Movie Corner

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
My watch list keeps piling up but its only a good thing. Keep em recommendations coming as i want to see them ^^

Went to see Mary Poppins (original) when I was a kid and fell asleep!
We also went to see 2001 when it was released on the big screen at Leicester Square and didn't really understand it (not sure that has changed 😁).
Im sure back in the day going to an actual movie was a big thing and not just a nonstop entertainment like we get today. ^^

My sister also has a habit falling asleep during movies and rates them " i slept while watching/ it kept me awake" basis. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: glenwilson
I think the last time I went to a cinema was for a Bond film. I used to find going to the cinema such a disappointment in terms of image and sound quality and on top of that you have that other issue of people. On theirs phones, talking, eating and just being generally obnoxious. To see the new Dr Strange it would cost us £20 (about 24E). I would rather wait and buy the film and watch it at home with a better picture, better sound and no other people to get annoyed by. Can also have a beer and snacks at reasonable prices not the extortionate rates they charge.

Lakaelo hasn't added anything.
Still editing? :ROFLMAO:
i guess i am already old and grumpy.

seriously, since some time i am watching always less movies. mosrly because they started the bad habbit to strecht every movie to a endless amount of minutes. 90 to 120 minutes are fine to me but nowadays they starting to have over 200 minutes. WTF i can´t get this. ok, when the movie would be awsome and it would need this amount of time but mostly its filled mit bullshit sideshows where you try to grap your remotecontrole for fastforward lol

same with this multipart bullshit. you have to watch part 1 now, than part 2 what will be released in next year ( although you know that all parts are already finished ) and than part 3 in 2 years and the final in 3 year. ffs, kiss my ass. i am not going this way. when it would be a closed story, fine but not to tell and finish all this storyline after 4 years.

don´t know how it is in tv-shows and movies in other countries. but here in germay its the same perv long bullshit. you will watch a saturday evening show, whats starting normaly at 20.15 and than they run that to 23:30 or sometimes even longer. fuck it lol

i don´t waste my lifetime in 3 or 4 hours movie/show and most of the time, when you finished it, you said, holy shit, can i can get back my time lol

thats the reason that we normaly only watching payperview, youtube, or streaming documentaries or even the recorded tv program. so you really can use the fast forward when its going to be shit.

Last edited:
I you haven't watched it, I can highly recommend Everest (2015):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It is based on a real event for 1996 when two expedition groups got caught by heavy storms during their attempted ascent of the mountain. Watch it on a big screen with good audio quality. it has an amazing atmosphere.

I you haven't watched it, I can highly recommend Everest (2015):

It is based on a real event for 1996 when two expedition groups got caught by heavy storms during their attempted ascent of the mountain. Watch it on a big screen with good audio quality. it has an amazing atmosphere.

One film I haven't watched for a while is Das Boot. You don't need a big screen for it but good audio really lifts an already good film. It isn't in your face stuff but the general atmosphere with subtle water dripping.

One film I haven't watched for a while is Das Boot. You don't need a big screen for it but good audio really lifts an already good film. It isn't in your face stuff but the general atmosphere with subtle water dripping.
so true. Das Boot is one, or i would nearly say, the best german movie i know.

i am watching some of this movies on youtube last time. bring me a lot of laugh and smile lol

Last edited:
I watched the new UNCHARTED movie which is based on game series of the same name. I could give a proper rant but im too lazy at the moment so i will just tell this:

Perspective of a fan of the games: Its REALLY BAD dont watch it!
Perspective of a person who has not played the games: Its BAD dont watch it! 🤣

its not long to go from uncharted to unchained lol so everyone watched this? guess i have this on dvd somewhere and if i remember right, i quite like to watch it.

Oh yes a really good movie! Tarantino never fails! 😀

The Departed....

for everybody who like scorsese and good storytelling

Reactions: Riot_co and blugi21
Last but not least... 7 psychos. I loved it and laughed much...

Reactions: blugi21 and Riot_co
If you want to really ruin watching any movie I will lend you my Mum. Give her the remote control and because she won't use her effing hearing aid the volume goes up because she cannot understand what they are saying. Soon as any action noises happen you are deafened which is followed by silence then the volume is up again because they are speaking again. If you are really, really lucky she will then zoom the picture to 200% (on a 55"/140cm screen) and have subtitles on which of course is so effing distracting because you cannot avoid having to read them but because of the zoom you only see half of those. The bonus is that you also get it paused or back to the menu in the button pressing frenzy to reduce the volume. The best bit is when two people are having a conversation facing each other and all you can see is the tip of their noses! Then she falls asleep and wakes up not knowing what the hell is going on in the film.

Went yesterday to cinema to watch newest Jurassic World.

Frustrated Head GIF

Sigh....

Movie has the fast and furious syndrome meaning that stuff "just happens" so "plot" can go forward.

Wont do any deeper review as im having a hungover and my head hurts enough already. 😁

Went yesterday to cinema to watch newest Jurassic World.

Frustrated Head GIF

Sigh....

Movie has the fast and furious syndrome meaning that stuff "just happens" so "plot" can go forward.

Wont do any deeper review as im having a hungover and my head hurts enough already. 😁
the sequals before where not such bad. easy popcorn cinema but not bad. waiting to view this movie on stream release.

Reactions: blugi21
I went to see the new Top Gun last week. It was awesome. It made me want to play air superiority until I remembered what a terrible pilot I am.
New top gun has gotten good reviews and i cant wait to see it myself!

Reactions: Riot_co
Have pre-ordered TG2 as there were generally enthusiastic reviews. So in preparation for it I watched TG1.

I know it was 36 years ago. I was 28 when I first saw it!! 😩 There are things like the weapon targeting displays that are more VIC-20 than remotely accurate. The acting is, er, not very good and all seems too wooden by today's standards. A lot of it feels low budget maybe due to spending a lot of money on flight scenes. I guess that silly things like repeated calling an F-5 a Mig still doesn't make it a Mig. I know things are done for dramatic affect but I am pretty sure pilots don't keep the oxygen mask off whilst flying and then put it on and then take it off to speak to each other.

The other thing that really got me was when flying inverted over the "Mig" they are supposedly only a metre or so apart so exactly where are the two aircrafts tails? Have they magically folded out of the way on both aircraft? Then Goose whips out a polaroid camera. From where? Given they are inverted and all the previous high G flying you would think it would actually be flying around the cockpit and would be just sitting on the canopy or would have gone through it!

Doesn't seem to have aged as well as other films from that era like Aliens, 9 1/2 Weeks, The Untouchables, No Way Out and that all-time classic Karate Kid 2 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread