Mauritius - whoops

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Stayed in this hotel (picture below), The Grand Mauritian in 2011 when my wife won a holiday to the island with flights and two hotels. We checked out to go to the next hotel (which was nearby) and four ours later it was dust - burnt to the ground!

This vid (not mine) on YouTube shows it. [video=youtube;GMkb5AA4o4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkb5AA4o4U[/video]

Attachments

• Mauritius 2011-4.jpg
    Mauritius 2011-4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 54
The second hotel had a few fire alarms during the nights we were there and no one (apart from us) seemed to bother.

We went to the USA in 2003 to visit the North Carolina and Virginia. Checked in to the first hotel. Put on the weather channel and there were all these warnings about hurricane Isabel. Where was the expected landfall, exactly where were going to be on the NC coast. Remember wedging a chair against the hotel window to stop it flexing in and out. My wife's name is Isobel and everytime we checked in we got "oohh your names the same as the hurricane". Because shops, restaurants were affect by power outages we had to live on the box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts we had for a few days :) .

Last year in Vegas on the strip we got flash floods and then rain in Death Valley!

I'll let you know our holiday plans in advance so you can avoid the area we are going to.

oups ,,,,,,,,,,,,, have you had a good holiday anyway ?
to take the next vacancy in the winter lool ....

USA in September was great. A week in December down south in London doing touristy stuff and a day trip to France to stock up on French cheese, Belgian beer and German sausage.

USA in September was great. A week in December down south in London doing touristy stuff and a day trip to France to stock up on French cheese, Belgian beer and German sausage.

pffff too much time you have and money;)

belgian beer and german SAUSAGE :D

you might have been in the wrong part of germany to drink beer ;)

only bavaria knows how to make beer in germany ;) and only special kinds of beer...

Mauritius is on my list of places that I still want to visit one day. Looks really nice!!!

Users who are viewing this thread