Need good attack heli pilot!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nimma

Nimma

15 Mar 2012
Netherlands
The attack heli is probably my favorite in the game but in order to make it effective I need a good gunner or preferably a good pilot ( i'm a pretty decent gunner :p )

Sooooooooooo who's up for some mighty attack heli runs with me? When done well it can be nearly unstoppable!

Im not pro heli whore becouse i like more infantry fighting but im decent medium level pilot and ready work together if we have chance get same time in chopper. :) I know it's often frustrating be gunner if pilot is selfish random guy. Some people just don't understand being good pilot is unselfish job, you have to think gunners angle. Against infs you have to keep chopper stable enough for accurate shooting with cannon and against vehicles keep angle good for launching of tv-missiles. :p

i'll team up if I see you on m8, I don't mind piloting or gunnering...lol

If i see you on, ill happy fly or gun cause like to skill chopper up some. Might even jump on ts as well.
:)
Nestie

I'm up for that. Oh, just re-read the post and missed the word "good".

If anyone wants to go on a (usually very short) suicide mission though...

Best comment on my piloting from the other day was "Morone" which I guess isn't praise.

Lol Glen. :D I like more Scout chopper, then i can fly (avoid deaths) and shoot (get kills) myself. Then i don't need curse blind gunner or pilot who jumps out without warning after little hit or crashes to everything. :p That 25mm cannon is very good against light vehicles, killing repair guys of enemy tankhuggers and taking out infantry from hard spots like roof tops where tanks cant shoot. Scout choppers really dominates Flood Zone and is maybe most effective way to defend B and C flags and kill roof campers. And if somebody who owns repair tool is on passenger seat they are almost undestructable. :p Actually Scout chopper is my most used vehicle, 286 kills and 10 service stars. :cool: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Heikkinen88/vehicles/882686917/pc/

Last edited by a moderator:
lol glen I think I made the mistake of jumping in helo with u a couple of times...... short bumpy ride is the best description I can think of.

Couple good chopper tips for Glen and other who wants get better:

- Your enemy #1 is AA-vehicle. Watch all time where it is and be ready to escape behind building/mountain before you are too damaged and can't fly stable. Active radar is bitch, it does not need locking so ECM-jammer don't help against it. And good shooter with zoom optics and light shells can shoot down choppers from other side of map if there is nothing between you and enemy AA. Lesson was think always where enemy AA is and avoid it as much you can.

- Your enemy #2 is other aircraft. They move fast and can attack from surprising directions, so i suggest using Air radar unlock after you have it. For example in heli fight that gives you benefit to prepare situations and "ambush" enemy chopper by flanking it behind building etc. When you see enemy chopper inside lock range switch to heatseekers but dont shoot, if you shoot now you just waste your heatseekers. Wait until enemy chopper uses it's flares/ECM and use heatseekers after that. After some damage enemy chopper is unstable and weak, then go close and finish it with 25mm cannon/minigun. Lesson of this was guy who wastes flares/ECM first loses most of 1vs1 heli fights. If you are out of flares/ECM try fly behind buildings/trees/whaterver and hope they stops missiles what cant turn very fast after you.

- Enemy #3 is infantry with Stingers/Iglas. Stinger takes about 1/3 health of chopper and Igla 1/4. Stinger is close range rocket, Igla is medium range and needs following of target, it's like "Javelin" against flying vehicles. If you get hit don't panic, they need several hits to get you. Just stay calm and focus to spot guy and kill him. If you don't know from where missile came fly outside of launchers range or behind building/mountain/whatever and wait damages are repaired.

- Choppers are ultimate flanking tools, so use it for that, don't fly "obvious" way where AA:s are waiting and people in buildings etc cower. Do surprise attacks and kill guys who are focused defend flag against tanks etc. After some kills some of victims are propably coming after you with launchers or AA in worst case, so don't stay same area too long.

- Practise, practise and practise even little more, always when you have chance try it. You get better and better all time, don't quit. ;)

Im not pro heli whore becouse i like more infantry fighting but im decent medium level pilot and ready work together if we have chance get same time in chopper. :) I know it's often frustrating be gunner if pilot is selfish random guy. Some people just don't understand being good pilot is unselfish job, you have to think gunners angle. Against infs you have to keep chopper stable enough for accurate shooting with cannon and against vehicles keep angle good for launching of tv-missiles. :p

Exactly. And besides that I think working together is one of the best things this game has to offer.

And to all others ( including you, glen :D ) i'll be happy to have a go with you guys :)

I can be a pretty good pilot at times but still I crash horribly stupid every now and then, haha.

Lol Glen. :D I like more Scout chopper, then i can fly (avoid deaths) and shoot (get kills) myself. Then i don't need curse blind gunner or pilot who jumps out without warning after little hit or crashes to everything. :p That 25mm cannon is very good against light vehicles, killing repair guys of enemy tankhuggers and taking out infantry from hard spots like roof tops where tanks cant shoot. Scout choppers really dominates Flood Zone and is maybe most effective way to defend B and C flags and kill roof campers. And if somebody who owns repair tool is on passenger seat they are almost undestructable. :p Actually Scout chopper is my most used vehicle, 286 kills and 10 service stars. :cool: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/soldier/Heikkinen88/vehicles/882686917/pc/

Yeah saw you flying around many times and you're a pain in the arse with that thing :D I only started playing choppers until recentlly.

It's all keyboard for me though, the inverted mouse thingy is too difficult for me.

Users who are viewing this thread