Merry Christmas To You All

• Thread starter Lady_Musketeer_GER
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Lady_Musketeer_GER

Lady_Musketeer_GER

Friend of the NRU
2 May 2012
"Whatever else be lost among the years, let us keep Christmas still a shining thing:
Whatever doubts assail us or what fears, let us hold close one day remembering
the poignant meaning for the hearts of men (...) ."
Grace Noll Crowell

For the religious as well as for the non-religious, Christmas is still a reflecive time where attention naturally draws inward and questions about meaning are asked.
It may weave a spell of nostalgia when looking back on our past, as it is always a day of rememberance, a day, in which we think of everything and everyone we have ever loved.
People say happiness cannot be measured in exact terms and that may be true.
It is enough that we have Christmas to remind us that love, happiness and goodwill are the only things that uplift our lives.
May this Christmas season bring you closer to all those that you treasure in your heart.

Have a very merry Christmas!

Thank you Lady M. And a Merry Christmas to all too.

Whilst Xmas’ core is primarily a religous the period has become a time of reflection and sharing too. Where I used to work had people of all and no faiths but all joined in the core festivities of giving gifts and enjoying meals together. I hope everyone gets to have some time to relax over the holiday period. If you are working on Christmas day that can be awkward (I really enjoyed leaving for work at noon) but hopefully you will get some time to relax too.

If you are the person cooking Christmas dinner my tips are:
  1. Have a spreadsheet with cooking times on allowing times for food to rest if needed
  2. Prepare as much as you can in advance - previous day
  3. Clean up as you go along - saves having to deal with that pile of washing up later
:)

Here is a sample of my dinner spreadsheet. It does help if you are having family or friends over - less likely to miss something.
Dinner

Thank you, Mr Bond. :)

Users who are viewing this thread