Miniaturwonderland

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
have a look at this amazing project.
its a german doku but i think its also interesting to see this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

here is there website. also very intersting stuff on there
Miniatur Wunderland Hamburg - Modellbau Modelleisenbahn Hamburg

Last edited:
What a gorgeous documentary!
Now it’s time to confess... I used to have a miniature doll’s house (1:24): Living room, study (with a fireplace), bathroom, bedroom, sewing room and a Victorian kitchen.
I have always been fascinated by the world of miniatures. Nearly all of my pocket money was saved for buying these tiny little treasures like furniture and accessories.
Nowadays I like to visit exhibitions showing historical doll’s houses... the fasciniation with these miniatures has never really subsided. :happy:
So thank you, Sascha, you just made my day! :)

Reactions: waxxzer and lakaelo
hihi ok, the doll´s house isn´t mine but i also faszinated on this miniature "worlds" like his one. absolutely amazing how they build all this stuff so realistic in such a small scale. sad this one is in hamburg and this means around 5 hours away. bit to long to drive. also i think there is a bit to much folk around there if i read they have over 1 million visitors a year and on weekend you have to wait over 1 hour to get in. thats not my piece of cake. :snaphappy: :wtf:

isobel, glens wife collect bears in every form and i can imagine some others also collect dolls here. ok, maybe they are bigger and inflatable but still dolls :D

Thanks for sharing that.

That is something that I have always wanted though not on such a large scale. I had a small train set when I was young and smoke coming out of a steam train was about the most we had in terms of realism. The trouble I would have creating something like that is having so little talent for making things. The video from on-board the train show the detail and effort that has been put into the build. I suspect much of that won't even be seen by the public yet it is there. Even the planning for when a train derails and including access to the area is impressive.

I built a Doll's house for my Mum about 20 years ago as she wanted on to decorate. I was pleased with it and she only recently passed it on to someone in the family.

i can imagine some others also collect dolls here. ok, maybe they are bigger and inflatable but still dolls :D

Lol im seriously considering buying a realdoll with compensation moneys i got for concussion and permanent cosmetic damages. :rolleyes:

Yes, Isobel collects teddy bears. The video shows some of them. She also collects books - has about 3,000! At least my gadgets don't take up too much room!

mhh just thinking about if we, me and sandra, collect something and i come to the end. no. lol
don´t know if this is good or bad because i think to have a "obsession" in something could be nice and interesting but on the same hand, it could also be strenuous or maybe demanding is the right word, to find some new or interesting parts to collect.

Reactions: glenwilson
Our house is quite small but as there is only the two of us (plus the bears). Yes the bears are everywhere and they are a pain to dust and take up a lot of room but I know Isobel gets a lot of pleasure from them. There was a time when teddy bears were very fashionable to collect but that has reduced over the last few years. As you can see they come in all shapes, sizes, colours and materials. Some are up to 80 years old too.

Collecting or hobbies can be so varied. I like beer! At the moment we must have over 50 different beers in stock plus more of our favourites. I've not brewed for a while as I need to get more malt and also make some room to store it! Brewing beer gives you the knowledge of how it is made and since doing that I appreciate (or not) beer produced by craft brewers so much more. I also have a small collection of model cars - all of which I would like to own but will probably never afford.

Our garage would be a great place to get trapped as it is full of beer and books!

Watched the video again on the big TV and it is fascinating the amount of detail there is. There are a few more films to have a look at too. I did try and translate the commentary and people speaking but admit that I gave up! In some parts I couldn't even tell when one word ended and another started. I'm going to try and learn German (especially as we have confirmed some not too distant German blood in the family). Even if I can get to the point of reading a menu and ordering I will be pleased.

Funny how many articles and things I have seen on miniature world since this post. Not even looking for them and they have appeared in varies timelines.

Remembered visiting this place years ago and found it fascinating then. Must have changed since that was about 40 years ago. Should really go next time we are down that way.

Bekonscot Model Village - Home

Thanks for the link, Glen, I liked strolling through this lovely model village.
I didn’t know that Bekonscot is the oldest original model village in the world.
Learning never stops. :)

Reactions: glenwilson

Users who are viewing this thread