My PC reboots after loading the game map

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I_Kitsune

I_Kitsune

13 Mar 2013
Hi, i copied the thread i made on battlelog forums on feb 2013, original link http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2832654348422556419/

The thing is my PC reboots after loading the game map. I can hear for half a sec the "ingame sound voices" then reboot. It's very annoying. I 've tried several times and maybe 1 out of 10 i might be able to join the game. I was able to join games with no problems 2 months ago (so around December 2012).

It's seems to happned only in BF3 multiplayer. The campaing works fine.

CPU: i7-930 2.8Ghz
Power supply: TEcnimax 700W
Motherboard: ASUS P6t SE
Ram: 4 GB
VGA: MSI 560Tx-Ti 2GD5. Driver: 327.23

Dxdiag file link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4py67q37a1x4etz [mediafire.com]

Update: I hoped this issue not to happen with BF4 but I've tried to launch the BF4 beta, and even if it's just a beta it does exacly the same as BF3... when the map of Shanghai ends loading, my pc shuts down and reboots.

So im posting it here and if any could help on what could be causing this i'll appreciate. Thanks.

have you update punkbuster manually? try this: http://www.evenbalance.com/?page=pbsetup.php

the 327.23 are the latest driver update for the 500th serie, isnt it? possbiel there are some new beta drivers for bf4 too.
also look about the 6pin power plug of your VGA. it is sitting well and/or change it one of the other 6pin.

after this i would look about the ram. possible one of them are not sitting completely correct. is it one 4gb block? if yes, try it at another plug.

PBsuter wasn't up to date but updated then changed ram blocks and still reboot...
I'm pretty sure drivers aren't the problem, i mean i did upgrade and downgrade with bf3 and the result was the same.
It could be the psu? maybe when sytem needs more power psu fails? idk
here are some cpu and gpu-z pics if help
73cbiw.jpg

Last edited:
powerproblem was my first guess too. but normaly this 700watt should be enough. your cpu take 150w, the vga also around 150w and maybe some other parts together also 150w would be around 450w. so this should not be soo close. what do you run at other parts?

i don´t know the tecnimax power supply. if it is some "cheap china" brand than it is possible there are not not really running on 700w. if this only running on 80% it could be tightly becaue you have only 560watt for real and this can be to less if your system going to start the game with high use of capacity.

so at least i would say try a new power supply.

seems like a psu failure to me, I've never heard of technimax psu's, nor can I actually find anything about it at this very moment.
Might want to change it to a corsair. those come with a 80+ certification and atleast 5 years of warranty I believe. (boy I hope your psu is modular)

link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139040
(never go too cheap on your psu).

that one should suffice for a very very long time.

-edit: I think a 650w psu should be sufficient too for you, but 750 gives you some room to expand on a few things in the future.

this is just me but i wouldn't get a new PSU just yet, personally i'd like to narrow down the problem some more before spending money in the hope that it'll fix the problem. do you play any other demanding games? what happens with your PC then?

this is just me but i wouldn't get a new PSU just yet, personally i'd like to narrow down the problem some more before spending money in the hope that it'll fix the problem. do you play any other demanding games? what happens with your PC then?
BF3 mostlikely is the most demanding game i play (and have) at the moment. I don't think StarCraft 2 can be called demanding and i can run it with no problems.

BF3 mostlikely is the most demanding game i play (and have) at the moment. I don't think StarCraft 2 can be called demanding and i can run it with no problems.

Try running some benchmarks. If it reboots on those too I'd stick with the psu as a problem.

can you run a memory test ? If you have multiple memory sticks try removing one and starting the game, then reinsert that one, remove the other and try running the game again

Are you overclocking GPU, CPU, Memory ?

hm why are ya all so sure about a hardware problem hm... ok only thing i can see is that if you have some programs in the background ram is maybe not enough...

but strange is that campaign works and this is an argument therefore that it is most likely not the hardware which makes problems

hm why are ya all so sure about a hardware problem hm... ok only thing i can see is that if you have some programs in the background ram is maybe not enough...

but strange is that campaign works and this is an argument therefore that it is most likely not the hardware which makes problems

because his psu seems like a very odd one, and psu's with a bad build quality tend to break or be less efficient over time.
Also it just seems to me that the psu can't handle the max. load of bf3 anymore. (I'm not sure if campaign really maxes out your gpu and cpu, since I get the most trouble in 64 player matches, while I can play 32 player matches quite nicely)

I don't think we're saying that he HAS to buy new hardware... it's just our (Atleast my) opinion that it's the psu. I hope for the lad that it's just something software related that he can fix quickly.

I think I would di all the easy tests first like remove memory (as suggested before) and try each stick in the various slots. Then maybe reinstall the processor, GPU, connections to the motherboard and so on. On a PC I had it would work fine for a lot of things but when it was stressed it would reboot. What are the temps like? It could be that when it is running hard something is getting hot and a connection is being broken.

Allright, thank you very much all for hints and helps.

Since was so f__king tired of the issue (i had to stop play BF because that lol) i went suspicious on the psu. Even more when, searching info on the net, found out that PSU's could really fail (it's the 1st time having -or finding out i have- psu problems so yeah... one does learn).

Solution was buying a new PSU and bam! i loaded bf4 and game crashed (welp did not reboot at least) and at 2nd try could log on a random bf4 beta server playing alone at medium setting with some small lags and high setting being unplayable... but yeah at least loaded the game... just tried 2 times but i think this can be declared as solved.

Users who are viewing this thread