Looking for a new headset

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
ItsDABAUZZ

ItsDABAUZZ

Did somebody say TV Missile?
NRU Member
27 Jul 2020
The Netherlands
So I'm looking for a new headset, since the old one decided to break in two. I want a nice pair without a microphone because I plan of getting a seperate one.
So do any of you have any recomendations? Audio is not my expertise :D I want to spend about €100-€150 euro.

I'm currently looking at the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X but it has Pleather earpads, and in my experience that gets sweaty real fast 😬

Im currently (still) running Audio-Technica ATH-M50X with some different after market earpads, not much issues with the sweaty things. I even didn't have the sweaty issues with the original ones.
Anyway, headphone is just great, some good audio, dont need separate amps or whatso ever and a nice comfortable fit on my fat head (you know how it looks like ;) )

PS just looked it up, bought them in 2015 so thats for the lifetime of these things!

If you manage to find a good deal I can recommend the Beyerdynamics MMX300. It has insanely good audio and you can buy replacement parts for every single component in case that somethings breaks. Also very comfortable to wear even with glasses. Which is quite important.

I have had dozens of headsets and have come to the conclusion, the tag "gaming headset" is generally a gimmicky way to sell shit headphones. You want good sound quality and lightness.
I use and have been using a set of Bose headphones for the last 5 years. They are light, excellent sound and best of all is the noise cancelling function, where I can have the PC fans on max, the air conditioner 20cm
right behind me and still can only hear the game Im playing. I suggest going to a store that sells headphones and trying different sets, then decide.
Thats what I did and was blown away by these.

Reactions: lakaelo
I know I know its more expensive than your range. I have beyerdynamic dt990 headphones and a usb mic and if i could chose i would probably go for this: MMX 300

Sounds crazy yes stays expensive yes but you can change any part if it dies down on you :) got my dt990 since 2015 and no broken cable for once after 6 years and even if.

Reactions: Akhara
Reactions: Ch8nge
So I'm looking for a new headset, since the old one decided to break in two. I want a nice pair without a microphone because I plan of getting a seperate one.
So do any of you have any recomendations? Audio is not my expertise :D I want to spend about €100-€150 euro.

I'm currently looking at the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X but it has Pleather earpads, and in my experience that gets sweaty real fast 😬
i replaced the pads - Amazon product ASIN B01G567THO
Find them so much more comfortable than the originals

Users who are viewing this thread