My setup

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
AndyS40

AndyS40

22 Aug 2012
Staffordshire (UK)
www.flickr.com
Seems a few people have posted pictures of there PC's - Desk and such over the last few months so here is mine
Just added a second monitor for a while (24" Samsung) which will stay till it gets in my way and it goes back in the loft
Been doing a lot of Photography processing just of late so will help while I multitask (Yes that's right ladies men can multitask)
My main monitor is an Asus 27" LED which is amazing
Two big new speaks behind them Creative gigaworks T40
A new Corsair K50 keyboard I broke my last one some weeks ago (Stupid me)
And my very temperamental Rat 7 which needs to be shot

Untitled 4
Untitled 6

Nice Andy. I did play with a pair of monitors for a while but found it a bit weird the way it worked. That's why I went for a super wide monitor instead. Having got used to that I'm tempted to get a second one to go above it. That would also mean upgrading the GPU which I know I should do anyway. Also found that wall mounting the monitor gave me more desk space. I think Win 8.1 handles dual monitors a lot better than 7 and previous versions.

Love the mouse mat. I find having a large surface better for flying ( or crashing as I call it as I'm sure most of the time I crash before being shot ).

I wonder... seems not to be a very ergonomic setup, how do you sit there?

Here's where I spend my time at home:

20141111 081037

The desktop has been heavily modified on the inside (still need a new video-card though:(). The surround set is a Sony via optical, actually very usefull as i can adjust sound from the PC (soundstream being 5.1, stereo, Hifi, etc.), so I can also use it as a stereo-set. The tablet is always there as a second screen, and i do use it for teamspeak and battlelog-app etc. On the left speaker my wireless logitech headset, to the right my Philips for underway (when I go by bike).
Wishlist:
-New videocard
-New keyboard (w-key is almost dead)
-Housekeeper
Mouse has been ordered already, expect it next wednesday

Your right Waxxer it's not very ergonomic at all I could do with a bigger desk but this is in my living room and space is at a premium so any bigger than this and I shall not be able to move my ass at all plus the wifey wouldn't stand for it bless her :p
The Desk I made myself so I might make another but accidently make it bigger lol

Oh sorry love but the tape measure was broken didn't mean to make it the size Hihihihi

I would like another Asus 27" to match, there going for £280 at the moment on overclockers so then I could span or extend my display across which would be really nice

here we go. this is my bedroom. ehhh... setup. ;)

15764993442 7cd175de5e k

still arguing with my "old" 24" screen since my little boy got a new one last christmas and i can compare how shitty my one is. lol
just yesterday i was standing before a nice 29" LG monitor but i am not sure if i will work with that or just buy a new 27" and than work with the old one as a second screen. however, i saw that its easyier at all to work with to windows. well, so this will be the next step.

also my logitec G15 is ony the may to get replaced. the backsite elevations are broken after someone smash his hand on the keyboard and the led key lightning is pretty shit at all. can´t see the letters in the dark or its just me getting older.

the new mouse is still nice and working well. ;)

Re : My setup

Andy, the 27" screen looks as big as the 24" one !
What is the 27" width measure please ?

Multitasking : when I'm typing a Word document while I'm playing, it's only writing :
"zzzzzddddsqqqssdddzzzzzzzzsssssssssssqqqqqqqddddddddddd" !!! (AZERTY keyboard)

Only no smoker and tidy desks !

waxxzer: what GPU would you like ? What screen width ?
You have another mouse on the right corner of your desk !

I need a surround 5.1 set with 2 speakers behind my seat !

laka, was the LG Superwide (mine is a LG 29EA93 29-inch)? I definitely prefer it to twin screens though am tempted to get the 34" - maybe santa will be good to me as I have been a good boy this year. I'd have them set up vertically rather than side by side - proper man cave set-up!

The only other thing I would like is a decent chair. None I find have the height go high enough for me. Ideally chair that the seat goes to 60cm tall (and remains at that height once I have sat on it - before anyone says anything).

nope, this is the one i had looked.

LG 29UM65-W.AEU 73,7 cm LED-Monitor weiß: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

oh yes, a decent chair is also on my list. mine is not such bad at all but it have such kind of "grid surface" and you can not clean it in that way you get all the dust out that. so it look a bit smelly. also the cats had there claws in touch if it. lol
beside that i feel my bones more and more if i had a long day in/on the chair.

Re: Re : My setup

Andy, the 27" screen looks as big as the 24" one !
What is the 27" width measure please ?

Multitasking : when I'm typing a Word document while I'm playing, it's only writing :
"zzzzzddddsqqqssdddzzzzzzzzsssssssssssqqqqqqqddddddddddd" !!! (AZERTY keyboard)

The 27" from left top corner to bottom right corner is 27"
And the Samsung is 24" colours on this are not so good a bit more washed out but still a lovely monitor (this was my first monitor)
The 27" is a back lit LED the colours on this monitor are fantastic and ive always liked Asus and yes they are a little bit more than others but there quality is unsurpassed

27" straight from left to right 24"
24" straight from left to right 21"

Re: Re : My setup

I do smoke, but only if no kids are around. My son was over last night, so no ash-trays. He nowever is old enough to distinguish the smell and complains about it, so eventually will only smoke outside or quit in the near future. Ofcourse you tidy up before taking pictures lol.

As I learned that BF is optimised for ATI, I'm considering that. But actually had nVidia since Voodoo seized to exist, so a hard choice for my customer loyalty! La souris est un presse-papier (my boy has France in classes, I'll pick up again lol).

I have the back speakers placed on a 1.5m distance, I do have a very long but small living room (13mx3m), so that's fine. But it's 20m of speakercable.
The Samsung syncmaster s27b350 LCD is 27'', when i bought it it was the biggest screen with the fastest response-time for a decent price. today it ships for €150 (I paid €325).

Your right Waxxer it's not very ergonomic at all I could do with a bigger desk but this is in my living room and space is at a premium so any bigger than this and I shall not be able to move my ass at all plus the wifey wouldn't stand for it bless her
tongue.png
Nice piece of furniture you made yourself then! Design in centimeters and produce in inches, that might help as well (the excess length of the legs can be cut off afterwards lol).

Re : My setup

Andy, 24" = 60.96cm so it could fit on my desk, with 2mm free on each side !
waxxzer, your 27" is 64.3cm as I could see on Google. Too much wide !
I can't use a 57cm wide screen LED TV I also have and even can't test multi-screens with my former 21" screen and another 21" LED TV !

Kids are forbidden in my room, and cigarets are so stinky ! That's why I put seasoning inside.

I've got one for you !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread