Naval Strike

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
First impressions are quite good, the maps are bright and I didn't see any of the fluff you get on some of the other expansions - weather and dust storms. TDM maps seem OK not too many snipers camps. Some TDM maps are quite big and will suit 64 players but for anything around the 20's you can go for quite awhile without seeing anyone.

Interestingly I have started to get "Battlefield 4 has ended" again.

Last edited:
Had a couple in the last few hours since update but none in the last few weeks. Have to say I rather like the NS maps. Seem quite balanced.

Terrible boat/heli rape all time at coast and open areas. And snipers/LMG-campers everywhere. My first spawn of Naval Rape was front of AWS & bipod guy... Then i had couple shitty rounds all time 1 shot deaths and when i shot somebody to back (sure situation ==> could not miss) no hit marks. :D After some time game/server started work better and i was mostly fighting inside mountains and castles prefering these flags of maps to avoid boat and heli whores.

It took 2 rounds get enough sniper rifle ribbons and 5 C4-kills, now i have that SR338 and i tested it. Damn good we have that sniper limit on our server, im fearing times when every noob is camping on roof with it. It feels so powerful, accurate and fast...

Im finding it a bore. To many campers and the boat/air whores are just terrible. All round a complete pile of poo imho..Waste of money but as i got premium....

had no gamecrash but i dont like most of the maps :D

carrier mode doesnt functionate?

guys dont want to defend the carrier ATM all guys keep doing the conquest thing and only want to attack (tried 3 different server + noobs server -> everywhere the same)

defending seems to be too boring then guys rather lose the round :D

some of the maps dont have enough transport vehicles i have the feeling and walking from flag to flag is suicide in 99% of the times

-> vehicles get more powerful each dlc ^^ or is it just me :D

The reason it may be filled with boat whores is that it is called "Naval" strike which I would probably expect to be more water vehicle friendly. I still like the fact the maps are quite bright without too much effects fluff on them. Didn't find the maps too sniper friendly as there is a reasonable amount of cover. One issue is that there are quite a few AAs on one map in particular which should balance out the heli problem. However, in the rounds I played these tended to be used as anti-infantry rather than anti-air.

The reason it may be filled with boat whores is that it is called "Naval" strike which I would probably expect to be more water vehicle friendly. I still like the fact the maps are quite bright without too much effects fluff on them. Didn't find the maps too sniper friendly as there is a reasonable amount of cover. One issue is that there are quite a few AAs on one map in particular which should balance out the heli problem. However, in the rounds I played these tended to be used as anti-infantry rather than anti-air.

there still has to be a balance between infantrie and boat whores :D i mean for sure boats are powerfull but if i cant use a transport vehicle and i have to cross the open sea fun ends :D

and some maps which would need an AA dont have one i think ^^ -> next days will show how the dlc works but my experiences are not toooo good ;) and somehow two of the maps are pretty similiar :D forgot the names of it ^^

Lol same here i can't remember names of maps they are so similar. :D Naval Rape boat/heli whore expansion. :p

Terrible boat/heli rape all time at coast and open areas. And snipers/LMG-campers everywhere. My first spawn of Naval Rape was front of AWS & bipod guy... Then i had couple shitty rounds all time 1 shot deaths and when i shot somebody to back (sure situation ==> could not miss) no hit marks. :D After some time game/server started work better and i was mostly fighting inside mountains and castles prefering these flags of maps to avoid boat and heli whores.

It took 2 rounds get enough sniper rifle ribbons and 5 C4-kills, now i have that SR338 and i tested it. Damn good we have that sniper limit on our server, im fearing times when every noob is camping on roof with it. It feels so powerful, accurate and fast...

couldnt say it any better, heiky.

the only thing i would like to add is that WE FUCKING NEED A NO-FLY RULE FOR THE NEW NAVAL STRIKE MAPS!!!!!!!!!

(can we minimize the number of fight boats on each side to one????)

I haven't play ed naval strikee yet but I love the attack boats pew pew pew

Last edited:
Turn the re spawn time for vehicles right up
like 1 vehicle an hour :p
Bloody ridiculous if you ask me spoils the fun
So true. That also helps other people have chance too use vehicles, whore can't spawn almost instantly again with same boat/heli.

I don't have it yet.but I'll be damned if I'm swimming from objective to objective

Capt Birdseyes are the new Jet wh0res of BF !

Having now played Naval Fluff for a few hours now the balance of vehicles does seem a bit off as on the maps there isn't much cover to get near them and C4 the buggers unless the are preoccupied. Carrier Assault is just a conquest game followed by rush. Played it, destroyed an objective, completed the assignment, probably won't go back.

Some of the maps are OK as you don't have to swim too far (at least the water is warm) but you can get stranded miles from anywhere and are then faced with a long lonely swim (after which you get sniped or you suicide and get sniped when you spawn. Conquest (small) doesn't seem too bad on some of them. I suppose it is like most of the maps so far there are some that are IO friendly, some are tank friendly and these that are boat friendly.

Trouble is that some of the real issues are with the core mechanics of the game which was rushed out. It maybe that the differences between BF3 and BF4 are less significant than those between, say BF2 and BF3 so less development time was required and thus BF4 could be released sooner than previous versions. But when DICE/EA say they are upgrading there own servers to help the rubber banding on 64 slot servers you have to wonder how much or if enough testing was done. I'm pretty sure that BF players in general won't play COD and vice versa. BF3 was still be played and waiting a bit longer and having a proper BF4 beta phase would have saved them a lot of grief.

Users who are viewing this thread