it as you see....so I need to educate her a bit more it seems :)

Quite a heavy load, I was almost shitting my Pants when we both lifted that one up to first floor, never thought it was so heavy.

Attachments

• IMG_5768.jpg
    IMG_5768.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 45
LOL, started reading Bonds post and begun to wonder "what can he mean, struggle and heavy ?" it looks like a very normal picture and the frame looks fairly light too. Its was only when I scrolled down to see the shoes that it hit me.
Nice boat and the picture looks nice too and LIGHT. :rolleyes:

Nice. We're the containers a separate purchase? :D

I have trouble with a few model cars so you have done well!

LOL, no, they weren't, thank god. I dont have a clue how much that beast weighs, I guess something like 50Kilos ?! Not very handy to carry stairways up, thats for sure....the guy and myself hardly fitted into the lift when I picked it up....saw a disaster coming.

Looks, a really nice display piece. What sort of size is the real one? My guess would be something like about 150m.

Where my wife works they have a Concorde model (about 1.5m) long and I keep offering it a home rather than it just gathering dust but I just get a Ö-Ö look! Which I'm assuming means no!

Looks, a really nice display piece. What sort of size is the real one? My guess would be something like about 150m.

Where my wife works they have a Concorde model (about 1.5m) long and I keep offering it a home rather than it just gathering dust but I just get a Ö-Ö look! Which I'm assuming means no!

It's 335metres Long....the model is around 2metres.

Hm....a Concorde model....that would fit nicely in here, too ! :) Have ab ig 2 Jumbo up in my collection from BA.

Wow, some size of ship. I was trying to workout how many container rows plus some extra for the pointy and round ends and the sticky up bit in the middle. Was guessing about 3m per container. :D

A standard sea container actually has 20ft length and the container ships are always measured in 20ft Slots (or as we call it in the industry in TEU = Twentyfoot Equivalent Unit).
When we received that ship and ist 7 sister from the Yard in Japan back in 2005 it was the biggest container ship in the world for a glimpse of time with it's 8750TEU Slots.
Compared to todays ships with 19500TEU and 400m length they seem pretty small when you see them together. It's just 10 years, but the sizes have simply doubled again.
And the first 21000TEU Units are already in the orderbook....totally nuts and this will kill the whole industry....but that happens when People are too greedy and also when consumers want all stuff for bargains.
If I think about that moving the Container by Truck from Manchester to Southampton will be more expensive then moving it to Hong Kong or Shanghai afterwards....I could puke really. :( How are we supposed to earn a dime then in the end ?

Nice picture of the Willemsbrug (Wilhelms Brücke / Williams Bridge) as well. Did you know it's some kind of pink coloured? It's good to see a german admiring dutch things LOL

Interesting info there. In someways it reminds me of aircraft. The 747 has been around for ages (my dad smuggled me on to the first Pan Am 747 that landed at Heathrow in 1970 when I was 12!) and though there were variations the size didn't increase that much. The Airbus A380 was the biggest leap in size with about a 40% increase over the largest 747 the -800 in 2007. Though the A380 is in service it appears that orders are slowing down and aircraft like the smaller 787 are more popular with airlines. So, maybe in the future there will be a similar return to smaller ships that are more efficient than having to feed one big ship?

Nice picture of the Willemsbrug (Wilhelms Brücke / Williams Bridge) as well. Did you know it's some kind of pink coloured? It's good to see a german admiring dutch things LOL

I always thought it was red, Waxxer. Well, you know that it was our home for 1,5 years and I actually liked the City. :)

Interesting info there. In someways it reminds me of aircraft. The 747 has been around for ages (my dad smuggled me on to the first Pan Am 747 that landed at Heathrow in 1970 when I was 12!) and though there were variations the size didn't increase that much. The Airbus A380 was the biggest leap in size with about a 40% increase over the largest 747 the -800 in 2007. Though the A380 is in service it appears that orders are slowing down and aircraft like the smaller 787 are more popular with airlines. So, maybe in the future there will be a similar return to smaller ships that are more efficient than having to feed one big ship?

Crossing fingers Glen that you might be right, everything else would be stupid. But mankind has proven to be very well and fast developing in stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread